Legion LEGIXN | Season 2 - Episode 6 | Chapter 14

Reaction score
206 5/15/2018 10 PM ET/PT

A delusion starts like any other idea .. But ends in disaster. Written by Noah Hawley & Nathaniel Halpern; directed by Charlie McDowell.

Pretty sure Chapter 13 airing this week, Chapter 14 will be airing on May 8, not the 15th.

Well, in case anyone was wondering what Stevens would look like as Beast but with Ron Perlman’s make-up...

Oh, and, was it just me or was Stevens doing a Patrick Stewart impression for rich David?

Last edited:
Someone didn't tell David that the X-Men already have a Beast.

But really liking Dan Stevens' versatility with each new persona.

This is the first episode that really made no sense to me.

It is the first time that an episode ended leaving me wondering as to how it fits in to the overall story line. Usually they at least hint as to where they're going.

I could be missing something, but I'm pretty good at these types of shows.

The whole "quantum mechanics" and "infinite possibilities" plot device is really getting old in sci-fi.

Unless you can time travel, each and every one of us has a specific set of experiences. We can influence our future based on things we do in the present. I realize David has all kinds of "powers" but geez... his sister was killed last week.

They killed her off and then it felt like the writers decided "we need more Katie Aselton" and knee-jerked back to writing her into the story.

"Twin Peaks" started off wonderfully back into its day and then devolved into nonsensical madness because the writers had no overall story and just made things up as they went along.

I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't what happens with "Legion".

I don't think it's as aimless as you're making it out to be. The show has been indulging in these thought experiments from the start. The Jon Hamm narration so fit in there, asking questions about reality, how we perceive it, affect it and, as Farouk reminded you tonight, how it is that one can, in effect, choose it. It also functions as neat little nod to David's multiple-personality disorder from the comics.

And as far as Twin Peaks go, if you went in focused on anarrative... you were looking in the wrong place.

I'm not the biggest fan of alternate reality versions of characters I like so this was an off episode for me. :(

I think this was a fun episode with some memorable moments, but it does feel like some of the stuff happened "just for the sake of it". They should've focused on connecting these timelines to the main story a bit more.

I know I'm late on this one and it was probably evident last season, but felt more so for me this time: David attempting to hang himself to silence the voices he heard, as well as being given drugs to basically numb him, made me think of how young Charles became a drug addict just so he could get some sleep and stop the voices he heard in Days of Future Past.

I think Dan Stevens is great and deserves an Emmy nomination for his performance as David, but I found this episode to be a little too self-indulgent. I liked the story they were telling, but it didn't need an entire episode devoted to it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this show. It's just drifting a bit too much at this point.

A whole episode devoted to a point Syd makes at the end? That would have been hard to do in a 2 minute flashback sequence.

But David having a manic break didn't need to take an entire hour.

Last week's episode strayed (a lot) but came back in the end by making an astonishing point about Lenny's new body. There was so much oddity during the hour that - at one point when they went to a commercial - I thought it was still the show for about a minute because I'm so used to just having something completely different tossed at me to absorb.

This happened again - TWICE - in this week's episode. They went to commercial and were showing clips from upcoming f/x shows and I thought that it was still the show!

Cable series tend to have less shows than the traditional 24-26 episode seasons of broadcast TV, which is why it's important not to have "filler".

If I had any constructive feedback for the writers regarding this one, I would tell them that it's an intriguing challenge just to follow the main storyline. Adding 4-5 additional potential storylines is simply too much to keep up with.

It does say a lot that this is the first one I haven't cared for, because they've done a lot of risky things. I will be back next week hoping the main story continues.

I agree this episode just felt too self-indulgent for me.

But, the soundtrack remains god-tier.

I'll have to wait until the season is finished before I can evaluate the episode, because it could very well turn out to have been necessary for the story. But as of right now it did come off as Hawley going too far up his own ass. Certainly interesting to watch, though.

Boring, self-indulgent episode. It's hard for me to imagine what could happen in future episodes to justify so much time being spent on David's multiple worlds.

It's been weeks now since an episode has moved the main plot forward. Can we get back to it now?

This episode is one gigantic eulogy for David’s sister. View it through that prism, and it sits a whole lot better in the narrative.

Not really. Amy didn't need a eulogy comprising a whole episode.

This is the first episode that really made no sense to me.

It is the first time that an episode ended leaving me wondering as to how it fits in to the overall story line. Usually they at least hint as to where they're going.

Unless you can time travel, each and every one of us has a specific set of experiences. We can influence our future based on things we do in the present. I realize David has all kinds of "powers" but geez... his sister was killed last week.

They killed her off and then it felt like the writers decided "we need more Katie Aselton" and knee-jerked back to writing her into the story.

Pretty much how I felt coming out of this episode. Some nice scenes in there though.

Easily the best episode of the series. Don't really understand the complaints here...

tumblr_p8sjxuvCIM1wgepv8o1_540.gif

tumblr_p8sjxuvCIM1wgepv8o4_540.gif

tumblr_p8sjxuvCIM1wgepv8o3_540.gif

tumblr_p8sjxuvCIM1wgepv8o2_540.gif

This episode is one gigantic eulogy for David’s sister. View it through that prism, and it sits a whole lot better in the narrative.
I definitely viewed it this way. It's David and Amy in a multitude of different lifetimes. Kinda like The Fountain or Cloud Atlas. Both of those films could be considered self-indulgent too. So I understand the complaints, but didn't feel like it dragged terribly that much either.

I definitely viewed it this way. It's David and Amy in a multitude of different lifetimes. Kinda like The Fountain or Cloud Atlas. Both of those films could be considered self-indulgent too. So I understand the complaints, but didn't feel like it dragged terribly that much either.

Well after reading multiple reviews I found one that indicated he believes David, in that moment after the realization whilst he was hugging Lenny/Amy, was able to see all the different realities that "could have been" for Amy. The massive amount of possibilities he is able to see might also be a partial reason for the schizophrenia. However:

1. I stand firm that it didn't need to take an hour. A 2-4 minute clip would have sufficed.

2. Perhaps I am just too dense as a viewer but I really feel like I shouldn't have to search the Internet for an hour after an episode to discover what it was trying to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"