NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
In which David fights the future.

Director: Keith Gordon
Writer: Noah Hawley

Airs June 12.

Last edited:
I'd say they've gone out with a bang. The opening battle especially was extremely creative and inventive. Can't wait to see what they do next year! I have a feeling David's character is only going to get more interesting from here. I love the way Dan Stevens was playing him in this episode.

That battle between David and Farouk, for my money, had more imagination and creativity than any of the comic book films released this year thus far, and probably down the line, too.

giphy.gif

That battle between David and Farouk, for my money, had more imagination and creativity than any of the comic book films released this year thus far, and probably down the line, too.

giphy.gif
I've been watching it on repeat throughout the evening. It is simply brilliant. I'm not saying the show doesn't have flaws, but stuff like this is what makes it worth it. There is still nothing else like this show.

Im still confused. Is David actually delusional or are they just making him think he is?

giphy.gif

Reminded me of the 90s animated series.

It reminded me of a similar scene in Big Trouble in Little China. :p

I just watched the finale, and I hate that they made David into a rapist at the end.

It's hard for me to see Farouk as a good guy here. :p

I was confused why they let him go. I get that David is probably the bigger threat at this point, but that doesn't make Farouk trustworthy.

Dynamite episode. I wish the whole season had been of the same quality. I could really feel the sting of David's friends' betrayal. David as a villain is going to be amazing.

I was confused why they let him go. I get that David is probably the bigger threat at this point, but that doesn't make Farouk trustworthy.

I don't believe that he's a good guy, or that the others just let him go. I think he's controlling their minds. We already saw him set a rat to whisper in Syd's ear. I'll bet he did the same to the rest.

Dynamite episode. I wish the whole season had been of the same quality. I could really feel the sting of David's friends' betrayal. David as a villain is going to be amazing.

I don't believe that he's a good guy, or that the others just let him go. I think he's controlling their minds. We already saw him set a rat to whisper in Syd's ear. I'll bet he did the same to the rest.

Yeah, the rat. That's what I was thinking. So there's actually two bad guys, sorta. :p

Man they screwed over David. They recruit and want to use him to fight D3. They end up joining D3. They want to use him to find and destroy the Shadow King. They wind up teaming up with the Shadow King. If they are indeed operating under their own free will, then I hope the Shadow King royally ****s them over.

I'm just glad Farouk made it out alive. Navid Negahban has been the MVP of the season for me, can't wait to see where they take him next.

Such a great season finale... dat opening.

They need to bring Hawley on whenever one of the movies or other shows wants to do a psychic battle. I am real fascinated where they go with this.

I just watched the finale, and I hate that they made David into a rapist at the end.

Nevertheless, it was a one sentence illustration, by Syd, of how badly David has been deluding himself, was it not?

In fact, that brief scene was much more effective than all the "delusion talk" and examples that were used as filler for most of Season 2.

I'll admit this season was losing me, as I finally just got around to watching the finale. But damned if this ep didn't suck me right back in! I still feel like this season was overwrought with self-indulgent filler, but I am officially hyped for S3. Can't for Unstable Villain David. :up:

is it me or did anyone think that Lenny was going to shoot off Syd's arm? therefore making her future Syd?

I thought she was going to lose her arm when she was yanked down the rabbit hole.

I'll be supremely disappointed if Dan Stevens and/or Navid Negahban don't get some award nods for their work this season. Great stuff.

is it me or did anyone think that Lenny was going to shoot off Syd's arm? therefore making her future Syd?

Yeah I was right there with ya.

This season meandered a bit but was still awesome. Great finale, god knows where we go next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"