Justice League Let's Talk Costumes?

^^ Dude, I, too, LOVE the Burton cape and cowl. He always looked badass and like BATMAN, reminded me of the Neal Adams' Batman in some shots. That's my favorite cowl, easily. And I love the leather/bat like texture of the Burton cape. Just perfect. All for it, dude.

Big no to the Arkham gauntlets though. Look like something borrowed from Bat-Iron Man. Sorry, dude. Too big and bulky, I hate em. How the hell does he drive the batmobile with those things on anyway?

Give him the black leotard and perfection. :D lol :)

Ok I think I may have the best idea for a Batman suit:

The Batarmor? New 52.

The New 52 armor looks great. Big black Batsymbol, grey bodysuit, no underwear.

2012-07-01+-+Batman+001.jpg

Gloves, boots, and belt? Arkhamverse.

The gloves, boots, and belt for the Arkhamverse look great and should be used. I'm making the suit a navy blue/grey so yea they fit.

AA_ACWhite-400x767.jpg

The cape, mask and cowl? Injustice/Burton's Batman

I just love the cape and cowl for Burton's Batman with the things reaching out making the cape. It's a nice nod and also Injustice Gods Among Us used it.

batman.jpg

Insurgency_Batman_Injustice%3AGods_Among_Us_iOS.jpg

Thoughts?

Not a fan of either cowl to be honest. It doesn't need that spike thing going on. The "regular world" Batman in Injustice had it better in my opinion.

I think the most important costume requirement is that Wonder Woman is not wearing spandex pants (like in the Adrienne pics), nor is it a skirt. It has to be the spankies/leotarde style!

Also her chest piece is very important. For example, Adrienne's fakeness was too obvious. Needs to be better, though show the cleav as someone from Paradise Island would!

I was browsing through some concept art and came across this

3024755-5850591199-122_l.jpg

I thought something like the one on the right would be pretty cool for a physical Green Lantern costume. I was initially against the idea but if people can suspend their disbelief and accept Thor and Loki having costume's, or parts of them, that just materialise (despite how incredibly cheesey that glowing cg effect looked when it did) then why not Green Lantern? Surely it wouldn't be so ridiculous as to believe the constructs can be so complex that they begin to resemble physical materials.
One of my biggest gripes with the movie was how the suit just ended up looking like body paint in some scenes, not to mention the fact you could see way too much of Reynolds anatomy for my liking :p

maskgl.png

500px-Green_Lantern_Movie_Concept_Art.jpg

Last edited:
that last ryanlantern pic looks cool. aside from the second muscle/skin look. if they put him in armor it would've looked so much better. more like your 2nd concept art pic.

There wasn't anything wrong with the design of the Green Lantern suit design. It was just the fact they decided to construct it through CGI was moronic.

GL's "suit" was far too light though. The green needed to be darker, he looked ridiculous. Doesn't help that it was all CGI. Why waste money on that crap? It looked terrible.

More or less, this is what I want for all the costumes

Superman:
30v0q6h.jpg

Batman:
i1l7af.jpg

Wonder Woman:
(except I'd make the skirt a little longer. Like to her knees)
3161a1t.jpg

Green Lantern: depending on who they use
2vv9vuu.jpg

or
6ss2v6.jpg

(except I'd change the logo/chest insignia)

Flash:
2sble2o.jpg

Aquaman:
2kfyow.jpg

(except I'd remove the A on his belt and make the shirt more gold-ish than orange)

Martian Manthuner:
1rw4yp.jpg

(except I'd remove the neck part)

Last edited:
With the GL First Flight costume, I'd make the logo a bit bigger.

I would also use the New 52 Aquaman design.

Underwear on the outside are a no no for me. Batman Arkham Origin's costume is where it's at!

Nice choices though!

More or less, this is what I want for all the costumes

Superman:
30v0q6h.jpg

If that doesn't scream Superman then I don't know what does :woot: Basically if they follow a similar approach to the rest of the league I'd be very happy. Not similar as it "needs to look exactly the same" but similar as in it fits into the same realm of reality. Ie this probably wouldn't work next to a rubber suit, you know.

As far as some comments about the Arrow show...you guys miss the entire premise of the series. He's a vigilante NOT A SUPERHERO. So no he isn't wearing a bright colorful costume with a domino mask with funny arrows. He's killing people. It's the premise. Guy trapped on island for 5 years learns to kill or be killed and brings that mentality back home. Slowly and I mean slowly over the show I think he will become more of a hero, but initially he was just doing it for his own reasons. On one episode Diggle even calls him on his crap. That he could be doing more to help people and stop other crimes instead of his own vendetta.

Anyway the point of a good live action costume is that is fits the tone of the show. That's it. Smallville's version of Green Arrow would look wholly out of place on Arrow, though he fit perfectly in that comic book inspired reality full of other heroes in costume.

Personally for a movie that has the tone of the Avengers I would probably go with the look from Smallville. On the other hand I think his look on Arrow is perfect for the tone of the show and for a guy who isn't trying to be a superhero or draw a lot of attention to himself.

newgreenarrowsidebyside.jpg

And I'm perfectly fine with him not wearing a mask. Domino masks don't hide your identity that well anyway, despite what comics tell us. He's better off just changing his voice, sticking to shadows and using his hood.

Last edited:
They can keep Batman and Superman's costumes the way it is. Injustice: Gods Among Us had some good costume redesigns. They looked more modern and realistic, instead of using standard spandex.

Flash
flash-injustice-primecostume.jpg

Aquaman
830523_510436989008921_607785655_o.jpg

Green Lantern John Stewart
John_concept_art_.jpg

Hawkgirl
hawkgirl-injustice-concept.jpg

Wonder Woman
tumblr_mlf9yyHElf1qkc1mwo1_1280.jpg

or they can go with Jim Lee's Earth 2 Wonder Woman
earth-2-cover-issue-1-620-detail-wonder-woman.jpg

Martian Manhunter
New+52+Martian+Manhunter.jpg

In regards to opaque white lenses over the eyes, I'd like to see it on Batman's, but not with Flash or Green Lantern. Especially if they use Barry because I think he typically has his eyes exposed while it's Wally that had the lenses.

They can keep Batman and Superman's costumes the way it is. Injustice: Gods Among Us had some good costume redesigns. They looked more modern and realistic, instead of using standard spandex.

Flash
flash-injustice-primecostume.jpg

Aquaman
830523_510436989008921_607785655_o.jpg

Green Lantern John Stewart
John_concept_art_.jpg

Hawkgirl
hawkgirl-injustice-concept.jpg

Wonder Woman
tumblr_mlf9yyHElf1qkc1mwo1_1280.jpg

or they can go with Jim Lee's Earth 2 Wonder Woman
earth-2-cover-issue-1-620-detail-wonder-woman.jpg

Martian Manhunter
New+52+Martian+Manhunter.jpg

I think all of those are awful, and that's not Jim Lee, that's Ivan Reis.

I'm really interested to see if Flash's costume looks similar to the new series. It looks close enough to work alongside the Cavill Supes and Batfleck suits.

I actually really like some of the injustice costumes. I think the more armored look is pretty cool. Would love to see a flash costume like this:
injusticeflash.jpg

Aquamans current new 52 costume would be awesome too.

Man i gotta say, I hate the Injustice Flash look. I'm not a huge fan of the costume on the new Flash tv series, but its better than the Injustice suit...

If they're going armored... use the DCUO look
DXUpQV1.jpg

that works too, I just like the armord style in general
I'm a fan of it when it's not over the top. But the character doesn't really need armor. He has the speed force to protect him.
I'm confident that Snyder will find the right material for The Flash. I'm thinking he won't have armor. The suits material will be more similar to the materials of the Batman and Superman suits.

I'm thinking armors are a no go this round, we saw Superman's suit in action, and the new Batman suit in the B&W picture looks very Dark Knight Returns inspired, almost down to a tee
I'm guessing something close to the new 52 costume for Wonder Woman
T164gbb.jpg

This is ideal for Green Lantern^
Reminds me of Oliver's vigilante outfit in Arrow

As long as the jacket is dropped I'm fine with the New 52 suit being used. Wait is that the jacket one because if it isn't ignore my post.

The Batsuit is done, it looks great for the most part (I'd prefer slightly longer ears and I'm an all-black fan but no big deal), Superman's costume will probably be very similar to Man of Steel but slightly updated. Those are both good.

For Wonder Woman I'm hoping for something very much like one of these...

http://i.imgur.com/Q2Ppgzu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WFf6Qwv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s1TY4DU.jpg

Credit to Lambo Man from this site on the photoshop work. I prefer silver to gold for the accessories but both are fine with me. I prefer the skirt to the other versions but all of them work for me. Not a big fan of the shoulder pads in the last one but those are all great and exactly what I'm hoping to see.

For Green Lantern it's one of two designs for me, something very similar to one of these designs. No CGI suit this time, that was awful. Maybe the chest logo, otherwise no CGI...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7374/9672949831_6bcd28aa1d.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109250/2403956-hal_jordan.jpg

For Flash I want it to look the way it always has, maybe they can add some light texturing to make it look more modern but it has to remain very classic IMO...

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130711152924/marvel_dc/images/b/bc/Flash_Bart_Allen_0002.jpg

I feel the exact same way about Aquaman too, as someone pointed out Thor's arms have a similar design to Aquaman's upper body part of the suit, that should work well. Keep it very similar to the classic look...

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110912171623/marvel_dc/images/3/33/Aquaman_0177.jpg

I'm going to go with Green Arrow next because I don't care about Martian Manhunter or Cyborg, as long as they don't look cheesy, which I doubt they will, I don't care. For Green Arrow I would go with something very similar to this...

http://www.comicstoponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Green-Arrow.jpg

Obviously all of them will be updated alittle, probably more textured but I'd like them to be very similar to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"