Liev Schreiber Speaks

Schreiber looks like Jackman and that's the whole point.

Forget the big hairy monster in the comic and embrace this grounded incarnation of that monster in the film.

They didnt put Creed in this movie to showcase a giant "lion-man".

They put him in this movie to show what happens when two brothers that share the gift of immortality go to war with each other.

Wolverine is not 5'3" in this movie and Creed is not 6'6".

Those incarnations can stay in the comic where they belong.

Do you mean brothers in the sense that they are alike? or Do we know that they are, indeed, blood brothers in this movie? Or is this one of your signature posts where you spout out your opinions and what you think might happen as fact.

Liev S's Sabretooth sounds what I imagine Claremont's real Sabretooth sounds like; Mane's to me sounds like the Sabretooth from Grant Morrison's run.

I don't remember, it's been awhile since i've read Morrion's run on New X-men, but did 616 Universe's Sabretooth appear in his any of his storylines?

Wolverine and Sabertooth will be half-brothers in the movie.

Liev Schrieber will do a damn good job. he's solid when he gets to play psychos. for instance, if you can dig up the movie Phantoms,.. He's awesome in in an otherwise forgettable horror movie..

To borrow an sickeningly over-used phrase,

" I believe in Liev Schrieber"

Liev Schrieber will do a damn good job. he's solid when he gets to play psychos. for instance, if you can dig up the movie Phantoms,.. He's awesome in in an otherwise forgettable horror movie..

To borrow an sickeningly over-used phrase,

" I believe in Liev Schrieber"

i'm with you mate,

82953172qf4.jpg

I don't remember, it's been awhile since i've read Morrion's run on New X-men, but did 616 Universe's Sabretooth appear in his any of his storylines?
Yeah, the first part of 'Assault on Weapon Plus' has Sabretooth in it. Probably my favourite Morrison arc, but the most inventive thing he could do with Creed was establish that Wolverine has a bigger pecker than him.

for instance, if you can dig up the movie Phantoms,.. He's awesome in in an otherwise forgettable horror movie.
Affleck was da bomb in PHANTOMS.

What actors don't do for their craft:

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1371971

Great X-pectations
Posted By KEVIN WILLIAMSON

Forget Wolverine. The real claws Liev Schreiber has to worry about are the ones unsheathed by fan-boys ready to carve him for being too "urbane, dorky and out-of-shape" to portray the villainous Sabretooth. (His words, not mine.)

So when Schreiber, a stage veteran and career character actor, joined this summer's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," he realized from the get-go he had to be convincing as "this big bad-ass guy who can whup Wolverine.

I knew from reading online what the fans said that I had to be big, I had to be muscular, that that was part of the fantasy element that makes these films so great.

"These guys aren't human. They're mutants; they're larger-than- life characters. It's like Greek mythology and Shakespeare."

Still, he admits he was ill-prepared for what he had to put himself through to match star Hugh Jackman's imposing physique.

"Now, first of all, I am bigger than Hugh, so that's not such a longshot. But the reality is -- and I'm a friend of Hugh, he asked me to do this -- I looked at some pictures of him and said, 'Holy s---, he has really become colossal.'

"He's like a professional bodybuilder. So I started this program, this weight-lifting (and) chicken genocide that was really intense.
"And I hope I never have to do it again."

At least until the sequel.

I have complete faith in him. And I like the way they have made them both similar in size, showing that they are different sides to the same coin. Creed is what Logan could become if he completely embraces the animal side. I like that.

i'm with you mate,

82953172qf4.jpg

That shot is fantastic. :word:

Noticing they are in a garage setting here, and in the trailer they also fought in some building when they fall through the glass, I am wondering how many times Wolvie and Creed fight. Or maybe when they go through the glass they fall to the garage and keep going.

Peter, how did you get that pic? That scene was only in the Comic-Con footage, right?

That shot is fantastic. :word:

Noticing they are in a garage setting here, and in the trailer they also fought in some building when they fall through the glass, I am wondering how many times Wolvie and Creed fight. Or maybe when they go through the glass they fall to the garage and keep going.
It would be awesome it their final showdown is in the Howlett's old mansion.

Peter, how did you get that pic? That scene was only in the Comic-Con footage, right?

no, that shot is in the official trailer.

but yea, it was also in the Comicon trailer except it was reversed and Creed was standing at the left side of the frame instead.

In your avatar, we can see the beginning of this particular fight at the barn, which happens right after Kayla's death.

*Logan is still wearing the same brown shirt.

no, that shot is in the official trailer.

but yea, it was also in the Comicon trailer except it was reversed and Creed was standing at the left side of the frame instead.

In your avatar, we can see the beginning of this particular fight at the barn, which happens right after Kayla's death.

*Logan is still wearing the same brown shirt.

I bet Logan tracks him to that barn which is where their father lived off the Howlett estate.

Yeah, the first part of 'Assault on Weapon Plus' has Sabretooth in it.

Do you remember the artist?

Probably my favourite Morrison arc, but the most inventive thing he could do with Creed was establish that Wolverine has a bigger pecker than him.
That's what I hated about that whole era of the X-men books actually, the mostly random info, very juvenile, used for shock-value that was shared. Of course this was the time when Chuck Austen OF ALL PEOPLE, was interviewed about Nightcrawler in the X2 disc and said something about Kurt having TWO peckers.

Do you remember the artist?
Chris Bachalo.

Of course this was the time when Chuck Austen OF ALL PEOPLE, was interviewed about Nightcrawler in the X2 disc and said something about Kurt having TWO peckers.
I remember that. Who did they get in to talk about Kurt - Chris Claremont? Dave Cockrum? Alan Davis? No, no, no. Chuck Austen!

Chris Bachalo.

oh yea i think i remember now. Some of the weakest work bachalo has turned in. :(

I remember that. Who did they get in to talk about Kurt - Chris Claremont? Dave Cockrum? Alan Davis? No, no, no. Chuck Austen!

Bwahahaha. You know what tho i don't think i've even bothered to check out that featurette...i might have seen it when it was first posted online way back when they were promoting that dvd...just don't want any of that "important knowledge" inside my head. It's sortof like watching (or in my case, not watching) any of the Saw movies. :D

I liked this part of his answer. :woot:

"The research that I did, Victor’s particular mutant issue, has nothing to do with his name “Sabertooth” but that’s where I decided to start. What is Sabertooth. How do they move? What are their behavioral characteristics? And I knew this stuff from the comic. I knew that he was a completely savage street fighter and that, that was his MO. But, what I hadn’t seen in some of the earlier films that I was interested in trying to pursue. Is what drives the guy, and instead of saying this guy is just a violent brute, what is the cocktail that makes the brute tick. Hopefully people will like it."

Reminds me when Ledger was asked how his Joker would be and he replied "Well, you'll just have to wait and see..."

Silverglade said:
I liked this part of his answer.
That also impressed me. That's the benefit of hiring an actor rather than a wrestler; no slight to Mane, since he did the best he could with a poor role.

oh yea i think i remember now. Some of the weakest work bachalo has turned in. :(
I thought it was alright. The double page splash of Wolverine jumping at the AIM guy was pretty cool.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...movie-q-a-with-liev-schreiber-86908-21026990/

Q YOU'VE already filmed the new Wolverine movie with buddy Hugh Jackman. How was that?

A HUGH is as big as a house now, he's incredibly muscular. And I'm playing this character who beats the crap out of him. I had just come off a run of a Broadway show, Talk Radio, where I was smoking two packs of cigarettes a night, drinking half a bottle of Jack Daniels and I was in terrible shape. Then I went to Lithuania to get in shape and I sprained my ankle very badly. I honestly didn't even think I'd be able to do the movie.

My prediction for the Wolverine vs Creed fights in the film:

-First fight at the barn following Kayla's death,
Sabretooth "beats the crap" out of Logan, and breaks Logan's bone claws in the process.

-Final showdown at Weapon X after Creed kills the real Silver Fox,
Logan defeats Sabretooth, not just because he now has Adamantium, but because the first fight was a simulation and never actually happened.

Wolverine was the strongest of the two all along. Notice how in the final fight Creed can't even touch him with those claws because Logan keeps his hands under control.

...You just said the final fight was a simulation. :huh: Maybe the point is to let Wolverine think that he won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"