Liev Schreiber Speaks

Nope. A sequel to this one would be great. You're not gonna get any better than Stevenson. The man is Frank Castle. :up:

And yeah, Jackman's calves are fine but the proportions seem...off. The Johnny Bravo effect.

Do you want a Punisher reboot movie again ? lol

After this last misguided misfire, it's gonna take so long for the Punisher to get back to the big screen they are going to have to reboot the franchise anyway. Regardless how you felt about the movie, it had the worst box office and critical reception for any Marvel character in years, there is no doubt about that fact.

Personally, it had little to do with the violence as much as the bad direction from someone who thinks of the character and his world being a big neon-lit joke.

Nope. A sequel to this one would be great. You're not gonna get any better than Stevenson. The man is Frank Castle. :up:

And yeah, Jackman's calves are fine but the proportions seem...off. The Johnny Bravo effect.

You MUST be joking.

I love The Dark Knight, but it's fans scare me. :wow:

I'm a big fan, but not a crazy one. I was telling my brother last night that The Dark Knight has like this crazy religious cult following online. Say something bad about it, or even try to compare it to any other superhero movie at all, and you get attacked.

It's kind of funny.

I'm a big fan, but not a crazy one. I was telling my brother last night that The Dark Knight has like this crazy religious cult following online. Say something bad about it, or even try to compare it to any other superhero movie at all, and you get attacked.

It's kind of funny.

I'm the same way. I love TDK, I personally think it is the best Superhero movie as of now, however, I certainly think it can be topped. Some movies came close. X2, had it not been produced by fox, had potential in my opinion, and Watchmen certainly looks like it could give TDK a run for it's money.

I'm the same way. I love TDK, I personally think it is the best Superhero movie as of now, however, I certainly think it can be topped. Some movies came close. X2, had it not been produced by fox, had potential in my opinion, and Watchmen certainly looks like it could give TDK a run for it's money.

Blaming FOX for X2 not ranking in with TDK dont make a whole lotta sense to me.

Two very different films is all.

The studios behind them aren't really part of the equation.

What? Don't you know? If there's nothing else to do, it's always safe to blame Fox.

;)

HAHA...

Exactly. :p

I remember when X2 came out, it blew everyone away! I mean, it made IMDb's top 250 list several times and it got awesome reviews on RT.

But, it got completely swept under the rug by Spider-Man 2 and now no one even remembers it. :(

-TNC

Well, we ladies tend to not think about Hugh Jackman's calves when we see Hugh Jackman if you get my drift. :cwink:

Well, we ladies tend to not think about Hugh Jackman's calves when we see Hugh Jackman if you get my drift. :cwink:
Yeah, we tend to notice this a bit more:

hugh-jackman-shirtless-stallion-10.jpg

hugh-speedos.jpg

Sure he does - *excuse to post evidence* - obviously it's an "innie" LOL.

hugh-jackman-beach-bum-01.jpg

Alright, fair enough. :oldrazz:

You MUST be joking.

And no, no I am not. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in ages. My friends and I were practically rolling down the aisles with laughter and all want a sequel. Very rarely do you find a movie that is both badass and hilarious. Great kills, great laughs, great flick. Yeah the story wasn't much but to be honest I was having too much fun to notice. I'd happily take a straight to DVD sequel if it's more of the same. A good story would just be a plus for me.

HAHA...

Exactly. :p

I remember when X2 came out, it blew everyone away! I mean, it made IMDb's top 250 list several times and it got awesome reviews on RT.

But, it got completely swept under the rug by Spider-Man 2 and now no one even remembers it. :(

-TNC

I know, its a shame, Spidey 2 was amazing and all, but X2 is still the better movie for me.

You know, to be perfectly honest here, Liev Schreiber playing Sabertooth has never bothered me because I frankly have never watched any movies he'd been in previously. My only issue is him not having blond hair.

At least his soul patch is blonde.

supersabeevo5.jpg

I just figured he was dark blonde.

I am not as smart on the X-Men lore as everyone else here, but I did watch the 3 X-films. I want to say that I am really excited about this new movie, and so far I like Liev in this role. I am waiting to see more.

And when the actors talk about potential sequel or trilogy, how would they name it? lol Since it is emphasis is on Wolverine Origin.. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine II" or something? A little too early to worry about that, I know.

I am not as smart on the X-Men lore as everyone else here, but I did watch the 3 X-films. I want to say that I am really excited about this new movie, and so far I like Liev in this role. I am waiting to see more.

And when the actors talk about potential sequel or trilogy, how would they name it? lol Since it is emphasis is on Wolverine Origin.. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine II" or something? A little too early to worry about that, I know.

I've actually laughed about that myself.

I figure, though, that this will be his only "origins" movie. After this, they'll probably either drop the "Origins" and just keep "Wolverine," or something like that.

They have been playing X-men 1 alot on Cinemax latley and iam sorry but i actually liked Tyler Manes Sabretooth when he actually talked he sounded scary and what Sabretooth should sound like

His look was very intimidating maybe its the fact that Mane looked ****ing huge in that movie

I dont know iam not saying i want Mane to be Sabretooth again but if you think about it there was a reason Singer didn't have him talk alot...in the movie it is hinted that Wolverine and Sabretooth most def have a past but they dont remember it( or at least Sabretooth definetley somewhat remembers him but probably isnt that sure)

Iam not hating on Liev and i know hes a better actor than Mane but imo this Sabreooth looks way to human and doesn't look intimidating at all

Fox has been known to rush production time to crank out movies as quick as possible, without giving the directors the time they want to make the product the way they want.

And TNC, I never did get the huge appreciation for SM2, it's not much better then SM3 for me. I've never really liked it that much, and I enjoyed X2 much more.

They have been playing X-men 1 alot on Cinemax latley and iam sorry but i actually liked Tyler Manes Sabretooth when he actually talked he sounded scary and what Sabretooth should sound like

His look was very intimidating maybe its the fact that Mane looked ****ing huge in that movie

I dont know iam not saying i want Mane to be Sabretooth again but if you think about it there was a reason Singer didn't have him talk alot...in the movie it is hinted that Wolverine and Sabretooth most def have a past but they dont remember it( or at least Sabretooth definetley somewhat remembers him but probably isnt that sure)

Iam not hating on Liev and i know hes a better actor than Mane but imo this Sabreooth looks way to human and doesn't look intimidating at all

I agree that Mane looks the part, whereas Schreiber looks like, well, Schreiber in a trenchcoat. That said, I think Schreiber's portrayal will be better, as Schreiber is the better actor and has more to work with given the nature of the story. Since this is an origin movie, I intrepret Sabretooth's looking more human as him not having fully evolved or given into his wild nature yet.

Schreiber looks like Jackman and that's the whole point.

Forget the big hairy monster in the comic and embrace this grounded incarnation of that monster in the film.

They didnt put Creed in this movie to showcase a giant "lion-man".

They put him in this movie to show what happens when two brothers that share the gift of immortality go to war with each other.

Wolverine is not 5'3" in this movie and Creed is not 6'6".

Those incarnations can stay in the comic where they belong.

There are exceptions, but what most characters 'should' sound like is down to interpretation. Liev S's Sabretooth sounds what I imagine Claremont's real Sabretooth sounds like; Mane's to me sounds like the Sabretooth from Grant Morrison's run.

I thought all the silly facial fur and black eyes Singer's gave Sabretooth made him look ridiculous and not at all scary. I thought Mane would have looked better and scarier as Sabretooth with much more subtle make-up.

If you've read Brian K. Vaughan X2 Wolverine prequel comic, that's similar to the direction Singer and co. wanted to take him - and they did have a past there.

I'd like him to be taller but just from me judging by the trailer he looks like he nailed it so I'm satisfied.

Forget the big hairy monster in the comic and embrace this grounded incarnation of that monster in the film.

They didnt put Creed in this movie to showcase a giant "lion-man".
There have been plenty of 'grounded' interpretations of Creed in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"