Life Is Strange

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

Life-Is-Strange-image.jpg

Remember Me Dev Announces New Game

Dontnod Entertainment, the studio behind last year's sci-fi game Remember Me, is teaming up with Square Enix for a new project called Life Is Strange. It's an episodic game where players take control of a young woman with the ability to to rewind time. She uses this power to try and track down a missing friend in her hometown, but whenever she uses it, it will have time-bending repercussions that affect the entire story. Like most episodic games, the what you do in one episode will carry over the change what happens in the next, with each chapter building on the choices you’ve made. Max Caulfield has been absent from Arcadia Bay, Oregon for five years now. Upon returning home she discovers that Rachel Amber, a fellow senior at school, has disappeared under mysterious and rather uncomfortable circumstances. While trying to uncover the truth Max reunites with an old friend, Chloe, and makes a startling discovery: Max has the power to rewind time.
No release window for Life Is Strange has been named, but it shouldn’t take too long to come out because it will be playable at Gamescom in Germany this week. It’s being built for the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

And
Square Enix And Remember Me Developer Team Up For Brand New Game. August 11, 2014 . 7:17am

Square Enix and Remember Me developer Dontnod Entertainment have teamed up for a brand new time manipulation game titled Life is Strange.

Square Enix and Remember Me developer Dontnod Entertainment have teamed up for a brand new game titled Life is Strange. The game is an entirely new I.P. that will be released in episodic chapters, where each chapter evolves based on choices you made in the previous ones.

Here’s how Square Enix describe Life is Strange’s story:
Max Caulfield has been absent from Arcadia Bay, Oregon for five years now. Upon returning home she discovers that Rachel Amber, a fellow senior at school, has disappeared under mysterious and rather uncomfortable circumstances. While trying to uncover the truth Max reunites with an old friend, Chloe, and makes a startling discovery: Max has the power to rewind time…
Square Enix say that Life is Strange every action “enacts a butterfly effect”. The game is playable at Gamescom this week, and attending press will get to go hands on with it.

Life is Strange is slated for release on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Life is Strange & PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.
with

source: EPN.TV,Siliconera & GI

Life is Strange: Ambiguous young love among leading ladies

(9 hours ago)

Life is Strange is DONTNOD's second game ever – it's also the studio's second game starring a woman, following 2013's Remember Me.

"That's not us trying to be different for the sake of being different," Creative Director Jean-Maxime Moris said during a demo at Gamescom. "It's not as if we're trying to 'fix the industry.'"

And Life is Strange is so much more than "a game with a girl in it."Life Is Strange (Announce Screens)

Continue Reading

source: JoyStiq

Mirror's Edge? :p

That game never had time manipulation power /ability's this game is like a cross between what Remedy's doing with Quantum Break and an older game called Fear Effect. Cause of the protagonist relationship in this title.

Remember Me creative director: 'It was misunderstood'

(7 hours ago)

Remember Me launched in June 2013 to mostly mediocre reviews. Our own critique called its animations "stilted and poorly portrayed," and found the overall experience disappointing. That following January, French developer DONTNOD entered "judicial reorganization," meaning the studio wasn't keeping up with its debts.

"First of all, we're extremely proud of Remember Me," Creative Director Jean Maxime Moris told Joystiq at Gamescom. "I think it was not perfect by any means, but to some level it was misunderstood. It was our first game. We got totally buried under the hype for a very big game that came out directly after. These are not excuses because it was not perfect, it had flaws. But people are still writing about it today. Every once in a while we see a piece popping up and people actually showing the game some love."Remember Me (2/14/13)

Continue Reading

source: JoyStiq

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Screenshots: Life Is Strange and Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris
Published 54 mins ago. 0 comments.
New screenshots ahead of New York Comic-Con.
LiS-Screens_10-08-14.jpg

Square Enix has released new screenshots of Life Is Strange, its episodic adventure game from Dontnod Entertainment, and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, its Tomb Raider action RPG from Crystal Dynamics.
Find each set below.

visit gallery »

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Crystal Dynamics, Dontnod Entertainment, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Life is Strange, NYCC 2014, Screenshots, Square Enix
source: Gematsu

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Life is Strange: Episode 1 release date set
Published 5 hours ago. 10 comments.

Complete Season available for $19.99.
LiS-Ep1-Date-Init.jpg

The first episode of Life is Strange will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on January 30 for $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99, Square Enix and Dontnod Entertainment announced.
The “Complete Season,” containing all five episodes, will be available for $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99. If you purchase the first episode then decide you want the the upcoming episode, a “Season Pass” containing episodes two to five will be available for $16.99.
The PC version will be available for pre-purchase today.
Watch a new trailer below.
[YT]0aWUSoxQnAo[/YT]

View two new GIFs here and here.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Clips, Dontnod Entertainment, Life is Strange, Release Dates, Square Enix, Trailers
source:Gematsu

Dontnod: Publishers wanted Life is Strange's hero to be male, but Square didn't

(9 hours ago)

[YT]t2Hr_LbIM2E[/YT]
If you're wondering why Remember Me developer Dontnod Entertainment partnered with Square Enix to publish its upcoming game Life is Strange, look no further than the gender of its main character. "We had other publishers tell us, 'Make it a male lead character,'" company employees reveal in a new dev diary for the game. "Square were basically the only publisher that didn't want to change a single thing about the game. ... Square didn't even question [the decision to make Max female] once."

If this story sounds familiar, it might be because Dontnod was in a similar situation regarding Remember Me. "We had some [publishers] that said, 'Well, we don't want to publish it because that's not going to succeed. You can't have a female character in games. It has to be a male character, simple as that,'" creative director Jean-Max Morris said in March of 2013. Of course, the gender of its protagonists might not have been the only reason why other publishers passed on the project, but it's an interesting insight into the climate of games nonetheless.

Morris told Joystiq at Gamescom that despite the consistent use of female protagonists, the studio is not "trying to 'fix the industry.'" As a Dontnod employee says in the above diary, "It felt natural to have Max as a female character for this game."

Life is Strange's first episode of five will debut on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on January 30.
[Image: Square Enix]​
Life Is Strange (Announce Screens)

This game looks fantastic!! A pity about the last gen hair though.

Life Is Strange Will Have New Episodes Every Six Weeks. January 26, 2015 . 10:45pm

The first episode of Life is Strange, Square Enix and Dotnod Entertainment’s episodic adventure game, comes out on January 30. Dotnod confirmed to Siliconera that new episodes for Life is Strange are scheduled to come out every six weeks.

The first episode of Life is Strange, Square Enix and Dotnod Entertainment’s episodic adventure game, comes out on January 30. Dotnod confirmed to Siliconera that new episodes for Life is Strange are scheduled to come out every six weeks.

Life is Strange: Episode 1 – Chrysalis follows Max Caulfield, a high school senior in Oregon, as she discovers her power to rewind time. Similar to a visual novel or Telltale’s The Walking Dead series, players make choices that change how the story unfolds. Max can use her power to see how characters react to a decision and then rewind time to make a difference choice. The time rewinding power is also used for puzzles since Max retains any items she picks up when she rewinds time.

Life is Strange will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Each episode will cost $4.99. Square Enix also has a season pass available with all five episodes for $19.99.

Read more stories about Life is Strange & PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

The game is live on Steam. Pretty cool so far and looks fantastic. Great art direction.

Tried the demo out last night and was hooked before I even got to the time travel. I went ahead and got the season pass.

Let's All Go to the Trailers
[YT]tgb0eZ1frPI[/YT]
Eve is Strange

Battlefield Hardline sends us in circles, EVE takes VR into a whole new corner of the galaxy, and Life is Strange laughs in the face of traditional storytelling.
Views: 1,105 | Posted: 03/24/2015

source: GT

I'll probably pick this up in the next few months once I get through my new backlog. It looks neat.

The peeps a twitch finally put this up alot of detail shared by the dev's there to them. here it is below.

5:13

Life is Strange
No Description
Twitch a day ago

source: Twitch

Life Is Strange Episode 4 Arrives On July 28, Dontnod’s Game Reaches 1 Million Units Sold. July 23, 2015 . 9:00am

Square Enix announced Life is Strange: Episode 4 – Darkroom will be available on July 28 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Square Enix announced Life is Strange: Episode 4 – Darkroom will be available on July 28 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Life is Strange’s story delves further in the mystery of Rachel Amber’s disappearance and the strange things happening in Arcadia Bay. Max, who has the power to rewind time, will use her powers to figure out what is really happening as the End of the World party approaches.

Square Enix announced the Life is Strange series has reached one million units in sales since its debut on January 30.
[YT]69bNX7PLopM[/YT]

source: Siliconera

Anyone playing this? I'm all through episode 4 and each episode has gotten better and better. The ending of each episode is crazier than the last. Can't wait to finish it out, hopefully in September.

Just finished Episode 4. In Episode 5, someone will die. :cmad:

This is on sale now on Xbox. A friend recommended it to me and after reading these comments here I shall be getting it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"