Like Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer Is Dead Will Be Released Worldwide

Killer Is Dead Turns You Into A Killer Executioner This Summer, January 16, 2013 . 2:34am

Grasshopper Manufacture’s next title, Killer is Dead, puts you in the shoes of Mondo Zappa, a 35 year old chap from America who just joined the executioners. Zappa’s job is to kill other killers and people who have committed heinous crimes.

source:Siliconera

Killer is Dead shows off sick moves, characters in first screenshots

(4 hours ago)

Killer is Dead, the next game from Suda 51 and Grasshopper Manufacture, is alive, and this set of screenshots provided by Famitsu proves it. Yesterday we learned the juicy bits of Killer is Dead's story, which stars a mercenary named Mondo Zappa as he travels the world killing bad people.

Combat in Killer is Dead is sword-based and close-range, though Zappa has an arm that can transform into a drill, a gun and other items. As seen in the shot above, Zappa's attacks get pretty bloody, especially when he uses one of his more powerful moves, Adrenaline Burst. Check out Famitsu's screenshots right here.
Source: Famitsu

Previews

Suda51 on Killer Is Dead

Jose gets an early look at the new action game Killer Is Dead from Suda51, the creator of Killer7 and No More Heroes.

and more recently
Killer Is Dead TV Shows Off The Gigolo Glasses. April 29, 2013 . 12:18am

[YT]aFiZAZxZ5Fg[/YT]

This video from Killer is Dead TV has Mondo Zappa’s boss Vivian Squall and his assistant Mika Takekawa with new gameplay footage. Brian Roses, the cybernetic dude who shows up only in voiceovers, was an executioner like Mondo.

source: EPD.TV/ROTR & Siliconera

• The Latest Killer Is Dead Trailer Goes Walking On The Moon

Preview
    on Apr 30, 2013 at 09:00 AM
    xbox360-icon.png

Suda 51's games (Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes, etc.) have always been bizarre, and Killer is Dead is no exception. The latest trailer features x-ray glasses and a trip to the moon.
    ... More
source:GI

3 words No More Heroes . Now besides those words, if he sees there is demand for it he'll come back to Lolli.

I say and name that has a sequel and looki what happens.
Suda 51 and Grasshopper are using Unreal Engine 4 'heavily'

(10 hours ago)

No More Heroes and Killer is Dead dev Grasshopper Manufacture is "heavily relying" on Unreal Engine 4, with next-gen games in mind. Speaking to Joystiq at E3, Grasshopper CEO Goichi Suda, most commonly known as Suda 51, confirmed his studio's use of Epic's next-gen engine when asked about his thoughts on the PS4 and Xbox One.

"As a developer, we're heavily relying right now on Unreal Engine 4," Suda told us. "That works really well with both systems – or in the sense that we could go either way."

Grasshopper recently revealed it has a stylistic action game in development that isn't Killer is Dead - and it isn't No More Heroes 3 either. As Suda told Siliconera back in April, it's a new game coming to one or more consoles. He also teased to Siliconera the game was either running on Unreal Engine 3 or Unreal Engine 4, adding that if he said which one then "you would know about the platforms."

Suda told Joystiq we can expect Unreal Engine 4 in Grasshopper games "if it's a big title, or if it's suited to that title," all of which suggests a next-gen landing for said secretive game.

As for the future possibility of No More Heroes 3, Suda told us, "Travis [Touchdown] is one of the characters I'm really fond of, that means a lot to me. So if there was the opportunity to create another sequel then yeah, I'm always up to the idea."

Source:Joystiq

And it can happen with another franchise too.

Killer Is Dead Does It’s Best Impression Of Alice In Wonderland. July 1, 2013 . 8:12pm

“Alice” shows up as one of the targets Killer is Dead executioner Mondo Zappa has to dispatch. In Suda51′s game Alice is from France and suffers from ongoing back pain ever since she moved to the Moon.

"Alice" shows up as one of the targets Killer is Dead executioner Mondo Zappa has to dispatch. In Suda51′s game Alice is from France and suffers from ongoing back pain ever since she moved to the Moon. When Mondo meets Alice she transforms into a spider-like creature…

All cases in Killer is Dead begin with someone stepping into Mondo’s office with a strange problem. In the Alice’s episode a painter named Robert shows by with a sketch of a spider-like monster. Mondo investigates and enters the house which leads him into a Wonderland-esque world. Before fighting Alice, Mondo will have to slice through Wires, the fodder enemy type in Killer is Dead.

Mondo Zappa earns Moon Crystals from defeating enemies and using finishing moves which can be used to unlock new abilities. There are attack skills, sub weapon skills (for his gun arm), and special skills to learn. Attack skills give Mondo more moves like Power Stab which makes Mondo evade an attack and follow up with a quick thrust. Counter Shot makes Mondo dodge a bullet and retaliate with a head shot. Special skills increase Mondo’s speed, allow him to use blood absorbed by enemies to restore his health, and Gekkou Kai removes his limiter so Mondo can use even more powerful skills.

Killer is Dead is scheduled to come out on August 1 in Japan. Xseed will release the game in North America on August 27.

Killer is Dead Launch Copies Come With Bonus Missions And An Art Book. July 2, 2013 . 10:30am

All launch copies of Killer is Dead in North America will come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack.

Killer is Dead has a release date in North America. Xseed will release the quirky Suda51 action game on August 27th for $60 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

All launch copies of Killer is Dead will come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

Killer is Dead is jointly developed by No More Heroes creator Suda51 and Japanese publisher Kadokawa Games. While Xseed are handling the game’s North American release, Deep Silver will release Killer is Dead in Europe and Oceania.

Lol at this Gigolo mode ****. Well, if I wasn't already getting this day one, guess I am now. That is an impressive list of pre-order bonuses at no extra price. Off to Amazon we go to pre-order away.

Did I miss the hype for this game? Where is it?

Suda 51's games tend to be pretty niche.

I've always been curious to try some of Suda51's games, Killer7 is the one that appeals to me the most but my PS2 hasn't work for a long time and I'm too much of a cheap arse/lazy to get it fixed or a new one, at least I should try one from this gen but I haven't decided on what but perhaps I'll just wait and pick up this game instead.

From the videos I've seen, and stuff I've read, it sounds like this one will be his most polished action title, so it's a good bet. Killer 7, I think, is probably his masterpiece, but it's very much his, very polarizing to play. Think David Lynch on PCP (not joking).

See Killer Is Dead’s Golden Geisha And Alice Boss Battle. July 5, 2013 . 12:33am

Killer is Dead isn’t all blood and guts, the game also has gigolo missions where you try to seduce a woman. The mission shown here is with Koharu, the Golden Geisha.

[YT]S5VWQ5h4aE0[/YT]

Remember the boss fight with Alice in Killer is Dead? This episode of KID TV shows Yoshimi Yasuda from Kadokawa Games finishing Alice off (spoiler alert?) and a sub missions that takes place in an escalator.

Killer is Dead isn’t all blood and guts, the game also has gigolo missions where you try to seduce a woman. The mission shown here is with Koharu, the Golden Geisha. Mondo has to get his courage up by sneaking peeks when Koharu talks. If he puts on special glasses he can see through Koharu’s clothes which boosts his guts meter. After the guts meter is full you can give Koharu a present to raise her affection for you.

Killer is Dead is slated for release on August 1 in Japan and August 27 in North America.

and with more on this

Check Out Killer is Dead’s Gigolo Mission With Mondo Girl Natalia. July 5, 2013 . 3:20pm

As previously detailed, Killer is Dead has Gigolo Missions where Mondo can woo the game’s female cast of characters.

As previously detailed, Killer is Dead has Gigolo Missions where Mondo can woo the game’s female cast of characters. One of these ladies, called “Mondo Girls” in the game, is Natalia, and you can take a look at the Gigolo Mission with her below:
[YT]K82vCvGzMAQ[/YT]

The other Mondo Girls that will be available in Killer is Dead’s Gigolo Missions can be seen here. The game is slated for release in North America on August 27th.

As much as I like his style and daring to go crazy, sometimes Suda's humor can be kind of stupid. I mean, this gigalo missions might be a fun, tongue-in-cheek kind of thing, but they look insanely silly from everything I've read and seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"