LOKI General Discussion Thread

If Kang is the ultimate villain in all of this, it makes it more baffling that they are using him for the main villain of an Ant-Man movie.

I hope so. I'm also waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting .......for some glimpse into FF.

The show took too many episodes to get this interesting, in my humble opinion. Specially when you only have six episodes.

Yup.

There's a definite upward momentum in interest for the D+ Marvel shows, based on these numbers.

I'm really hoping "Miss Marvel" doesn't kill the momentum. I'm not confident in head writer's Bisha K. Ali's writing ability at all, and I suspect it could be a very divisive show. I like the idea of doing that series, but I have some concerns about some of the creatives.

After the phenomenal episode 4 of Loki, it's clear that episode 3's problems were in the writing.. and she was the writer.

I think you're right and there are reasons beyond just your concerns with the head writer. Ms Marvel hasn't been introduced in the movies, nor on the cast list do we see anyone from the current MCU. Unless they're really keeping Brie under wraps. This really may be the first D+ show to have the smallest amount of connective tissue to the larger MCU making it more like the Netflix shows until we see if following the show the subsequent CM 2 delivers on it's concepts.

Episode 3 wasn't the best in the show I'll give you that but it was necessary as it setup a lot of the concepts that episode 4 delivered on. The series as a whole is moving really fast, making 6 episodes seem like a small number. I wonder if they had 8-10 episodes if the 3rd would've done a little more exploration rather than just rushing through to the catastrophe and cliff hanger it ended on.

Ms. Marvel is about broadening the brand as it were.

Right now a very small minority of the audience know the character. Same could be said for Carol Danvers, GOTG or Ant-Man.

Kamala is going to be in the Capt. Marvel follow up film. Monica from WV is gonna be there as well. So...

I can see a large push from the folks at Disney to make Ms. Marvel a known quantity by the time she joins Carol and Monica.

Not to mention that the character herself... How do I put this mildly...

She's not for, frankly, the older male audience members. Point blank. Kamala is being included in a film with two other female heroic characters to appeal to a more diverse, more female skewed and yes YOUNGER demo.

How "we" the older, more male demo reacts to her is kinda inconsequential.

Now I already know what some insecure keyboard warriors out there are starting to attempt to type out there in Internet land so let's make this clear...

Nothing is being taken away from you beacause of what I laid out. There is going to be a film with three female leads with differing ethnic backgrounds... That isn't taking anything away. It isn't harmful to you or others and it isn't designed to undermine you personally or generally as a heterosexual, likely Caucasian male in America.

In the blizzard of super hero projects in particular but also generally speaking when it comes to fantasy action adventure faire in theaters or on streaming ethnically diverse and female led stuff is still gonna be the minority. Non White leads? Ditto.

Ms. Marvel is gonna definitely NEED more of a push. Folks will need to know she is gonna be alongside Carol on the big screen... And I think Disney knows how to market, so...

Ms. Marvel is about broadening the brand as it were.

Right now a very small minority of the audience know the character. Same could be said for Carol Danvers, GOTG or Ant-Man.

Kamala is going to be in the Capt. Marvel follow up film. Monica from WV is gonna be there as well. So...

I can see a large push from the folks at Disney to make Ms. Marvel a known quantity by the time she joins Carol and Monica.

Not to mention that the character herself... How do I put this mildly...

She's not for, frankly, the older male audience members. Point blank. Kamala is being included in a film with two other female heroic characters to appeal to a more diverse, more female skewed and yes YOUNGER demo.

How "we" the older, more male demo reacts to her is kinda inconsequential.

Now I already know what some insecure keyboard warriors out there are starting to attempt to type out there in Internet land so let's make this clear...

Nothing is being taken away from you beacause of what I laid out. There is going to be a film with three female leads with differing ethnic backgrounds... That isn't taking anything away. It isn't harmful to you or others and it isn't designed to undermine you personally or generally as a heterosexual, likely Caucasian male in America.

In the blizzard of super hero projects in particular but also generally speaking when it comes to fantasy action adventure faire in theaters or on streaming ethnically diverse and female led stuff is still gonna be the minority. Non White leads? Ditto.

Ms. Marvel is gonna definitely NEED more of a push. Folks will need to know she is gonna be alongside Carol on the big screen... And I think Disney knows how to market, so...
Sure, I agree with a lot of this. But everything that was said about Ms. Marvel in this thread was about concerns regarding the show's writers, nothing was stated about the concept of doing a Ms. Marvel show in general.

Been thinking on who created the TVA... just gonna run through some hypotheticals:
1. Ravonna - likelihood: 15% - She really seems like more of a pawn. But also the only one that knows a damn thing about what's going on. Is she in charge of the most powerful organization we've seen in the MCU to date? Probably not.

2. Miss Minutes - likelihood: 30% - This does kinda seem like the kind of goofy shiz they'd do to Loki in his own show. Pit him against a cartoon clock. To me this seems unlikely just because if she existed before the TVA, where the F did she come from?

3. Kang - likelihood: 25% - Seems likely that he's involved in some way. Or at least that the events of the final two episodes will send us on a path directly to Kang. The ties to Ravonna and Ant-Man are pretty telling, but this would mean next to nothing to the general audience, and would force Loki as a pre-requisite to watching Quantumania.

4. Maestro - likelihood 10% - No, its not likely. But how cool would it be? Hulk as Loki's primary nemesis? This is why the Avengers are allowed to do as they please on the timeline. And why Loki is destined to lose. Last we saw Banner he was learning *A LOT* about how the infinity stones affect the flow of time and using Quantum tech to create a time machine.

5. Mobius - likelihood 10% - Unlikely, lame, and boring. Plz don't do this Marvel.

6. Loki - likelihood 50% - I'm torn on this too, but we've yet to see the scene from the trailer with "President Loki" and him saying "What did you expect?" Marvel seems like the type to make Loki the primary antagonist in his own show. But who knows?

Someone else? Alternity? Uatu? The One Above All? A celestial?

Last edited:
IGN stated back in January that a season 2 may be in the works. Wonder if some of the TVA will stay in place. We did see another Judge behind Renslayer when she brought Sylvie in as a child. Maybe that's who's running it for now and we'll get that reveal but the agency itself will probably remain in tact. Hopefully that alone doesn't invalidate anything to come in DrS2.

It's hard be more weird than Loki falling in love with his variant.
I'll be that guy...

If you have intercourse with a Time Variant version of yourself...

Is that sex really, or just some kind of cross-dimensional *********ion?

Been thinking on who created the TVA... just gonna run through some hypotheticals:
1. Ravonna - likelihood: 15% - She really seems like more of a pawn. But also the only one that knows a damn thing about what's going on. Is she in charge of the most powerful organization we've seen in the MCU to date? Probably not.

2. Miss Minutes - likelihood: 30% - This does kinda seem like the kind of goofy shiz they'd do to Loki in his own show. Pit him against a cartoon clock. To me this seems unlikely just because if she existed before the TVA, where the F did she come from?

3. Kang - likelihood: 25% - Seems likely that he's involved in some way. Or at least that the events of the final two episodes will send us on a path directly to Kang. The ties to Ravonna and Ant-Man are pretty telling, but this would mean next to nothing to the general audience, and would force Loki as a pre-requisite to watching Quantumania.

4. Maestro - likelihood 10% - No, its not likely. But how cool would it be? Hulk as Loki's primary nemesis? This is why the Avengers are allowed to do as they please on the timeline. And why Loki is destined to lose. Last we saw Banner he was learning *A LOT* about how the infinity stones affect the flow of time and using Quantum tech to create a time machine.

5. Mobius - likelihood 10% - Unlikely, lame, and boring. Plz don't do this Marvel.

6. Loki - likelihood 50% - I'm torn on this too, but we've yet to see the scene from the trailer with "President Loki" and him saying "What did you expect?" Marvel seems like the type to make Loki the primary antagonist in his own show. But who knows?

Someone else? Alternity? Uatu? The One Above All? A celestial?
Regarding the whole "prerequisite" thing, in reference to villain speculation but also for the shows in general - Where is the idea coming from that they aren't going to introduce things in the shows that are important in the movies? We already know Sam is getting a movie as Cap. Monica and Kamala are co-starring in 'The Marvels.' Wanda's new powers and (presumably) quest to recover her kids will be central to 'Dr. Strange:MoM'.

None of that is going to get re-explained in a meaningful way to people who only watch the movies. Fiege has made it explicit over and over again that they are treating the movies and shows on the same level. So there's no reason to think the next Big Bad can't be introduced here in Loki.

Regarding the whole "prerequisite" thing, in reference to villain speculation but also for the shows in general - Where is the idea coming from that they aren't going to introduce things in the shows that are important in the movies? We already know Sam is getting a movie as Cap. Monica and Kamala are co-starring in 'The Marvels.' Wanda's new powers and (presumably) quest to recover her kids will be central to 'Dr. Strange:MoM'.

None of that is going to get re-explained in a meaningful way to people who only watch the movies. Fiege has made it explicit over and over again that they are treating the movies and shows on the same level. So there's no reason to think the next Big Bad can't be introduced here in Loki.
100% correct. Beyond that though, it's the hook. You "have" to watch the shows. They are important.

The shows will be important going forward but not a prerequisite in order to understand what's going on in the movies. Just like it wasn't a prerequisite to watch the individual movies in order to understand what was going on in the firsrt Avengers, or even Infinity War.

The shows will be important going forward but not a prerequisite in order to understand what's going on in the movies. Just like it wasn't a prerequisite to watch the individual movies in order to understand what was going on in the firsrt Avengers, or even Infinity War.

I don't know about that and that goes double for Infinity War/AEG especially.

If you didn't see WandaVison then your last memory of what's up with Ms. Maximoff was that she'd just come back to life after being dusted and was mourning the loss of Vision who was not lucky enough to be brought back along with the rest of the universe due to how and when he died.

Now... I HATED WandaVision with the fiery heat of a thousand suns but given where Wanda (and some other characters...) are by the end of the show, coming into the Doc Strange movie without that information is gonna cause a lot of head scratching because the changes in Wanda cannot simply be boiled down to "she got a new costume".

FB_IMG_1625404465596[93].jpg

Really reaching with this one... just thought it was interesting.

Marvel: Makes one of the most comic-accurate character designs based on 40+ year old comics.
Audiences: The Time-Keepers must be designed for the show to resemble Kang/Loki/whatever because they have these these similarities to those characters!

I‘d say He who remains is behind everything. And he‘s an older version of Mobius.

Could also be Ms. Minutes, but then she needs a threatening new look:
6AC39E65-5F58-4056-8345-1F2247CDFE7F.jpeg

zl4nV5G.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"