LOKI General Discussion Thread

So, do we have a title for the finale yet?
It's going to be hard to beat a title like Journey Into Mystery
I was so glad when I saw that title. :up:

Don’t think any premiere will top it for a while. Loki fanbase is huge.
I think rising Disney + subs worldwide will make it easier for future shows to top these numbers (even if they aren’t relatively more popular).

I have it in good authority that the title for the finale is

The Return of Karli Morgenthau :cwink:

I have it in good authority that the title for the finale is

The Return of Karli Morgenthau :cwink:

Darth-Vader-No-Gif.gif

Does variant Loki need to return to the Sacred Timeline the moment he left in order for the events of Endgame to happen?

In the original timeline, Loki gets captured, taken prisoner, becomes Odin, which leads to real Odin’s death. He saves the Space Stone in Ragnarok so that Thanos can get it, which leads to Infinity War and Endgame. So if he disappeared and didn’t return, Thanos doesn’t get the Space Stone and no one gets dusted?

No, because as they've established, the result is a branch in the timeline. The "original" sequence of events still happens, there's now just another multiversal section where it happens differently. Remember, the "Sacred Timeline" isn't about keeping a single timeline from changing, its about keeping a single timeline from being accompanied by other, variant, timelines.

In the end i though this series was pretty good. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
I thought it started strong, then had a bit of a misstep but quickly came back strong again and finished on a ok note. Hats off to TH and Owen Wilson who where great.

Regarding the series itself, i thought they tackled a very ambitious project that didn't always worked but they still managed to hit a lot of their targets and kept it on the right track.

I'm guessing we'll get Assembled: the making of Loki next week?

In what ways do people think this will feed into future D+ shows and movies? There's one really obvious one, but I'm curious what others think.

In what ways do people think this will feed into future D+ shows and movies? There's one really obvious one, but I'm curious what others think.

I think...

Love and Thunder gets a Loki appearance in the post credit. Loki appears to Thor and we get a variation on the truly desperate line.

Kang may well get tied into the Eternals. His Rama-Tut era could be fertile for placing events in the MCU past.

I think that since my Secret Invasion theory was turned into a D + show thing that we are headed towards some kind of gloss on Secret Wars, which will prolly combine 80's and 2000's elements. That's what we are building towards but the design won't really come together until after FF make their debut.

Just spitballing.

I also think we'll see a tie in when Doctor Strange hits the screen.

Majors performance was the real standout of the finale. I liked how crazy he was. He was kind of like the Mad Hatter at the end of this rabbit hole. He wasn't some straightforward evil guy. He's a guy who's been by himself in this room watching everything for God knows how long. You're going to be loopy.

My biggest problem with the finale was it took something that could have been done in 15 minutes and stretched out to a 45 minute bore. I felt like I was watching black box theater. There was a shot that dollied in on Majors, and when they couldn't dolly in anymore, dollied back out. I like the idea of these earth shattering revelations being delivered in a single room contrasted with the zaniness of before, but for the love of God, did it have to be 45 ****ing minutes? If this were a movie, it would be the last 15 minutes. I had a bad feeling when they finally get to the doors, they ****ing stop and have a conversation. GO. INSIDE. It added nothing to the story, other than it told us what we already knew.

This show was wholly disappointing. Episode 3 really ****ed everything over. Here you have two Loki's. And instead of real conflict and mining what you can get out of that cool dynamic, they mostly get along and bicker because I guess bickering is character development. I loved the hilarious very Loki idea of Loki falling in love with himself. But the emotional core of Loki caring for Sylvie was really hampered by that episode because of its execution. It should have been a Spy vs Spy dynamic where since these are two Loki's they should have been trying to betray and one up each other to get out. Then by the end they garner a respect for each other and then that can make you care about them in episode 4 onward.

This show was directed in a very bland, straightforward way. Shot, reverse shot. Blah, blah, blah. It really did a disservice to the art direction and in a rare Marvel occasion the good cinematography. But in terms of direction, a story so zany and wild should have had a visual flair like Terry Gilliam. The final office scene between bland leader lady and Owen Wilson felt like something out of Star Wars prequel. Two people standing in Chancellor Palpatine's office with shot reverse shot exchanging information and ideologies than anything more. Really was on the edge of my seat after building that one up!

I really liked the first two episodes. The performances were all very strong, I just wish the material was better. This could have just been a D+ movie. But I got out of this what I already got in Ragnorak and done a lot better. Loki has the same arc in that. I guess he fell in love which was nice?

Phase 4 has been off to a really disappointing start. I got Eternals, NWH and DS2 but that's about it. Maybe I'll check out Moon Knight and She-Hulk, but I'm not expecting those to be much better. So far WandaVision is still the best D+ Marvel show because of structure.

Majors performance was the real standout of the finale. I liked how crazy he was. He was kind of like the Mad Hatter at the end of this rabbit hole. He wasn't some straightforward evil guy. He's a guy who's been by himself in this room watching everything for God knows how long. You're going to be loopy.

My biggest problem with the finale was it took something that could have been done in 15 minutes and stretched out to a 45 minute bore. I felt like I was watching black box theater. There was a shot that dollied in on Majors, and when they couldn't dolly in anymore, dollied back out. I like the idea of these earth shattering revelations being delivered in a single room contrasted with the zaniness of before, but for the love of God, did it have to be 45 ****ing minutes? If this were a movie, it would be the last 15 minutes. I had a bad feeling when they finally get to the doors, they ****ing stop and have a conversation. GO. INSIDE. It added nothing to the story, other than it told us what we already knew.

This show was wholly disappointing. Episode 3 really ****ed everything over. Here you have two Loki's. And instead of real conflict and mining what you can get out of that cool dynamic, they mostly get along and bicker because I guess bickering is character development. I loved the hilarious very Loki idea of Loki falling in love with himself. But the emotional core of Loki caring for Sylvie was really hampered by that episode because of its execution. It should have been a Spy vs Spy dynamic where since these are two Loki's they should have been trying to betray and one up each other to get out. Then by the end they garner a respect for each other and then that can make you care about them in episode 4 onward.

This show was directed in a very bland, straightforward way. Shot, reverse shot. Blah, blah, blah. It really did a disservice to the art direction and in a rare Marvel occasion the good cinematography. But in terms of direction, a story so zany and wild should have had a visual flair like Terry Gilliam. The final office scene between bland leader lady and Owen Wilson felt like something out of Star Wars prequel. Two people standing in Chancellor Palpatine's office with shot reverse shot exchanging information and ideologies than anything more. Really was on the edge of my seat after building that one up!

I really liked the first two episodes. The performances were all very strong, I just wish the material was better. This could have just been a D+ movie. But I got out of this what I already got in Ragnorak and done a lot better. Loki has the same arc in that. I guess he fell in love which was nice?

Phase 4 has been off to a really disappointing start. I got Eternals, NWH and DS2 but that's about it. Maybe I'll check out Moon Knight and She-Hulk, but I'm not expecting those to be much better. So far WandaVision is still the best D+ Marvel show because of structure.

I agree with almost everything here, except Majors being the standout performance as I didn't like the way he played it. But I do agree it was a boring final episode, stretching out what should've been much shorter with too much exposition. And I still think WandaVision is the best of the D+ shows.

Well, this show was amazing all around. Just finished the finale. The cast, the story, the music, the set up for the future, the insanity of it all, it was just perfect. I can’t wait to see these characters and the new concepts introduced here in the next season and the movies. I’ve been hyped for the Multiverse of Madness since Raimi was announced but then after WandaVision and now Loki, I need it hooked into my veins immediately :mrk:.

‘Loki’ Director & EP Kate Herron Says She’s Not Returning For Season 2 – Deadline

Loki, Sylvie and Who He Remains’ variants will be coming back for season 2 of Marvel’s Loki, but EP and director, Kate Herron, who has been a force behind the project, says she unfortunately will not be.

“I’m not returning,” the UK filmmaker told Deadline this morning in an interview. “I always planned to be just on for this and to be honest, season 2 wasn’t in the — that’s something that just came out and I’m so excited. I’m really happy to watch it as a fan next season, but I just think I’m proud of what we did here and I’ve given it my all. I’m working on some other stuff yet to be announced.”

Will she be involved with another Marvel movie? “No, I’m just focused on my own stuff at the moment. I love Marvel and I’d love to work with them again, but my outing with Loki is what I’ve done with them.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"