Looking for a good DC read

How is Superman: Last Son of Krypton?

It's brilliant read that then read these two after:

slsh.jpg
1139851.jpg

I have Brainiac. Good read but damn short. Think I'm gonna pick up Last Son today. I hear For Tomorrow is amazing as well

Wait a sec. I'm not 100% but I think the Last Son trade I just bought has the Brainiac part in it as well. It looks like it at least

Wait a sec. I'm not 100% but I think the Last Son trade I just bought has the Brainiac part in it as well. It looks like it at least

Superman: For All Season is wonderful, and often goes overlooked these days. It's a nice callback to the days when Jeph Loeb was good.

I liked what Johns did with marrying all the disparate Brainiac interpretations in that arc, but the Pa Kent thing was lame.

If you can get ahold of any Gotham Central trades, read those. Still among the best things DC's ever published.

Thanks everyone. I have my hands full!

I think first Im going to get Justice, then go for possibly Sandman or one of the others mentioned here

I really REALLY wanna read Justice. Anything with Alex Ross' work honestly. His stuff is just breathtaking

If people are after stuff with Alex Ross' artwork, then I'd suggest:

JLA: Liberty and Justice
Superman: Peace on Earth
Batman: War on Crime
Shazam: Power of Hope
Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth
JLA: Secret Origins

All written by Paul Dini.

JSA Libretiy Files

Great little Elseworlds with the JSA in the 1940's and 50's. Featuring Batman, Dr. Midnite, Hourman, and the Man of Steel. Lots of twists and turns. Awesome, awesome story.

Check out the Hawkworld mini series by Tim Truman. No one really talks about it, either due to the crazy continuity issues that followed in it's wake or because it was promptly ignored when Geof Johns re-introduced Hawkman in the early 2000's. But it's one of the best comics I've ever read. Beautifully illustrated and powerfully told. And the on-going Hawkworld series that came out after it, written by John Ostrander, is pretty damn awesome too, despite the continuity issues.

The TPB is a little difficult to find, but you can still get the three individual issues for pretty cheap. And the Hawkworld on-going issues are also really cheap.

Hmmm, no one's mentioned it yet but the trade that got me interested enough in trying DC (after 13 or so years of reading ONLY Marvel) was Identity Crisis. It has all the major heroes, some good villains, and a very heartfelt/breaking story. It sucked me in big time. That led to me trying Green Lantern Rebirth and they both led to me trying the Infinite Crisis stuff, which really got me into DC.

Awesome thanks for the input Hobbit. Ill deff have to take a look at Identity Crisis sounds like something right up my alley.

Jeeze I really do have my work cut out for me for the next month or so.

Comics are an expensive and sad hobby that will either make you a cynical ass *****e or a snobbish ass *****e.....or both.....I felt it necessary to warn you before you get in too deep to get back out. :o

Comics are an expensive and sad hobby that will either make you a cynical ass *****e or a snobbish ass *****e.....or both.....I felt it necessary to warn you before you get in too deep to get back out. :o

Hey! You're mean. :(

You bully people like Diana bullies Batman.

He had it coming. :mad: He hit the party with a gas can. :o

Last edited:
Duly noted Anubis. Ill try and just poke my head down the rabbit hole, and not nosedive into it

I think today after work I am driving over to my local comic shop to see if they have Justice and Sandman Nocturnes and Preludes!

Just wound up purchasing off Amazon

Sandman - Preludes and Nocturnes - New Addition
Justice
Green Latern - Rebirth

All for 40 bucks!

Gotta thank you guys though for the suggestions.

Hypsters 1 NickNitro 0

Just got

Green Lantern Rebirth
Sandman Preludes and Nocturnes
Justice

In the mail from Amazon today. Pretty excited to get into them.

I love Green Lantern Rebirth. But other than Secret Origins I have yet to pick up the other Green Lantern trades by Geoff Johns.

I loved Sandman: Prelude and Nocturnes. I really love Death at the end and the way he writes how Death acts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"