• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Who do you think the love interest of Captain American should/will be?

Sharon Carter as in the 616 universe

Janet van Dyne (Wasp) like in some of the Ultimate Universe

or who?

Well, no.

Steve and Sharon were broken up for years when Ed Brubaker started writing the book. She hadn't even been part of the book's supporting cast for some time.

Brubaker reintroduced Sharon as Steve's SHIELD liaison, but they were ex's. This story arc featured the debut of the Winter Soldier, who blows up Oklahoma, killing a SHIELD Agent that Sharon had recently dated and broken up with.

Beat me to it.

Cap and Sharon constantly went on again off again in the 90's and 00's.

During Civil War it looked like they were friends with benefits. And it seems they've been together since Cap came back from the dead.

Here is what I do want to know. Does Cap know Sharon lost their unborn child cause she got stabbed by Sin?

Cap and Sharon constantly went on again off again in the 90's and 00's.

During Civil War it looked like they were friends with benefits. And it seems they've been together since Cap came back from the dead.

Here is what I do want to know. Does Cap know Sharon lost their unborn child cause she got stabbed by Sin?
I'm not sure she ever told him. I've caught most of the CA comics since that point and it's never come up between them.

That's kind of a pretty big deal and I'm upset that comic writers constantly ignore things like that.

Tony Stark eventually admitted to happy that Pepper miscarried her pregnancy because she was attacked by a baddie. Pepper was with Happy at the time, but I think there was an implication the child could've been Tony's as well.

Beat me to it.

That's good to hear. So many things in the Marvel Comics universe have been retconned to death that I've come to just expect it. Once they inserted Sentry into every major character's life retroactively, anything became possible.

I always couldn't tell if that Sentry thing was clever or just plain stupid.

To me it was not only stupid but disrespectful of the actual histories and relationships of Marvel's most important characters.

I did like the character up until Dark Avengers though.

Sentry is not only stupid, but is yet another example of Marvel's sporadic and inexplicable obsession with DC Envy from time to time. They need to stick to Marvel characters, and quit trying to replicate/duplicate DC.

I don't know, the Sentry began as just a fairly well written, if dark, mini. And even when he was brought into the mainstream comics, he was never really just "Superman, but betterz!" He had his own themes centered around being an insane god.

Not sure who, if anyone will be the new love interest for Cap but I think its a safe bet that Cap will go seek out Peggy and have that dance. If for no other reason, then to see at least one person that he actually new before the crash.

Makes me sad Sharon doesn't even get her own appreciation thread :csad:

Has it been confirmed Emily is playing Sharon, yet?

It's weird. Grillo was cast, and announced that he was playing Crossbones right away.

Emily is cast, and there's no peep from her.

Has it been confirmed Emily is playing Sharon, yet?

It's weird. Grillo was cast, and announced that he was playing Crossbones right away.

Emily is cast, and there's no peep from her.

Vancamp hasn't been confirm-confirmed yet, nor has Sharon been confirm-confirmed to be "Love Interest" yet. We probably won't hear anything until next month, when shooting starts. Plus, Marvel has a tendency to add cast on the fly, well after shooting is underway.

Maybe she'll be an undercover agent, we'll discover who she is just in the middle of the movie.

Hey, she could be Ms.Marvel!

Don't get your hopes up. Although nothing has been solidly confirmed by the studio, I'd be willing to bet money that Emily is playing Sharon. Sharon is pretty much the only character that makes sense.

I think that maybe the reason Marvel hasn't confirmed anything yet is that, at least for the first part of the film, her character will be known only as Agent 13(with the reveal of her being Sharon and related to Peggy coming as a surprise for Cap later on in the film). Now, anyone familiar with the comics will know who Agent 13 really is, but Cap won't, and neither will many of the fans who are only familiar with the movies. My theory is that the film will begin with Agent 13 being captured by The Winter Soldier during a mission and then move to Cap and his team being sent in to rescue her. If that is the case, I could definitely see SHIELD wanting to keep her real identity a secret from Cap.

You have to remember though, movie studios don't really consider making sure we know every little detail about who certain actors are playing to be a huge priority. They have their own timeline when it comes to releasing info to the public and unfortunately, such timelines rarely make much sense to us. I suspect that in an effort to get the jump on any fan photos from the set, Marvel will let us know much more shortly before filming starts. Just be glad they tell us anything at all. I still remember what it was like before the internet took off... inside info about movies was basically non-existent back then.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/03/02/emily-vancamp-covers-fashion-magazine-april-2013/
emily-vancamp-covers-fashion-magazine-april-2013.jpg

I don't think they would've picked someone so perfectly suited to play Hayley Atwell's relative if they weren't using her to play Sharon.

I'm having memories of Emma Stone in TAS and how she didn't tun out to be MJ.

I thought someone would bring that up. Personally, Emma Stone was never MJ material to me. She's honestly perfect for Gwen though.

I'm having memories of Emma Stone in TAS and how she didn't tun out to be MJ.

Granted; but the difference being Gwen Stacy makes sense, and was an important part of Parker's mythos. There's no real significant "love interest" for Cap beyond the Carter girls; most of his other flings have been with bad girls and with Bernie, who Vancamp most definitely does not remotely resemble.

fashion-magazine-april-2013-emily-vancamp-02.jpg

Yeah, definitely Sharon. Also, this photo is just more proof that she can physically pull off playing someone related to Hayley Atwell's Peggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"