Man Shows Up Alive At Own Funeral

Dark Helmet

Sidekick
Reaction score
A Brazilian bricklayer reportedly killed in a car crash shocked his mourning family by showing up alive at his funeral. Relatives of Ademir Jorge Goncalves, 59, had identified him as the victim of a Sunday night car crash in Parana state in southern Brazil, police said.
As is customary in Brazil, the funeral was held the following day, which happened to be the holiday of Finados, when Brazilians visit cemeteries to honor the dead.

What family members didn't know was that Goncalves had spent the night at a truck stop talking with friends over drinks of a sugarcane liquor known as cachaca, his niece Rosa Sampaio told the O Globo newspaper. He did not get word about his own funeral until it was already happening Monday morning. A police spokesman in the town of Santo Antonio da Platina said Goncalves rushed to the funeral to let family members know he was not dead.

"The corpse was badly disfigured, but dressed in similar clothing," said the police spokesman, who talked on condition of anonymity as he wasn't authorized to discuss the case. "People are afraid to look for very long when they identify bodies, and I think that is what happened in this case." Sampaio told O Globo that some family members were not sure the body was Goncalves.

"My two uncles and I had doubts about the identification," she told O Globo. "But an aunt and four of his friends identified the body, so what were we to do? We went ahead with the funeral." The police spokesman confirmed there were doubts: "His mom looked at the body in the casket and thought something was strange. She looked and looked and couldn't believe it was her son," Sampaio said. "Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief." The body was correctly identified later Monday, the police spokesman said, and has already been buried in another state. He declined to release the actual victim's name.

http://news.aol.com/article/ademir-jorge-goncalves-shows-up-alive-at/753053?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fademir-jorge-goncalves-shows-up-alive-at%2F753053

Does it say anything about the car?

Mark Twain said it best.....The reports of my death have been greatly exagerated.

He kept his sanity by dribbling a basketball with his free hand.

Did he see how many times he could dribble it and then try and beat his record each time?

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

"Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief."

Glad it didn't happen here. Someone would've screamed "Zombie" and shot him with both barrels.

"Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief."

Glad it didn't happen here. Someone would've screamed "Zombie" and shot him with both barrels.

are you in the middle of redneck country or something?

are you in the middle of redneck country or something?

We'll I am, but I was referring to a group of geeks who endlessly fantasize about the Zombie apocalypse. C'mon you see the guy that is supposed to be dead shuffling up and you don't immediately think "zombie"?

We'll I am, but I was referring to a group of geeks who endlessly fantasize about the Zombie apocalypse. C'mon you see the guy that is supposed to be dead shuffling up and you don't immediately think "zombie"?

it's a common fantasy. me and my friends also fantasize about the zombie apocalypse.

but the guy didn't "shuffle" in, he walked in. it'd be easy to tell that the guy was alive, if you shoot and kill him you're ****ed, you end up in jail. You'd be like that other crazy bastard that attacked that dude because he thought he was a zombie.

it's a common fantasy. me and my friends also fantasize about the zombie apocalypse.

but the guy didn't "shuffle" in, he walked in. it'd be easy to tell that the guy was alive, if you shoot and kill him you're ****ed, you end up in jail. You'd be like that other crazy bastard that attacked that dude because he thought he was a zombie.

But if someone did shoot him, they could just keep on going with the funeral...

A good story, awkward situation.....
clear.gif

I'm guessing they still don't know the real identity of the guy who died.

What if it was a doppelganger trying to switch places with the original:wow: Or maybe he did an the clone is claiming to be him right now:shock

Unless the world had entered into a riotous and lawless state where the only rule was the blast of a shotgun or a baseball bat busting a Zombie skull.

In that case you'd still be ****ed, just not in jail. :word:

See, he should have shuffled up and croaked "Brains... Braaaaaains!"

Because they aren't traumatized enough already. Yeah.

A Brazilian bricklayer reportedly killed in a car crash shocked his mourning family by showing up alive at his funeral. Relatives of Ademir Jorge Goncalves, 59, had identified him as the victim of a Sunday night car crash in Parana state in southern Brazil, police said.
As is customary in Brazil, the funeral was held the following day, which happened to be the holiday of Finados, when Brazilians visit cemeteries to honor the dead.

What family members didn't know was that Goncalves had spent the night at a truck stop talking with friends over drinks of a sugarcane liquor known as cachaca, his niece Rosa Sampaio told the O Globo newspaper. He did not get word about his own funeral until it was already happening Monday morning. A police spokesman in the town of Santo Antonio da Platina said Goncalves rushed to the funeral to let family members know he was not dead.

"The corpse was badly disfigured, but dressed in similar clothing," said the police spokesman, who talked on condition of anonymity as he wasn't authorized to discuss the case. "People are afraid to look for very long when they identify bodies, and I think that is what happened in this case." Sampaio told O Globo that some family members were not sure the body was Goncalves.

"My two uncles and I had doubts about the identification," she told O Globo. "But an aunt and four of his friends identified the body, so what were we to do? We went ahead with the funeral." The police spokesman confirmed there were doubts: "His mom looked at the body in the casket and thought something was strange. She looked and looked and couldn't believe it was her son," Sampaio said. "Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief." The body was correctly identified later Monday, the police spokesman said, and has already been buried in another state. He declined to release the actual victim's name.

http://news.aol.com/article/ademir-jorge-goncalves-shows-up-alive-at/753053?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fademir-jorge-goncalves-shows-up-alive-at%2F753053

I would have showed up in a zombie costume and started moaning and screaming.

I would've just shown up and went up to someone at the back of the room and asked "So, how did you know the deceased?"

His wife was always telling him he'd be late for his own funeral! :awesome:

I would've stayed back and listened to what everyone had to say about me before revealing myself. :)

Haha. There's so many funny situations that could come from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"