• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Marry Jane vs The Black-Cat The Good The Bad & The Poll

Peters kids would be way better with Black Cat. Plus, the great sex. But yeah, Black Cat worries for Peter, but loves Spiderman. They wouldn't work as a married couple.

Syn (Merc), that makes no sense at all.

How can Peter's kids be better with Black Cat when he has no kids to be better in the first place? And yeah, gee, kids with two superhero parents totally wouldn't be screwed up beyond belief.

"Mommy and daddy love fighting crime more than they love me! That's why I went on a shooting rampage at school!"

Cyclops said:
Syn (Merc), that makes no sense at all.

How can Peter's kids be better with Black Cat when he has no kids to be better in the first place? And yeah, gee, kids with two superhero parents totally wouldn't be screwed up beyond belief.

"Mommy and daddy love fighting crime more than they love me! That's why I went on a shooting rampage at school!"

Well, Franklin doesn't seem to have it that bad...:o

Yeah, because the Fantastic Four aren't quite crimefighters in the most literal sense of the word.

Tell that to the storyline we'd all love to forget.

Cyclops said:
Tell that to the storyline we'd all love to forget.

Well that's what's sad. The notion only exists to justify the unjustisfiable.

Also, keep in mind the original idea was that they were Pete's kids and that someone (most likely it still would've been Norman) manipulated their growth when they were orphaned to kill their unknowing father. But the story still stunk to high Heaven but Joey Q instead of axing the whole thing is like to JMS "No, that is dumb, it would never work....UNLESS she banged Norman Osborn instead and they are his kids and MJ really knew all these years!"

Ugh!

And back to my previous post I still don't get the logic that "she is too hot for Peter to marry." While partially true, all WOMEN in comic books that are love interests are drawn unrealistically good-looking. If they killed MJ he would have another fling or relationship temporarily with the Black Cat who wis also very beautiful (well in the '90s it turned to really ****ty, but still a great body), and Gwen was gorgeous too. He'd be said for 6 months in the comics then move on and start dating someone that is too good-looking again because comic artists have to satisfy the lonely lustful fanboys.

Honestly, that is a terrible reason to kill off one of the few characters in Spidey's world being written relatively well anymore and is a major part of his life and the comics now.

DACrowe said:
Also, keep in mind the original idea was that they were Pete's kids and that someone (most likely it still would've been Norman) manipulated their growth when they were orphaned to kill their unknowing father. But the story still stunk to high Heaven but Joey Q instead of axing the whole thing is like to JMS "No, that is dumb, it would never work....UNLESS she banged Norman Osborn instead and they are his kids and MJ really knew all these years!"

Ugh!

Exactly. From one kind of bad idea to a terrible one.

And back to my previous post I still don't get the logic that "she is too hot for Peter to marry." While partially true, all WOMEN in comic books that are love interests are drawn unrealistically good-looking. If they killed MJ he would have another fling or relationship temporarily with the Black Cat who wis also very beautiful (well in the '90s it turned to really ****ty, but still a great body), and Gwen was gorgeous too. He'd be said for 6 months in the comics then move on and start dating someone that is too good-looking again because comic artists have to satisfy the lonely lustful fanboys.

Honestly, that is a terrible reason to kill off one of the few characters in Spidey's world being written relatively well anymore and is a major part of his life and the comics now.

It isn't that MJ is too gorgeous. As you said, every girlfriend Peter has ever had (or for that matter every hero has had) is beautiful (Maybe some more than others, but...). Fanboy interest wouldn't be there if Peter were dating a girl that isn't very good looking. Just as if Peter were drawn overly skinny or flabby.

It's the tagged on glamorous super model thing that's the real problem. Like I've said, I think MJ should be an actress the way Peter is a photographer. Not overly famous, not rich, just someone people might know of like Lili Taylor or Chloe Sevigny.

I'm starting to think more and more that the whole Civil War thing is leading to another reboot where Pete (And the entire MU) are going to be set backwards by a few years so that the whole MJ as super model thing/marriage didn't happen. They might keep them together at least that way.

She hasn't professionally modeled in a long time, though. She's an off-broadway actress now, and really... that's not too famous.

Doc Destruction said:
Nope, anyone dumb enough to vote for her gets punched.

Ok.

So, Blackredens have you gotten punched in the face yet or what?

Cyclops said:
She hasn't professionally modeled in a long time, though. She's an off-broadway actress now, and really... that's not too famous.

Yeah, but the bad taste remains. And she stil isn't the fun quirky MJ.

Syn (Mercenary) said:
Peters kids would be way better with Black Cat. Plus, the great sex. But yeah, Black Cat worries for Peter, but loves Spiderman. They wouldn't work as a married couple.
Isn't Mayday Parker his daughter?

Well I think MJ should not be as flaky as she was in the Lee days, but she should sitll be fun and wild. Which is how she was written under DeFalco and even Michillinie leading to the marriage and the very early marriage, then she turned *****y.

Personally I like how when they brought her back (only DeMathis I feel knew how to write MJ decently in the '90s and whoever wrote Spider-Man Unlimited did a pretty good job) from seperation and away from Howard Hackie....er Mackie, did she get a real personality again. However, she is not fun loving enough. I actually like her feeling strained in marriage to Spider-Man and them having fights and her being stressed again (Peter David writes that pretty decently without turning her whiney)....

but she should have her fun loving side. The last time I saw her being crazy was when they visited the Conners in that great Lizard/drug story in the '90s. I think she should have her own problems more and talk about her life and it should not solely revolve around what is happening to Peter....you know, like A REAL MARRIAGE..

But that may be too much to ask from current writers though.

Black Cat is a big ****e who sucks any schlong she can get her mouth on. She's also a lesbian in MC2. She's a complete and utter RIP-OFF of Catwoman, she's garbage, she's lame and she should be the one who dies.

Painfully and messy, I might add.

MJ belongs with Peter. She also belongs with a good writing team, too. :o

Those are the reasons WHY I like The Black Cat, especially the ****e part. Nothing like a chick in a cat outfit that'll go down on you in the blink of an eye, plus she's smokin' too.

That gets my spidey sense tingling.

SpideyInATree said:
Those are the reasons WHY I like The Black Cat, especially the ****e part. Nothing like a chick in a cat outfit that'll go down on you in the blink of an eye, plus she's smokin' too.

That gets my spidey sense tingling.

NOT the Spider-Man I grew up with NOR the Spider-Man stories I want my kids growing up with. Fanboys that lust after fictional comic characters are pathetic. I read Spidey, etc. for the action and humanism, not for the jiggly boobs and woman acting like ****s. Spidey ain't about sexing it up left and right, he;s about a decent human being who's always trying to do the right thing regardless of how much crap the world flings at him.

Black Cat needs to get dropped down a smokestack.

Well, I said that I liked Black Cat. Not that I wanted to see Peter Parker get it on with her.

If a girl dressed up like Black Cat for me I'd probably ask her to marry me right on the spot.

I guess you could classify me under one of those pathetic fanboys that you were raving about there. Pathetic or not, one day I will get a girl to do that. Just you wait and see. :spidey:

DACrowe said:
Well I think MJ should not be as flaky as she was in the Lee days, but she should sitll be fun and wild. Which is how she was written under DeFalco and even Michillinie leading to the marriage and the very early marriage, then she turned *****y.

Personally I like how when they brought her back (only DeMathis I feel knew how to write MJ decently in the '90s and whoever wrote Spider-Man Unlimited did a pretty good job) from seperation and away from Howard Hackie....er Mackie, did she get a real personality again. However, she is not fun loving enough. I actually like her feeling strained in marriage to Spider-Man and them having fights and her being stressed again (Peter David writes that pretty decently without turning her whiney)....

but she should have her fun loving side. The last time I saw her being crazy was when they visited the Conners in that great Lizard/drug story in the '90s. I think she should have her own problems more and talk about her life and it should not solely revolve around what is happening to Peter....you know, like A REAL MARRIAGE..

But that may be too much to ask from current writers though.

She needs to be as flakey as Stan made her. Again, he knew what he was doing. Under other writers, all she is, is like a character in every damn sitcom from the past 25 years. She has no originality to her whatsoever. Again, to be vital in Spider-Man's world, she needs to bring something unique to the table. To be in love with Peter Parker, knowing that he's Spider-Man, she has to be at least a little crazy. And having that type of craziness, with a sense of humor at the most dire of times is exactly what Peter needs. Not someone else to give him yet another "pep" speech. That's May's job. Not to give him another "I love you because..." speech. Those just suck. She needs to be strong for him, but in her own way. then at least she'd be interesting enough so that every writer wouldn't want her dead. I mean, to a point I feel for them. It must be very tiring to have to write scenes with her such as she's been developed over the last twenty years.

SpideyInATree said:
Well, I said that I liked Black Cat. Not that I wanted to see Peter Parker get it on with her.

If a girl dressed up like Black Cat for me I'd probably ask her to marry me right on the spot.

I guess you could classify me under one of those pathetic fanboys that you were raving about there. Pathetic or not, one day I will get a girl to do that. Just you wait and see. :spidey:

No, I don't, I don't even know you. Anyhow, i've had a girl do that for me. It ain't all that.

Anyhow, to re-iterate... Black Cat is just a Catwoman retread. And a poor one at that. She should have Venom bite off a peice of her and then fall down a drain (her, not Venom, :p )

Dragon said:
She needs to be as flakey as Stan made her. Again, he knew what he was doing. Under other writers, all she is, is like a character in every damn sitcom from the past 25 years. She has no originality to her whatsoever. Again, to be vital in Spider-Man's world, she needs to bring something unique to the table. To be in love with Peter Parker, knowing that he's Spider-Man, she has to be at least a little crazy. And having that type of craziness, with a sense of humor at the most dire of times is exactly what Peter needs. Not someone else to give him yet another "pep" speech. That's May's job. Not to give him another "I love you because..." speech. Those just suck. She needs to be strong for him, but in her own way. then at least she'd be interesting enough so that every writer wouldn't want her dead. I mean, to a point I feel for them. It must be very tiring to have to write scenes with her such as she's been developed over the last twenty years.

Not that she CAN'T have those "I love you" moments with Peter, but yes, she needs to have that happy-go-lucky spunk, her ditzy one-liners that somehow made her more perceptive than she let on, the one who would always tell Peter to relax and chill out while he was too stress out. The relationship works if they have opposite personalities to bounce off of each other, except often times, the writers make the mistake of trying to write her like either being too much like Peter, a Gwen Stacy replacement, or the "nag." Heck, it's even worse in Ultimate Spider-Man--although technically this doesn't really count--where Bendis made the big mistake of trying to pass her off as a "fellow science nerd" (he only really got her right in issue #13). In other words, think Resse Whiterspoon character from Legally Blonde, only as a redhead.

USMC said:
Anyhow, to re-iterate... Black Cat is just a Catwoman retread. And a poor one at that. She should have Venom bite off a peice of her and then fall down a drain (her, not Venom, :p )

I wouldn't necessarily go THAT far, but as for her being a Catwoman retread, I'm glad somebody else sees Black Cat for what she really is.

She should yanked into the upper atmosphere by the Sentry and then ripped in half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"