Runaways Marvel’s Runaways General Discussion

Slick

Former apprentice of Kung Fu Joe
Reaction score
Discuss.

Last edited:
Just being friendly but ok.

I've definitely heard good rumors about this. I love the looks of the characters and the tone they seem to be setting.

How much is Hulu these days?

I've definitely heard good rumors about this. I love the looks of the characters and the tone they seem to be setting.

Apparently there's a special where its $5.99/month or something.

Yeah I never read the comic but this does look pretty good. I watched the OC back in the day and liked it so hoping for the best.

First time poster on here but super excited for this. If you’re a student, you can get Hulu and Spotify for $4.99.

Could we move the thread in the Marvel Films subforum in here?

So happy this finally has a Forum. I really hope that this is good...

First time poster on here but super excited for this. If you’re a student, you can get Hulu and Spotify for $4.99.

How do they verify you're a student?

Does anyone want to start character threads? I might give a try this weekend, but I feel I won't end up being overly creative in the titles. The only thing I'd suggest is make Arsenic and Old Lace one thread to discuss either the character or the dinosaur.

I'm. . . I'm not sure what to think. Am I still located on the same Earth, or did I pass through a rift in space/time? I mean, its a known fact on my planet that Runaways Does Not Have A Forum.

:p

How do they verify you're a student?

Does anyone want to start character threads? I might give a try this weekend, but I feel I won't end up being overly creative in the titles. The only thing I'd suggest is make Arsenic and Old Lace one thread to discuss either the character or the dinosaur.

I had to select my university when I signed up. But I’m not sure how that verifies anything since I didn’t use my student email to sign up. You could probably sign up without being a student.

Watched the trailer and I am pretty impressed with what I have seen so far. Looking forward to the show and hope it's as good as it looks.

Surfer

I'm curious and excited to see how they handle Molly.

She can't be a mutant. (I'm guessing Inhuman, but maybe Gerts parents experimented on her? )
She's apparently a foster sister with Gert's family.
She's already out grown the 12 year old she supposed to be in the books. (Story lines and dialogue will have to change to adapt to the actress)

I'm excited to see how they change things. Changes to the source material didn't hurt Game of Thrones imo.

Marvel really needs a bounce back after Inhumans. Glad to see they may have gotten it.

After the first two episodes of Inhumans, I've decided to wait and just get a large pizza and binge it and stuff myself full and hate myself for a full day, with a possible good cry after.

It'll be nice to have a different marvel show to bring me out of that funk that inhumans for sure will get me into!

runaways.jpg

After the first two episodes of Inhumans, I've decided to wait and just get a large pizza and binge it and stuff myself full and hate myself for a full day, with a possible good cry after.

It'll be nice to have a different marvel show to bring me out of that funk that inhumans for sure will get me into!

With the right pizza and a couple (maybe quartet) beers, Inhumans can be almost good, it has its moments.

I went ahead and created cast threads for all the major characters because this place was looking a little sparse. I apologize for not being overly creative with my thread titles.

Overall, critics seem be responding good to it after viewing first 4 episodes anticipating what's to come.

Only 2 negative reviews I could find at moment are 1 from Collider and another from CNN Entertainment.

Main takeaway from negatives is:
-Collider Quote (http://collider.com/runaways-review-hulu-marvel/):
conspiracy boilerplate over narrative momentum at every turn
An anticipation of same formula playing out over and over with small forward development at end of each season is something the reviewer seems to be postulating as mentions only first 4 episodes released so far.

-Also some criticization over characters being thinly drawn out resulting in melodrama feeling less than poignant.

Overall, I'm optimistic about the show. The OC was kind of overly drawn out and certainly with the power sets some action and forward momentum plot wise is probably even more necessary here. If episodes keep building off one another and plot developments keep happening it seems even some negative reviewers may come around. I'll see what I think after watching the episodes next week.:yay:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"