Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't WAIT for that Avengers set.

Yeah me either. Can't tell if it's a Toys R Us exclusive or a Target exclusive. Seems like those box sets are normally one of those two stores.

I'm thinking that's the part of the late Spring/Early Summer release. I haven't seen that set on any of the next two waves coming out.

The Sentinel will definitely be a must buy. It's not as great as it's Legends counterpart, but it's still nice.

Eh, I've never been a fan of toys that talk. But that's cool they added that. They did the same for Galactus. I just hope they don't do it for the Frost Giants.

Eh, I've never been a fan of toys that talk. But that's cool they added that. They did the same for Galactus. I just hope they don't do it for the Frost Giants.
Those are retooled Icons figures, the Goliaths are Cyclops, giant Skrull=Magneto, and the Frost Giant=Thor. And they're going to retail for less than $40. Which is the magic number when electronics must be added.

Really only 40? I thought they would be at least 50. Or do you mean the ones that come with a smaller Universe figure. I know those are 40, but Galactus is 49.99, and I had a feeling that Sentinel would be the same.

they're probably not. the frost giants are going into packs like the giant skrull and giant man. both goliath and the frost giants i believe fall under that scale

Really only 40? I thought they would be at least 50. Or do you mean the ones that come with a smaller Universe figure. I know those are 40, but Galactus is 49.99, and I had a feeling that Sentinel would be the same.

sentinel probably will be, but goliath and frost giant are smaller.

they're probably not. the frost giants are going into packs like the giant skrull and giant man. both goliath and the frost giants i believe fall under that scale

Good, I just don't see a point in having a Frost Giant talk. Glad I'm not alone on that.
I wonder what other figure will come with the Frost Giant. Either a Thor or Loki maybe?

sentinel probably will be, but goliath and frost giant are smaller.

I've noticed when the larger figures are put in packs they are cheaper. But that Sentinel box looks to be the size of Galactus' box, that's what made me think he would be 50.

I still may pick him up, regardless of the color, I just can't say no to these figures. No matter how ugly some of them can be. :csad:

.... talking doesn't make it superior.

sorry.. you can't beat the one we got... and wtf? a silver and blue sentinel? why would anyone want that
I happen to like unobtrusive action features like voice and lights. And that ML BAF is, like most of wht toybiz craped out, ugly. The MU looks much better. As for the colour choices, I always think of them being pink and purple. But this is closer to the old school colours of grey and blue.

No I mean't $40 is the line, under it (like gigantic battles) no electronics, over it (like the Sentinel and Galactius) electronics. I believe that like Galactus it will cost 50-60.

haha... the toybiz figs "crapped out and ugly" haha... you don't hear many opinions from many collectors do you. I'm just glad the new ML 2 packs are finally on par with most of toybiz's figs.. Toybiz had one of the biggest and best sculpting company do there figs "the four horsemen" most fig collectors will tell you they're the best in the biz.

a sentinel isn't a sentinel without having purple... and if they were trying to go old school... they failed miserably... in size, shape, and color.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/7424-2133-8170-1-x-men_super.jpg

and you're officially off your rocker if you think the ML BAF Sentinel is a bad sculpt... and really have no credibility as a fig collector. I think everyone on here will agree with that. You like what you like, that's fine. But don't talk crap just to talk crap, it's unbecoming.

http://legendscrazy.net/toybiz/figpics/077_sentinel_baf.jpg

Last edited:
haha... the toybiz figs "crapped out and ugly" haha... you don't hear many opinions from many collectors do you. I'm just glad the new ML 2 packs are finally on par with most of toybiz's figs.. Toybiz had one of the biggest and best sculpting company do there figs "the four horsemen" most fig collectors will tell you they're the best in the biz.
And like any contractor they do what they're told. Toybiz wanted the ML to look like they did. 4 Horsemen did the work they were ordered too. Look at what they do on their own or for Mattel. That looks good, ML don't.

a sentinel isn't a sentinel without having purple... and if they were trying to go old school... they failed miserably... in size, shape, and color.
You gotta love 60's colouring. I can't tell if that's supposed to be blue or purple. :huh: No what I'm talking about is an 80's design (Mark V I think) I found that's legit grey and blue (with mauve highlights on the grey) not some confused blue/indigo mess. Hasbro is using the 80's design, so why not an 80's colour scheme for one variant.

and you're officially off your rocker if you think the ML BAF Sentinel is a bad sculpt... and really have no credibility as a fig collector. I think everyone on here will agree with that. You like what you like, that's fine. But don't talk crap just to talk crap, it's unbecoming.

I hate, hate, hate, hyper detail on a toy, it's not pleasing at all. And I'm a minimalist for all things superhero. I DO NOT WANT much detail in comic based superhero designs.

Yeah I wasn't going to touch that one. I figured you would find you way in here and put in your 2 cents. :oldrazz:

Simply put. Legends are great and Universe are great for what they are. I won't diss either of them, and I enjoy collecting them both. I enjoy the Universe line for the more obsecure characters and different variants per person. I love the Legend line for it's great sculpts, articulation, size, and also variety. And also for the fact we get pretty sexy BAF's. It's okay to like both.

I don't mind a different look for the sentinel, but again, it's not as sexy as the Legend version.

And Lars, Galactus has always been 50 dollars. Only during Christmas did he drop a tad.

I wouldn't know as I've never seen the goddamn thing in person in a store. :cmad:

Really? I don't know where you are from, but if you happen to venture to a Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, that's where I have seen him.

You could order him offline. But I think the few times I've seen it there, it's been a bit more expensive. Hey, at least you get a Silver Surfer out of it.

Canadian stores aren't carrying him. TRU has practically dropped the MU line. And Wal-Mart's only carrying the single figures.

They are probably just getting ready for the Thor figures. So then they will have an Iron Man, Thor and Spidey section. My guess, they will put out more MU figures once the new waves start hitting in March. I would have to say that TRU is pretty good about getting them first and getting a big shipment so they are always stocked.

Wal-Mart, eh, some stores don't have sell the SW 2 packs, some do. Most Wal-Marts around me still have the same Hobgoblin from the first series. Target is really good about new stock as well, and they have the 2 packs that are just exclusive to them.

And like any contractor they do what they're told. Toybiz wanted the ML to look like they did. 4 Horsemen did the work they were ordered too. Look at what they do on their own or for Mattel. That looks good, ML don't.

You gotta love 60's colouring. I can't tell if that's supposed to be blue or purple. :huh: No what I'm talking about is an 80's design (Mark V I think) I found that's legit grey and blue (with mauve highlights on the grey) not some confused blue/indigo mess. Hasbro is using the 80's design, so why not an 80's colour scheme for one variant.

I hate, hate, hate, hyper detail on a toy, it's not pleasing at all. And I'm a minimalist for all things superhero. I DO NOT WANT much detail in comic based superhero designs.

Then buy stock in happy meals... you just sound like you're making excuses (though i must say the detail on MU figs are getting alot better...) that mean you're going to start hating them too?

Then buy stock in happy meals... you just sound like you're making excuses (though i must say the detail on MU figs are getting alot better...) that mean you're going to start hating them too?

They most certainly are. If you go back and look at some of the first ones, they are pretty simple designs with not much detail at all. But look at the waves that are about to come out, or even the last two and you can notice a great difference.

The only figure from that line that I absolutely can't stand is the Hulk. If you happen to see a pic of it you know why. The face on him is just terrible. But they did make up for it with Red Hulk and World War Hulk.

They most certainly are. If you go back and look at some of the first ones, they are pretty simple designs with not much detail at all. But look at the waves that are about to come out, or even the last two and you can notice a great difference.

The only figure from that line that I absolutely can't stand is the Hulk. If you happen to see a pic of it you know why. The face on him is just terrible. But they did make up for it with Red Hulk and World War Hulk.

oh don't get me wrong.. some of there faces still look like microwaved gi-joe. but other then those few, they've improved alot

LOL Yeah, some do. I really think the designer/sculptors learned from the first few waves and definitely took to heart all the fan feed back.

My thing is I wish they would've made Nick Fury available in stores and not just online. Same for X-Force Archangel. People sell those on ebay for ungodly amounts of money, more than they are worth sometimes. An example, I saw a Vision and his clear variant on there for 80 dollars. That's ridiculous!

There have been rumors of numerous 4 packs of teams that might come our way. But who knows, maybe they will wait to see how well this Avengers box set sells first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"