Marvel Television Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

looks cute - will watch

Phase 4 Recap.
Very mixed feelings about the big announcements 3 years ago, that the series will continue the storytelling of the movies.
The series don’t feel much connected to me.
They have a tv scope like AoS only with (mostly) better VFX.

WandaVision: was the first series and first MCU project after 1,5 years and therefore I was entertained more, like with other series. If they had chosen the way of including Doctor Strange, it would’ve felt more connected. But right now it’s just a sidenote in MoM. Though it deserves its praise for the sitcom setting.

Falcon & Wintersoldier
Huge dissapointment. I liked the episodes in Madripoor and Vilnius. But the villains are a huge dissapointment. This is not just because of changing the plot because of the pandemic.

Loki
nothing to complain about here. This was almost perfect and felt like a movie. Only the VFX looked too artificial and clean a few moment…but so did the VFX for Thor L&T and MoM.

Hawkeye
my second favourite series. The Christmas setting might lift the rank for me. But all in all great fun entertainment and I will watch this every Holiday season. But also not much connected except a few quotes.

Moon Knight
my most anticipated project. Mixed feelings about that. Oscar Isaac was fantastic and episode 3 and 5 were absolutely stunning. Though it has absolutely no connection to the MCU.

Ms.Marvel
First two episodes were fun to watch, episode 3-5 were awful (though I liked the scenes with the Red Daggers in Karachi). Finale was entertaining and in the end this was the best connection to future MCU films.

They need to use the budget more efficient in the future, so that you see it is a movie cut into 6 pieces and not some tv series with cheap effects and storytelling.
It just didn’t feel like the huge excitement when it was announced 3 years ago…yet.

I don't hate any of the Disney+ MCU shows like others here. I just like some more than others.

nfbywh4oqob91.jpg

I‘d be pissed, if they would‘ve shown something important only at the El Capitan

Is there a listing anywhere for the reported budgets of all of Marvel's series? I recall Falcon and the Winter Soldier supposedly having a 25 million an episode budget but is that true of other series as well?

Phase 4 Recap.
Very mixed feelings about the big announcements 3 years ago, that the series will continue the storytelling of the movies.
The series don’t feel much connected to me.
They have a tv scope like AoS only with (mostly) better VFX.

This doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The biggest complaint with Agents of SHIELD is nothing in the shows had consequences for the movies. The show would reference the movie, but not vice versa. However, the first one on your list is WandaVision and there's no doubt that WandaVision is directly and significantly referenced in MoM. Is it possible to understand the movie without watching the show? I suppose so. But the entire backstory of the movie is the show. The series is very much connected and I'm not sure what they could do to make it more connected while still having it be a separate thing.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is interesting because it appeared out of order, but the scenes with Val were supposed to build off of Black Widow. Instead, they come first as a sort of prelude to that movie. Likewise, the movie sets up Hawkeye. I suspect a lot of the Hawkeye plot points are designed to connect to other Disney+ shows, but I'm not discounting a Young Avengers movie. Obviously, the ending of this show was intended to directly lead to Captain America 4.

Loki is going to connect to Quantamania and was arguably the best explanation of all the multiverse stuff that's very prominent in the movies so far.

Ms. Marvel is setting up The Marvels. You recognize the connection here, so I'm confused why you didn't recognize it for WandaVision.

I agree with you that Moon Knight feels the most stand alone. Obviously, the idea of other pantheons was important in Love and Thunder, but it's hardly essential. But this is the only part of what you're saying that makes any sense to me.

I Am Groot is likely nonconsequential and non-canon to the overall arc of the MCU, but if it's only 3-5 minutes per episode, I'll watch it, provided it comes in a binge format. This is something that I hope comes in binge format rather than weekly. I don't know what the policy is on Disney+ in regards to shorts (3-10 minutes) and whether it's week to week or bingeable. If it's weekly release instead of all at once, I don't know if I will watch it right away.

I Am Groot is likely nonconsequential and non-canon to the overall arc of the MCU, but if it's only 3-5 minutes per episode, I'll watch it, provided it comes in a binge format. This is something that I hope comes in binge format rather than weekly. I don't know what the policy is on Disney+ in regards to shorts (3-10 minutes) and whether it's week to week or bingeable. If it's weekly release instead of all at once, I don't know if I will watch it right away.
I think they have said I Am Groot will all be dropped at once.

Same here…but I still have to watch the Baymax shorts

Deadpool 1&2 and Logan will be coming to Disney+ this Friday in the U.S.

Speaking of Marvel Zombies:

8qmjzg5q86d91.jpg

vjbdnfts86d91.jpg

So we get the animated voice debuts of Florence Pugh, Hailee Steinfeld, Randall Park, Simu Liu, Iman Vellani, David Harbour and Awkafina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skaboss241
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"