Marvel Studios has us covered.

Bubonic

Superhero
Reaction score
I've done far too much whining about what properties Marvel Studios doesn't have.
Seems pretty clear to me that unless the other studios go bankrupt properties like Spiderman, X-men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider will forever be locked up with their respective owners.

I'm assuming that all the unclaimed properties fall under the control of Marvel Studios by default. And if that is the case we've really got a wealth of characters to look forward to.

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Nick Fury
War Machine
Deathlok
Ant-man
Blade
Moon Knight
Black Panther
Iron Fist
Doctor Strange
Vision
Sleepwalker
Morbius
Luke Cage
Gunhawks
Namor
Cloak and Dagger
Hellcat
Nighthawk
Devil Dinosaur
Punisher
Captain Marvel
Shang-Chi
Warlock
Man-Thing
Captain Britain
Miracle Man
Hercules
Blue Marvel
Machine Man
Sentry
She-Hulk
Nova
Ka-Zar
Ms.Marvel
Darkhawk
Night Thrasher
Hit-Monkey
Howard the Duck
Foolkiller

for teams and we have

Avengers
Young Avengers
Great Lake Avengers
Defenders
Invaders
Power Pack
MI-13
Skrull Kill Krew
Alpha Flight
Agents of Atlas
Legion of Monsters
Thunderbolts
Runaways
Guardians of the Galaxy
Loners

In compensation for mutants we might have

The Inhumans
The Eternals

Sure some of these might not seem all that exciting or downright stupid, but potentially any can be made into an enjoyable blockbuster, action comedy and even sci-fi epics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, update me if you want, and discuss how Marvel can go about expanding their cinematic universe, all without mentioning properties that are already spoken for.

Wow, so many, I'm not going to list all of the hundred and one Initiative members even though I've put some.

Last edited:
I've done far too much whining about what properties Marvel Studios doesn't have.
Seems pretty clear to me that unless the other studios go bankrupt properties like Spiderman, X-men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider will forever be locked up with their respective owners.

I'm assuming that all the unclaimed properties fall under the control of Marvel Studios by default. And if that is the case we've really got a wealth of characters to look forward to.

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Hawkeye
War Machine
Deathlok
Ant-man
Moon Knight
Black Panther
Iron Fist
Doctor Strange
Morbius
Luke Cage
Namor
Cloak and Dagger
Punisher
Captain Marvel
Warlock
Man-Thing
Blue Marvel
Machine Man
Sentry
She-Hulk
Nova
Ms.Marvel
Darkhawk
Night Thrasher
Howard the Duck
Foolkiller

for teams and we have

Avengers
Young Avengers
Great Lake Avengers
Defenders
Invaders
Agents of Atlas
Guardians of the Galaxy
Loners

In compensation for mutants we might have

The Inhumans
The Eternals

Sure some of these might not seem all that exciting or downright stupid, but potentially any can be made into an enjoyable blockbuster, action comedy and even sci-fi epics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, update me if you want, and discuss how Marvel can go about expanding their cinematic universe, all without mentioning properties that are already spoken for.

You're also forgetting:

Adam Warlock
Black Widow
Captain Britain
Darkhawk
Devil Dinosaur
Gunhawks
Hercules
Hit-Monkey
Ka-Zar
Kid Colt
Miracle Man/ Marvel Man
Nick Fury
Patsy Walker (Hell Cat)
Power Pack
Runaways
Shang Chi
Sleepwalker
Tigra
Vision
Werewolf by Night

Obviously few of these are going to make it, but all it takes is one break out.

Last edited:
I had Warlock and Darkhawk, but thanks for the rest, I'll add it to my list.
Haha, Hit-Monkey?

No need to quote when there is just two of us in here is there? Honestly the page is long enough, be cool if you just edited it out please.

Last edited:
Here's my question

I would assume Marvel would have the Thunderbolts (excluding The Beetle & Mac Gargan)
Captain Britain is tricky is he in that Fox mutant clusterfest??
With New Warriors could we use Firestar??
Silver Sable is she a Marvel or Sony property??
What about Spider-Woman?
No one ever gives me an answer on BLADE
Is cosmic beings off limits because of FF
What about places like Genosha, Negative Zone,etc.

Also I know Marvel has

Jessica Jones
Wonder Man

How could you guys forget Dane Whitman aka Black Knight? Star-Lord also needs a solo project. Arabian Knight is good too, starring Oded Fehr. Alpha Flight, Big Hero 6 (Japan superteam) and Winter Guard (Russian superteam) are okay.

Alpha Flight is a definite no go as it's entirely mutants.

99% of mutants or off limits, Namor seems to get a pass.

Locations specific to mutants would probably be encompassed in the package deal, I'd assume most characters born out of Spidey comics might be packaged with him, like Solo, Thunderbolts also has a lot of ties to Spidey but the concept might not of been bought out and is flexible as all you need is a team of reformed super villains.

Avengers that haven't been singled out as mutants, like Black Knight and Wonderman wouldn't be an issue, and neither would Captain Britain as he didn't start off in an X title, isn't a mutant and can function perfectly well removed from that sphere.

Hehe, again you guys are focusing on what we don't have, what we might not have, instead of taking time to appreciate what we probably do have!

But I enjoy it and since it's a thread I started I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Marvel Studios really does have a lot of characters to play with, but still it'd be nice if they had all their toys. :yay:

I see Captain Marvel above, so we can't forget the rest of the Kree.

Marvel Studios really does have a lot of characters to play with, but still it'd be nice if they had all their toys. :yay:

I see Captain Marvel above, so we can't forget the rest of the Kree.

I wonder if they'll fear cosmic movies because of Green Lantern's failure, it is hard to affordably and effectively do justice to a cosmic movie, like a Kree, Nova, or Guardians of the Galaxy film.

Marvel has the rights for Cable too, wich is kinda stupid considering he's an x-men character

I wonder if they'll fear cosmic movies because of Green Lantern's failure, it is hard to affordably and effectively do justice to a cosmic movie, like a Kree, Nova, or Guardians of the Galaxy film.

I don't think Green Lantern's lack of success thus far has any influence on how Marvel Studios will view the movies they put out, even cosmic ones. If Star Wars, Star Trek, Avatar and the Aliens movies can be a success, then with an excellent script and better casting, the movie possibilities you've mentioned will do fine.

I think Green Lanterns biggest mistake was the casting of Ryan Renolds as Hal Jordaon/Green Lantern. To be a lead in a Superhero film, an actor needs to be able to portray character depth. Renolds' Hal seemed like a cheap Downey Jr.'s Stark. The biggest difference was that even though Downy Jr.'s Stark is comedic at times, he's still able to give a sense of he's hiding something, whether he fears his heart may give out or he's just not telling the whole story, which makes for an interesting character. Renolds' Hal was too one dimensional.

Story, casting and good dramatic acting is what makes a comic book film work.

Alpha Flight is a definite no go as it's entirely mutants.

Not sure if they are off limits or if they were marketed as a separate IP...and out of the team only 2 are mutants...Northstar and Aurora

99% of mutants or off limits, Namor seems to get a pass.

Namor gets a pass because he was sold as a separate IP from X-men.Its only recently he was a part of the X-men

Locations specific to mutants would probably be encompassed in the package deal, I'd assume most characters born out of Spidey comics might be packaged with him, like Solo, Thunderbolts also has a lot of ties to Spidey but the concept might not of been bought out and is flexible as all you need is a team of reformed super villains.

Avengers that haven't been singled out as mutants, like Black Knight and Wonderman wouldn't be an issue, and neither would Captain Britain as he didn't start off in an X title, isn't a mutant and can function perfectly well removed from that sphere.

Hehe, again you guys are focusing on what we don't have, what we might not have, instead of taking time to appreciate what we probably do have!

But I enjoy it and since it's a thread I started I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

It will be interesting to see where Captain Britain is...considering that he was probably a part of Excalibur at the time of the signing of contract....and Psylocke(his twin sister) was in X3

So wait, you're telling me that Marvel doesn't have the rights to the Great Lake Avengers *just* because they are mutants? That would be awful if true since they are solely an Avengers creation from long ago.

Huh?

Guardian, Vindicator, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, and Puck are mutants?

man in suit, lady in suit, altered human, magic user, cursed human...and Snowbird is a goddess

man in suit, lady in suit, altered human, magic user, cursed human...and Snowbird is a goddess

My mistake, I was told because they are connected to Wolverine so closely they'd belong to Fox, and I also mistakenly assumed they were all mutants.

not sure where they'd fall

Marvel has the rights for Cable too, wich is kinda stupid considering he's an x-men character

Now that's odd. What in the world are they going to do with Cable without mutants, Apocalypse, Stryfe, the X-Men, the New Mutants, Cyclops, Jean Grey, etc? :doh:

Nah, Feige has expressed his huge hard-on for sci-fi and the cosmic side of Marvel in interviews about the future and has even mentioned Thor as being great for him as they sort of tapped into that cosmic side, as well as his enthusiasm for Abrams' Star Trek movie. He even name-dropped Guardians of the Galaxy recently IIRC. And after doing research on that it sounds like an awesome concept.

I'm with you on this one, Bubonic. Marvel has enough big name characters to have as cornerstone franchises, and they also have a wealth of heroes that could make very good movies like Black Panther, Moon Knight, Luke Cage & Iron Fist, etc. If they had Spider-man, FF, and X-Men there would be nothing but reboots all the damn time when the trilogies are done.

I'm fairly sure Marvel do have the rights for Cable.
Bring on the Cable movie!

Yeah, but without x-men it's kinda strange and dificult to make a movie about him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"