Marvel Studios has us covered.

I can answer that with two words that actually has quite a bit to do with the classic Guardians.

Time Travel.

Well, as I said in the post which you just replied to...

"What would be the point of having a movie universe which spans over 1,000 years, thus eliminating the possibility of interaction short of the rare case of time travel?"

Think about it. So you have Ronan the Accuser as a villain in the Avengers. Then you want to use him in Guardians of the Galaxy. So you're going to have to send him 1,000 years in the future to make it happen? And then you're going to have him come back? How about when Ultron goes from an Avengers villain to a space villain? When he comes back to Earth is he going to have to travel back in time? How about Thanos? Is he going to be hopping timelines, too?

What sense does it make to have it so that Every. Single. Time. that the Earth and space universes interact, it must be through time travel? Why not just set them both in the 21st century and cut out the middle man? Nevermind all the ridiculous problems that'd be created by having each instance involve the characters in question reacclimating themselves to the new timeline. Will Ronan still be able to hold the rank of Accuser in the 31st century? Will that rank still exist in the 31st century? Is there even a Kree Empire in the 31st century?

On top of which, there're numerous space based heroes who're tied into the 21st century, like Nova and Darkhawk. So what do you do when they go into space? Do they also time travel to the future? Do they have to time travel back whenever they return to Earth? Or do you have them in a 21st century space setting? If that's the case, then you're just needlessly confusing the audience. That'd be like Warner Bros. making some DC movies that're set in Earth-1 and others that're set in Earth-2.

Point is, absolutely nothing is gained by setting the Guardians of the Galaxy in the 31st century, so why in the world would they do such a thing?

As far as why? Well, lets be real here. The original Guardians? Kinda lame.

The originals are lame, granted. But how does it follow that, because the old Guardians are lame, that the new Guardians must therefore be set in their timeline? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a logical connection in that argument. The new Guardians exist in the 21st century. Every single member of that team is tied into the 21st century space universe and/or 21st century Earth in one way or another. So why would Marvel take their 21st century space-based team and inexplicably set their movie versions in the 31st century?

Last edited:
And I can answer that with one word.

Kang.

And I can answer that with one word.

Kang.

So is Kang going to be used every time? Every single instance you can't just fight Ultron? Or Thanos? Or Ronan? Or Magus? Or Annihilus? Or the Supreme Intelligence? Or the Imperial Guard? Or the Fraternity of Raptors? Kang has to be there.

Every.
Single.
Time?

Whenever Richard Rider calls his folks from Xandar, he has to call Kang first so Kang can route his call? Whenever Chris Powell wants to head home to visit his little brothers, he has to book a flight with Kang's Time Travel Express? Whenever the Guardians need Earth's heroes for a job, they have to ask one of the worst super-villains around for help?

Again I ask, why even bother?

Honestly, I didn't really read your post. I just read the first part and answered that. Maybe I shoulda quoted and bolded what I was talking about. So, I guess I'll just do that now. (At least until Thunder Cats comes on)

Well, as I said in the post which you just replied to...

"What would be the point of having a movie universe which spans over 1,000 years, thus eliminating the possibility of interaction short of the rare case of time travel?"

First of all, there's very little reason to interact. These movies are very expensive, and do you really think they're gonna do an Avengers/Guardian's crossover? I mean, even if they're in the present, what are the chances that they'd even do it?

Now. Lets assume they did do it. I'd figure it would only be the once. If you had to crossover two franchises(One of which is already a crossover filled with individual franchises so that's like 5 maybe 6 if they ever get Antman made), two teams just the once, Kangs the way to go. There's other ways. As a result of the Avengers formation, you could have the Terran Empire as seen in one of the possible futures in Avengers Forever. They have to go back to stop whatever event that went down that lead to that future. This is just s**t I'm pulling out of my ass mind you. Lots of ways and reasons.

Think about it. So you have Ronan the Accuser as a villain in the Avengers. Then you want to use him in Guardians of the Galaxy. So you're going to have to send him 1,000 years in the future to make it happen? And then you're going to have him come back? How about when Ultron goes from an Avengers villain to a space villain? When he comes back to Earth is he going to have to travel back in time? How about Thanos? Is he going to be hopping timelines, too?

There are thousands of Accusers. It's a position, not a single person. Just don't use Ronan if you just HAVE to have an Accuser show up. Ultron is a robot. More than that, he's an AI. He could have gotten to the future the old fasioned way. Same with Thanos. Guys effin' Immortal.

But that doesn't matter. Why even reuse the same villains between the two?

What sense does it make to have it so that Every. Single. Time. that the Earth and space universes interact, it must be through time travel? Why not just set them both in the 21st century and cut out the middle man? Nevermind all the ridiculous problems that'd be created by having each instance involve the characters in question reacclimating themselves to the new timeline. Will Ronan still be able to hold the rank of Accuser in the 31st century? Will that rank still exist in the 31st century? Is there even a Kree Empire in the 31st century?

On top of which, there're numerous space based heroes who're tied into the 21st century, like Nova and Darkhawk. So what do you do when they go into space? Do they also time travel to the future? Do they have to time travel back whenever they return to Earth? Or do you have them in a 21st century space setting? If that's the case, then you're just needlessly confusing the audience. That'd be like Warner Bros. making some DC movies that're set in Earth-1 and others that're set in Earth-2.

Neither of them were Guardians, and both got their powers through extra terrestrial shenanigans. No reason why that can't simply happen in the modern day. They just wont tie in to the Guardians directly. Not that they need to.

Point is, absolutely nothing is gained by setting the Guardians of the Galaxy in the 31st century, so why in the world would they do such a thing?

The originals are lame, granted. But how does it follow that, because the old Guardians are lame, that the new Guardians must therefore be set in their timeline? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a logical connection in that argument. The new Guardians exist in the 21st century. Every single member of that team is tied into the 21st century space universe and/or 21st century Earth in one way or another. So why would Marvel take their 21st century space-based team and inexplicably set their movie versions in the 31st century?

I've just come up with two possible storylines that could take up an entire movie and then some. And I'm not even a writer. Imagine what somebody that knew what they were doing could come up with? You think too small friend. Or maybe you're thinking too big? the likleyhood if this even getting made is slim. The likelyhood of an Avengers/Guardians movie is even less. IF they did do it, you'd get maybe one. I just gave you two.

So is Kang going to be used every time? Every single instance you can't just fight Ultron? Or Thanos? Or Ronan? Or Magus? Or Annihilus? Or the Supreme Intelligence? Or the Imperial Guard? Or the Fraternity of Raptors? Kang has to be there.

Every.
Single.
Time?
All that's just been answered. Half those guys you just mentioned are immortal. Imperial Guard is owned by Fox. But it doesn't matter, how many of these Guardian movies do you think are gonna get made? And even if you made a lot, why reuse villains from the Avengers? Why not just introduce them in that time and not use them in Avengers? (That is, the ones that aren't IMMORTAL and couldn't have simply survived for 1,000 years)

Whenever Richard Rider calls his folks from Xandar, he has to call Kang first so Kang can route his call? Whenever Chris Powell wants to head home to visit his little brothers, he has to book a flight with Kang's Time Travel Express? Whenever the Guardians need Earth's heroes for a job, they have to ask one of the worst super-villains around for help?

Again I ask, why even bother?

You're thinking of this as if it's a comic, when it's not. It's movies. And they're already having a b***h of a time getting this one together. :o

A little distance would be nice. Not to mention a cross time look at the repercussions of the Avengers' actions in the present.

But all of this is moot cuz, it was just a thought. Just a WHAT IF.

Last edited:
Sorry if that sounded condescending. I get that way when I"m hungry. :o

When Marvel announced the Runaways were in development I thought they had taken the initiative to corner the teen market. It's a chance to explore new ground that the X-Men franchise hasn't covered yet. What kind of pressures do kids face today and what attitude do they have to face the future? Supernatural concepts like Teen Wolf and Twilight exploit teenage romance. Runaways and Cloak & Dagger are heavy concepts because they are on their own.

That's why I thought Runaways or Cloak & Dagger would make great teen superhero flicks. Power Pack could be Disney's answer to Spy Kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"