Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

Cool that she's playing an already established character.

Release it already dammit!

What time can we expect it?

Not gonna lie, it’s been hard to get hyped for any MCU project recently. I think Ant-Man 3 killed whatever enthusiasm I had left.

They should have named this Marvel Studios' Nick Fury, as this looks nothing like Secret Invasion. The Skrulls (in their Alien form) is also shown in the trailer for like 2 seconds.

Anyway, I don't mind if Marvel Studios slow down their original streaming content, but aside from this, they already have footage of Loki 2, What If? 2, Agatha, Echo, Daredevil, Ironheart and soon Wonder Man in their vault. It makes me wonder how long Disney could keep those shows hidden under
their servers before they are eventually available for streaming. It is a lot.

Yeah the trailer is a generic bunch of nothing for me. I still doubt but that Fury can carry a show on his own and I hope there is something more to do for Rhodey, Hill and Ross then 3min-cameos.

Yep, normally I‘m hyped for this…but I don’t feel it.
I even don’t feel the urge to watch the trailer again

Yeah the trailer is a generic bunch of nothing for me. I still doubt but that Fury can carry a show on his own and I hope there is something more to do for Rhodey, Hill and Ross then 3min-cameos.
I think he can headline a 6 episode Xeries, but it would depend on the content. The new characters look uninteresting. I also doubt the story they have for this couldn't be told in 2 hours.

I dislike that from WandaVision to She Hulk, the lead character's name is in the title, and yet they made this as an eXception. I seriously doubt "Secret Invasion" would attract more non Marvel fans than "Nick Fury". Marvel Studios should be more organized with their titles.

Trailer was okay. Surprised they didn't save this storyline for an Avengers movie but I will still watch.

Also, is Kl'rt the main bad guy here?

Trailer was okay. Surprised they didn't save this storyline for an Avengers movie but I will still watch.

Also, is Kl'rt the main bad guy here?
The premiseofSecret Invasion seems like something an Avengers movie would have, especially its one of the more well known Avengers storyline in the 2000s alongside Civil War. But oh well I guess they have no intention in using it as an Avengers story.

I remember when Captain Marvel first came out and introduced Skrulls, there was a lot of paranoia among fans that certain Avengers were Skrulls and it would have ruined their previous movies and such. Maybe that's why they stayed clear of using it for an Avengers movie?

I think the trailer looks better than the first so it's gotten me a bit more hyped for it. And as far as not being as faithful to the comic, I honestly don't care. I was reading Secret Invasion as it was coming out and it was a big letdown for me. What initially was an interesting premise turned into a drawn out 8 issue slugfest in Central Park. The build up to the event was better than the event itself. So as long as they take the core concept and lean into the spy espionage angle, they'll be fine.

Looks good to me. Very Winter Soldier vibes. Based on the official poster, maybe the moment Campea mentioned that will make people go "what?!" at the end of the first episode, is a Skrull Fury killing someone in public? But yeah, I have high expectations for this since RMB has read the script for it and praised it. He was not a fan of the writing in Quantumania.

Found the trailer to be pretty meh.

This might be a small thing but I really like the fact that is called "Secret Invasion" and it doesn't have a character in the title. It gives the project certain freedom to use their characters as they see convenient. Feels like a fresh way of telling stories in the MCU.

This might be a small thing but I really like the fact that is called "Secret Invasion" and it doesn't have a character in the title. It gives the project certain freedom to use their characters as they see convenient. Feels like a fresh way of telling stories in the MCU.
I agree. I wish they would do more shows like that.

I've always loved Super Skrull so if they're building to that (even if not in this show) I'll be very happy. Great to get back to some TWS-type content anyway after all the multiverse stuff.

The thing is this clearly a Nick Fury story more than a Secret Invasion story, well based from what they've released so far.

If this looked like more of a Marvel Universe story like in the comics, not mentioning any character or team in the title would make more sense. But from the trailers/poster, its Marvel Studios' Nick Fury.

The thing is this clearly a Nick Fury story more than a Secret Invasion story, well based from what they've released so far.

If this looked like more of a Marvel Universe story like in the comics, not mentioning any character or team in the title would make more sense. But from the trailers/poster, its Marvel Studios' Nick Fury.
Sure, there is a lead character. But if for some reason they don't want/need Nick Fury, people aren't gonna be "But where is Nick Fury? This is Nick Fury: Secret Invasion!".
The fact that the event is more important than the lead character is what's interesting to me. It gives the story more freedom to do whatever they want without having a central character all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"