Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

Sure, there is a lead character. But if for some reason they don't want/need Nick Fury, people aren't gonna be "But where is Nick Fury? This is Nick Fury: Secret Invasion!".
The fact that the event is more important than the lead character is what's interesting to me. It gives the story more freedom to do whatever they want without having a central character all the time.
I don't understand what you are saying.

Nick Fury is front and center and the main selling point of this show, not the story from the comics. Remove the two second appearance of the alien form Skrulls/replace the title with something else, and I don't think many people would have thought its a Secret Invasion adaptation.

Its also a siX episodes mini series which would feature Nick Fury in all of the episodes.

I don't understand what you are saying.

Nick Fury is front and center and the main selling point of this show, not the story from the comics. Remove the two second appearance of the alien form Skrulls/replace the title with something else, and I don't think many people would have thought its a Secret Invasion adaptation.

Its also a siX episodes mini series which would feature Nick Fury in all of the episodes.

The show isn't about Nick Fury. He's in it, he is a big part of it, but the Invasion itself is what the show is. I find that to be a nice change of pace from the shows (and movies) we've had that have always revolved around a central figure (Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, etc etc etc).

Sure, there is a lead character. But if for some reason they don't want/need Nick Fury, people aren't gonna be "But where is Nick Fury? This is Nick Fury: Secret Invasion!".
The fact that the event is more important than the lead character is what's interesting to me. It gives the story more freedom to do whatever they want without having a central character all the time.
Also it even removes Fury’s title character plot armour. There can be high stakes here and there is no obligation for Fury to survive or be in fine condition through the end credits of the final episode.

The new trailer definitely made it feel like there are going to be stakes in this series and maybe even the possibility of Fury dying which I'm not expecting but it was definitely hinted at quite a bit IMO.

I'm just glad we are finally getting something where SLJ is being given the time to actually shine in this role because outside of The Avengers and TWS he has felt largely absent in this universe.

He is just too great of an actor to be wasted like that too.

The new trailer definitely made it feel like there are going to be stakes in this series and maybe even the possibility of Fury dying which I'm not expecting but it was definitely hinted at quite a bit IMO.

I'm just glad we are finally getting something where SLJ is being given the time to actually shine in this role because outside of The Avengers and TWS he has felt largely absent in this universe.

He is just too great of an actor to be wasted like that too.
I massively missed him in IW (fair enough, plot) and the end of Endgame (come on now!). Glad to have him feature in Cap Marvel at least. We could have done with a few more appearances from him.

I massively missed him in IW (fair enough, plot) and the end of Endgame (come on now!). Glad to have him feature in Cap Marvel at least. We could have done with a few more appearances from him.

See I almost completely forgot he was even in Captain Marvel until you mentioned it. I liked him in that movie mostly because of his chemistry with Brie, but just like his role in FFH it just wasn't all that memorable or substantial.

Granted, I also haven't revisited that movie since I watched it in 2019 which doesn't help either, but I just want to see them do a lot more with current day Nick Fury than anything else.

You can tell SLJ can bring so much more to the role than what they've been giving him so far and he deserves it and if we aren't getting that from this series than that's a HUGE missed opportunity IMO.

See I almost completely forgot he was even in Captain Marvel until you mentioned it. I liked him in that movie mostly because of his chemistry with Brie, but just like his role in FFH it just wasn't all that memorable or substantial.

Granted, I also haven't revisited that movie since I watched it in 2019 which doesn't help either, but I just want to see them do a lot more with current day Nick Fury than anything else.

You can tell SLJ can bring so much more to the role than what they've been giving him so far and he deserves it and if we aren't getting that from this series than that's a HUGE missed opportunity IMO.
Yep, I kind of hope he has plans to stay beyond this but who knows, he’s 74 now. If this is his MCU swansong I hope it’s a great one.

There was a shot in the trailer of a DODC case labelled something starting with "Cull". So perhaps they're making super-skrulls using the DNA of other super beings they can get their hands on, such as Cull Obsidian's amputated arm. What other super powered beings could they get DNA from?

Last edited:
There was a shot in the trailer of a DODC case labelled something starting with "Cull". So perhaps they're making super-skrulls using the DNA of other super beings they can get their hands on, such as Cull Obsidian's amputated arm. What other super powered beings could they get DNA from?
Good spot. :up: And I like that idea a lot. Abomination maybe? Vision/White Vision when they had him captured.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Emilia Clarke's character turns out to be nothing more than Talos' daughter.

Maria Hill:

yai826ibz71b1.jpg

Everett Ross:

gesncqrbz71b1.jpg

Rhodey:

9zzb61vbz71b1.jpg

Talos:

0j1jfjybz71b1.jpg

Sonya Fallsworth:

sdpmah7cz71b1.jpg

Gi'ah:

5wmwluacz71b1.jpg

Gravik:

trd3txdcz71b1.jpg

Priscilla Fury:

ae8nqlmcz71b1.jpg

Pagon:

55hniyhata1b1.jpeg

Last edited:
I dont recall Fury ever being married....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"