Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

Echo is gonna do worse later this year, huh?
thor-of-course.gif

It disturbs me how arrogant and disrespectful Rhodey acted in front of the European representives.

That scene really stood out to me as a European. Like how are you the good guy here? Doesn't really make me want to root for you with that arrogant attitude... It would only make sense to me if it turns out that Rhodey is actually a Skrull.

Count me in the group that's been pretty "whelmed" with this series. I will continue watching it, but it just hasn't really caught my attention so far. Hoping it picks up. But I've heard it compared to Andor, and that can be a great thing for some, just not me lol.

I'm fairly confident Rhodey is a skrull

For some reason, I feel like he's not. He's the obvious choice, which to me, makes it seem like a misdirection.

I'm starting to lean toward Nick Fury being a Skrull who has all of Fury's memories, but none of their Skrull memories. Would be a crazy twist toward the end. The line "You haven't been the same since Thanos' snap" makes be wonder if that's a subtle clue toward this reveal.

Rhodey being a skrull wouldn't necessarily surprise me, but if they're going with a bigger twist, something else needs to happen.

New Rockstars has an interesting video up pointing to some compelling evidence of Maria Hill being a Skrull. Basically:
-Fury limped in front of Maria when he got back down to Earth
-Next scene, Pagon told Gravik that Fury was walking with a limp
-When Falsworth mentioned the dirty bomb dealer (mentioning only one of five they had located), you could see Hill take notes
-Next scene, Gi'ah gets the same location to go buy the dirty bomb
-Fury and Talos conveniently get there what seems to be moments later
-Fury didn't seem all that upset about Maria on the train back with Talos

They easily could've faked her death, and having her say "It was you" to Fury as he watched her 'die' is pretty good psychological warfare. Except this is Fury and you ain't foolin' him.

Now why Fury would allow the plan to move forward and allow that bomb to go off, assuming he is several steps ahead, is another question

Last edited:
So this is what I waited for 6 months after the Guardians Holiday special…
I hope Loki brings back the MCU series anticipation for me.

Episode 2 had some great dialog, still haven't been reeled in yet. But I'll stick with it to see where it goes.

My mileage varies a lot. No denying this series isn’t top TV though for me Andor’s first half was banal. I stopped after 2 episodes for weeks only came back after reading some good review by chance. The second half stepped up a bit but still failed to grab my interest. Tbh there are quite are few shows over past 12 months or so that blow both out of water.

Thankfully today’s episode is much shorter, just over 40 mins. Much easier to squeeze in on a work day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking this show for *reasons* but for the general audience this is unbelievably boring.

Judging by the engagement in this thread, not a lot of people here are watching either

Yeah. Putting stuff on Disney+ probably wasn't the best idea. Despite having some good stuff in there, the brand has been tarnished since they started branching projects. I miss the "event" of going to the cinema to see these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"