She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

And if it seemed as if Marvel pretty much said they wanted Alison Brie originally, then what will be the reaction if someone other than John Krasinski is cast as Reed Richards since it seems that many fans have already decided that's who they want?
The same way anyone does when they don't get their fancast. Moan about it initially, and then embrace the casting if it's good.

Personally, I'm way, WAY more excited about Tatiana in this role than I ever could've been about Alison Brie.

Saw the headline on the main page. Just a bit disappointed it's not Angie Harmon, because based on this clip, she's been dying to play her:

Maybe they can still find a role for her on the show - that would be cool

Wasn't this years ago that she talked about this? She hasn't really been linked to this for a while and especially not during all the Alison Brie rumours.

I'm not sure Angie Harmon would want to take a secondary role when she wanted the lead.

Which version of She-Hulk will she be? Savage like her original appearance but still sexy? Sensational and breaking the fourth wall? Single Green Female? Or the more recent monstrous version that Marvel seems to have been steering towards?

Grace Randolph speculates that Tatianna's casting means it will be the current 'monstrous' version... and not the classic sexy version. Because of feminism.

I suppose it will be easier to do the monster version using CGI, than making a life-like sexy CGI She-Hulk running around in a swimsuit.

Grace Randolph speculates that Tatianna's casting means it will be the current 'monstrous' version... and not the classic sexy version. Because of feminism.

I suppose it will be easier to do the monster version using CGI, than making a life-like sexy CGI She-Hulk running around in a swimsuit.

I don't know why they would go with that version when the more feminine and less monstrous version is the classic. What's the point of having She-Hulk on screen if you're not even going to have the one that everyone knows? It's like giving us Patience Phillips Catwoman instead of Selina Kyle.

And why should Tatiana's casting mean that?

I wonder if Alison Brie even auditioned. And if she did, did Marvel decide they didn't want her after all? Wasn't she following She-Hulk casting on Twitter recently?

And if it seemed as if Marvel pretty much said they wanted Alison Brie originally, then what will be the reaction if someone other than John Krasinski is cast as Reed Richards since it seems that many fans have already decided that's who they want?

just cause fans think they know who they want in a role, doesn't mean its the best way to go... fans aren't the ones doing the auditions, dealing with actors/actress availability/ schedule, or even knows who would best fits the director/writes take on the character ... to know who is the best for the role

fans may want one person but another person comes along an nails their audition, is exactly what the maker of the show/movie envisioned for the role, so as long as its someone they think fit their version for the character an actually wants to work with them... that will show in the work

usually it's when actors/actress are forced onto a project based on popular demand/ or their popularity at the time, is when things go wrong, an it shows in the end results

just saying

this could also be the case, assume she even auditioned/ or was on their radar for the role at all, it is not uncommon for someone to audition for one role but get another instead... they may be saving her for different role who they think she would be a better fit for

I'm not excited about this casting. I was hoping for someone with a little more charm/charisma. Not saying Tatiana is a bad actress but i wish they would have picked a different actress.

And yes sensational She-Hulk is most definitely the best version (though not always the best storywise) of She-Hulk.

I'm not excited about this casting. I was hoping for someone with a little more charm/charisma. Not saying Tatiana is a bad actress but i wish they would have picked a different actress.

And yes sensational She-Hulk is most definitely the best version (though not always the best storywise) of She-Hulk.

Well, when you say "Sensational She-Hulk", do you mean the actual comic run with that title? I prefer "Sensational She-Hulk" when it was her graphic novel or in the Fantastic Four. There her stories weren't as wacky or breaking the fourth wall, but she still had charm and was lots of fun. Once she had her own comic run, the stories became frivolous and almost like Howard the Duck.

Well, when you say "Sensational She-Hulk", do you mean the actual comic run with that title? I prefer "Sensational She-Hulk" when it was her graphic novel or in the Fantastic Four. There her stories weren't as wacky or breaking the fourth wall, but she still had charm and was lots of fun. Once she had her own comic run, the stories became frivolous and almost like Howard the Duck.

Haha yeah, we had this conversation before and i agree. I mean personality and looks wise the sensational she hulk comic iteration is the best. But those stories weren't. Storywise i liked her best in Byrne's FF run.

I wonder if Alison Brie even auditioned. And if she did, did Marvel decide they didn't want her after all? Wasn't she following She-Hulk casting on Twitter recently?

First of all, they likely never really sought an Alison Brie type in the first place. That was just a baseless rumor.

And if John Krasinski isn’t cast then that would serve as a reminder to not get too attached to fancasts because they might not come true. There will inevitably be backlash, especially if it’s a POC cast in the role instead of a white guy but it won’t be anything too severe. You may have some knuckleheads try and boycott the movie, but they make up a tiny fraction of the overall audience who sees these movies, so it won’t have much of an impact.
The same way anyone does when they don't get their fancast. Moan about it initially, and then embrace the casting if it's good.
That may be largely true if it was just a white person other than Krasinski that is cast, but if Marvel decides to cast a POC in the role, certain fans will do a lot worse than moan and I can’t imagine some of them ever accepting the casting even if it was a good actor because the actor isn’t the same race as he is in the comics.

Last edited:
Haha yeah, we had this conversation before and i agree. I mean personality and looks wise the sensational she hulk comic iteration is the best. But those stories weren't. Storywise i liked her best in Byrne's FF run.

I think the Sensational She-Hulk comic was almost an extreme pendulum swing by John Byrne to try to do something different to Savage She-Hulk. But he went too far. She would've been fine if her stories were still like Fantastic Four or even her graphic novel with a more serious tone but still with humour.

She-Hulk in FF or her graphic novel was like watching an MCU movie which has humour but still has dramatic weight. Sensational She-Hulk comic was like watching the Spice Girls movie where nothing happens at all and it's just an excuse for a romp.

I bet also Byrne did Sensational She-Hulk the way he did so that he could also get away with stories like She-Hulk apparently jumping rope in the nude for half the issue. Somehow I don't think there's going to be an episode like that in this series, or at least if there is, I would be very surprised.

Yeah Byrne went a little overboard with the cutesy/silly stories. The jumprope scene was a little gratuitous but i do think She Hulk is a a very attractive woman who is supposed to be a little flirty and sensual. I always wondered why she has almost 0 interesting villains though.

I don't know why they would go with that version when the more feminine and less monstrous version is the classic. What's the point of having She-Hulk on screen if you're not even going to have the one that everyone knows? It's like giving us Patience Phillips Catwoman instead of Selina Kyle.

And why should Tatiana's casting mean that?

Grace says its because they went with a powerhouse actress like Tatiana, instead of a 'cheesecake' babe actress (like Alexandra Daddario whom she named) who is more known for playing sexy swimsuit characters and has a voluptuous physique.

She suspects She-Hulk will be more in alignment with the modern feminist reimagining (that didn't sell well) with the 'mousy' lawyer who becomes the monsterous hulk;

I agree this is a likely possibility. A female showrunner means they'll likely aim to avoid the 'male gaze' sexiness of the comics.

Personally, I'm way, WAY more excited about Tatiana in this role than I ever could've been about Alison Brie.

Literally the only casting that could have overcome my MCU apathy.

I see Randolph's audience is still the regressives...

Saw the headline on the main page. Just a bit disappointed it's not Angie Harmon, because based on this clip, she's been dying to play her:

I understand that, but the best actor or actress for the role will always wins out. It usually doesn’t mean much if one actor publicly expresses interest in playing the role. If they don’t think you’re the one, then you’re not the one.

The only time an actor publicly expressed interest in playing the role then eventually getting it was this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Asr
I understand that, but the best actress for the role will always wins out. It usually doesn’t mean much if one actor publicly expresses interest in playing the role. If they don’t think you’re the one, then you’re not the one.

The only time an actor publicly expressed interest in getting the part then eventually got the role was this:

Maybe Marvel couldn't think of anyone else or couldn't be bothered to look for anyone else once they saw he was good enough.

Will people quit linking to Grace Randolph's videos or using her as someone with insider sources? She's been proven wrong so many times when it comes to DC, MCU, and Star Wars that it's hard to take anything she says seriously.

And she has an annoying voice too, so people probably only half listen to her news because they want to get it over and done with.

I dislike that woman as much as all of you.

But I can't deny that her recent 'scoops' for Marvel and DC have been majority correct. Most noteably the JSA lineup for Black Adam, the casting call for Flash, etc. She's got her industry connections is friends with The Wrap, Hwd Reporter and other outlets.

Even when she gets into arguments with some like Cathy Yan (who's BOP film flopped and was doing major damage control), it's hard to take some of the director statements seriously when even they are guilty of misinformation, lies and spin.

I don't agree with Randolph's personal opinions (she loves BVS and Zack Snyder :ebr:, hence why she scores the interviews with him), but when she reports information that she's heard, it shouldn't be dismissed outright.

I had no idea she was even being considered so this was an awesome surprise. Tatiana is amazing and she’s going to kill it :hrt:. Marvel and the showrunners better give her good material to work with or I’m going to be pissed :argh:.

Fortunately it's not Grace Randolph as She-Hulk.

Feige and company hired an Emmy award winning writer from Rick & Morty to lead the show's writer's room and a director/showrunner primarily known for her work in sitcoms. I would be very surprised if this WASN'T an Allie McBeal type of lady lawyer comedy show with superpowers.

As to her origin - Maybe in this version Bruce transfers his Hulk powers over to Jennifer? Nobody seems to like the Smart Hulk very much, so handing the title over to Jennifer solves two problems. And it frees Bruce up to become Joe Fix It in time for the Wolverine movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"