** Metal ** The Thread! II

New track from the upcoming Amon Amarth album; bloody fantastic:

haha I was just going here to post that exact link :woot:

I concur, another masterpiece!
Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif

With the release of Paracletus, Deathspell Omega have cemented themselves as my all time favorite band.

Yeah, that new Amon Amarth sounds badass!

From Burzums upcoming album Fallen
[YT]3UaDK2gxqVg[/YT]
... and The Count does it again :D

also, gorgeous artwork:
2011_fallen.jpg

Iron Maiden won the "Best Heavy Metal Performance" Grammy for "El Dorado". I'm not actually sure who else was nominated, but I read that.

Here I am back from an unjust banning and I feel energized. Amon Amarth has a new album out?

It comes out on March 29th, and it's called Surtur Rising.

Pretty awesome that Amon Amarth has a new album coming out. I'll most likely pick it up when it's released. Just the other day I ordered Pain of Salvation's "The Perfect Element 1", Star One "Victims of A Modern Age", and two other albums that escape me at the moment.

Oh the other was Summoning "Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame". Now I honestly can't remember the other one.

:up:

Thanks for posting that song, i didn't know they were gonna put a new one out. As always they never fail to deliver....

It seems like this is going to be good year for melodic death, what with Amon Amarth, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Be'Lakor, and The Agonist all releasing albums.

It seems like this is going to be good year for melodic death, what with Amon Amarth, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Be'Lakor, and The Agonist all releasing albums.

In Flames is still good? In all honesty, I heard that they took a new direction with their music and it's sounding pretty similar to a lot of the nu-metal that took off in the late 90's and early 2000's. I'd like to think that the band that created ****acle, The Jester Race, and Colony wouldn't resort to that. :csad:

In Flames is still good? In all honesty, I heard that they took a new direction with their music and it's sounding pretty similar to a lot of the nu-metal that took off in the late 90's and early 2000's. I'd like to think that the band that created ****acle, The Jester Race, and Colony wouldn't resort to that. :csad:

No, it definitely doesn't sound like nu-metal--though people who are bitter over the change will certainly tell you that. The sound has changed considerably, though, and I don't pretend that everyone will like it. I think both sounds are great.

If you want to see for yourself, I recommend youtubing some tracks from their '06 album, Come Clarity. Clayman was the last album to feature their "traditional" sound; it was followed by Reroute to Remain and then Soundtrack to Your Escape; both solid albums, but both extremely different from all their previous work. After that, Come Clarity, and the last album, A Sense of Purpose, strike more of a balance between the old style and the new--but they're still significantly different from the older albums.

Basically, I think that if you find something to like in Come Clarity, you'll find something to like in all of their newer work. If not, the newer work may not be for you.

For you guys who said you like Amon Amarth, here's Johan Hegg talking about the meaning behind the new tracks (with samples):

Also, I don't know if anybody here like Scar Symmetry (if you don't, you're crazy), but their next album has recently been announced; it's called The Unseen Empire, and it's out in April.

More good stuff; Before the Dawn is currently streaming their upcoming album, in it's entirety, on Facebook. If you don't know who they are, they play melodic death metal (I suppose it has a gothic twist to it as well).

How 'bout some Incarnia?
[YT]Qbh6d2aj5uM[/YT]

Or My Dying Bride?
[YT]pf1xURG0V90[/YT]

i've been liking 'The Other" lately---"back to the cematary is kickin'

continuing the trend of Amon Amarth, here is singer Johan Hegg performing SOADs "Areals" from the 70,000 tons of Metal-cruise

[YT]bml8x5dyBbg[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"