The Official Musical Theatre Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom and I saw Dear Evan Hansen today. I saw it back in November and it was even better the second time, and my mom loved it.

And dear god, the amount of crying in the theater during Act II was so audible that the entire mezzanine sounded like a snot factory...

Oh. I forgot to update on Dolly after I got home Wednesday night. Or maybe I floated to heaven and never came back.

Either way, it was an amazing evening. The entire cast and production is flawless.

Saw Miss Saigon last night. First time I've ever seen it. I had an EXPERIENCE. I loved it.

Oh, and I'm seeing first preview of Dolly on Wednesday! WOOOO!

is Solonga in Saigon still?

I've seen Miss Saigon twice now. Obsessed.

i'm looking up the cast now.

i have a Rachelle Ann Go song on my ipod from years ago lol. and i recognize Brammer from the Les Miz movie
i know nothing about Saigon, but i just read the plot. i'd go see it if i could

also, Motown the Musical will be here in about 2 weeks and i'm considering going. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth checking out?

You'd like a trip to Saigon, I promise!

is Solonga in Saigon still?

Oh no....she's in her 40s now, amazing as she is, Lea playing a 17-year-old Kim is a bit of a stretch these days.

I saw her during the original run (I am old, it first opened when I was in high school). She was amazing. That scene between her and Ellen is, to this day, one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen on stage. :csad:

I've seen Miss Saigon twice now. Obsessed.

I'm obsessing over it right now, and I haven't seen it since 1995. I feel like I forgot about it, which is amazing, since it was one of my favorites back in the day. I just listened to the new London recording, and I'm like....holy ****, I need to see this NOW.

I may try and catch it this week. Can't wait.

i'm looking up the cast now.

i have a Rachelle Ann Go song on my ipod from years ago lol. and i recognize Brammer from the Les Miz movie
i know nothing about Saigon, but i just read the plot. i'd go see it if i could

Go, if you get the chance. It's devastating....

also, Motown the Musical will be here in about 2 weeks and i'm considering going. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth checking out?

I haven't seen it, but you can't go wrong with the music, so it should be fun.

(this was basically my same reaction to Jersey Boys....don't remember a thing about the show, but the music was great)

Currently at intermission during my THIRD trip to Dolly. So I guess I have two obsessions right now.

Oh no....she's in her 40s now, amazing as she is, Lea playing a 17-year-old Kim is a bit of a stretch these days.

I saw her during the original run (I am old, it first opened when I was in high school). She was amazing. That scene between her and Ellen is, to this day, one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen on stage. :csad:

my mistake, i was thinking about Allegiance
http://allegiancemusical.com/

I finally got around to booking my annual trip to NYC. Seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday the first day, seeing Queen Bette on the last day, seeing Joshie in Comet somewhere in the middle, will likely stubhub Evan Hansen and fit in a few other shows.

Question for the veteran New Yawkers here: if I go see Sunset Boulevard on a Sunday, and there's only a matinee show on that day (3 pm), how likely will it be that Glenn Close does the stage door? I know at a mat where there's a second show it's not likely, but I was wondering if it's the last show of the week, whether I will get her autograph.

I haven't stage doored in years. Does Close even do it?

Well, I guess I'm going to find out. I'm addicted to it now.

they dont do stage doors here :(

I still find it ironic that the easiest autograph I've ever obtained is Mandy Patinkin after a concert in Toronto. With Jennifer Hudson, I almost cracked a rib being pressed up against a barricade and nearly came to blows with two Serbians.

Anyone who loves musical theatre needs to go to youtube and look up "How Logan Should Have Ended". :hehe:

I watched it last night and was filled with so much glee. I almost cried.

So far so good, I saw Sunday on Saturday (ha!) and got Jake and Annaleigh to sign my window card. I also saw Evan Hansen, and got my card signed by most of the cast. Saw Cats too, a definite improvement overall. And I saw War Paint and got an autograph from Christine Ebersol.

this is what's coming later this season here!

m8bU8Qg.jpg

i'm definitely seeing Sound of Music, Les Miz and Beautiful.

CC, have you seen Mormon yet? It's a lot of fun.

So far so good, I saw Sunday on Saturday (ha!) and got Jake and Annaleigh to sign my window card. I also saw Evan Hansen, and got my card signed by most of the cast. Saw Cats too, a definite improvement overall. And I saw War Paint and got an autograph from Christine Ebersol.

Look at you!

Look at you!

Tonight I am seeing Sunset Boulevard. I am going to try to get a signed window card for my fruit fly who loves this show for some reason.

Okay, I'm calling it: no disrespect to Come From Away or Dear Evan Hansen, but Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 is the best new Broadway musical this year. Hands down. It's inventive, daring, musically complex and challenges the audience. I know it won't win the Tony this year, because it's impossible to take in the road, but without a doubt it should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"