** Metal ** The Thread! II

Each album is different in some slight way. Each one evolves upon the previous album.

The intro honestly makes me think of The Cure, so clearly that influence is being brought back up. The main riff is sort of sludgish .

It's the greatest single they've had out in years, probably.

Currently listening to this:

Which led me to discovering Periphery :wow: This is my favorite track so far, but I got a long ways to go in this genre

Currently listening to this:

Which led me to discovering Periphery :wow: This is my favorite track so far, but I got a long ways to go in this genre

Oh you've got a wonderful journey ahead, my friend. :yay:

Draconian released their new album. What a great year for Doom/Gothic Metal with releases from My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost.

Wayfarer's new album from last month is a favourite of mine for 2020. For fans of "Americanized" Black Metal (Agalloch, Wolves in the Throne Room):

And for SoaD fans, two new songs from the band:

Andrew WK was never really metal, but he's certainly heading in the right direction. Crazy video.

Solid debut album. For fans of Rotting Christ.

Gojira's new album Fortitude is solid;

Elsewhere, Jinjer have completed their new album, should be out in a few months.

Scale the Summit are preparing to release their 7th album, which has been sitting, completed, on a shelf since 2019.

Metallica have written the bones of 10 songs over the last 13 months, don't know how far along in recording they are. A super-optimistic person might say it could be out by the end of the year...

Suns of the Tundra have completed writing their 5th album, last they spoke about it they were trying to find a window where they could get together to record it.

Not metal (or I'm guessing it isn't), but Jerry Cantrell has recorded his 3rd solo album, would expect it to be released later this year.

Also not metal, but really cool, Phil Anselmo put out a new project last year called En Minor, off-kilter stuff, well worth a listen:

New singles.

The new WitTR album released on Friday. Quite decent... I'll have to give it another spin or two.

New Mastodon album came out last Friday:

Yep, that's probably my favourite track on the album.

As for the album itself, I'm not really a fan of double CD releases when most of the tracklist is filled with passable songs... At 94 minutes, I felt this should have been 40-50 minutes at most.

I liked quite a few songs off of Andrew W.K. new album. I like the more metal approach he took on it, but I do miss that fun party punk rock sound he had on his first album.

Limp Bizkit's new album "Still Sucks" has really grown on me. I'm loving it. It's just a fun album. Took me back to 1999 lol. I grew up with Nu-Metal... still love it to this day.

Didn't even realize Mastodon had a new album out... I got into then around Blood Mountain. Love that album and Crack The Skye. I liked some songs off "The Hunter" but kinda haven't kept up with them much. I did like the new song they put on the DC Comics Death Metal album though.

After 6 months, the new Helloween album still rips. Such a majestic piece of music. It lived up to the hype.

Metallica has a 40th Anniversary livestream show today and Sunday.

This released just two weeks ago, but it's definitely in my Top 3 (possibly AOTY):

For melodeath fans, some recent releases are quite good also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"