Homecoming Michael Chernus IS Phineas Mason / The Tinkerer

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
michael-chernus.jpg

Michael Chernus has joined Sony Pictures and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming as one of the villains in the reboot of the franchise. Chernus will play Phineas Mason the Tinkerer in the film, which is being directed by Jon Watts and stars Tom Holland in the lead role. Chernus, whose credits include Captain Phillips, Aloha, The Bourne Legacy and Orange Is the New Black, will play opposite villain Michael Keaton.

The tentpole film is expected to swing into theaters on July 7. Fans got a first look of the film at Comic-Con last month. The next installment in the franchise also stars Marissa Tomei, Zendaya and Robert Downey Jr. Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige are producing with Eric Hauserman Carroll co-producing. The project is filming right now.

Chernus just completed The Most Hated Woman in America, Netflix’s drama feature starring Melissa Leo and Peter Fonda. He plays the son of Madalyn O’Hair (Leo), an atheist who got the Supreme Court to overturn prayer in public schools in the landmark Murray v. Curlett ruling. He is also shooting the Amazon series’ Patriot.

Deadline
Figured he deserves his own thread.

And there's this rumor regarding his role in the film..possible spoilers

Sources have revealed to us that in the Marvel Studios release, The Tinkerer will be an ex-Stark Industries employee who was personally fired by Tony Stark a few years back. Mason will be providing tech to both The Vulture (Michael Keaton) and The Shocker (Bokeem Woodbine) in the film in an attempt to prove to Stark that it was a mistake firing him. Previous rumors would point towards these items being built from repurposed Chitauri technology.

http://heroichollywood.com/tinkerer-role-spider-man-homecoming/

Last edited:
You knew one of the villains had to have a tie to Stark, lol.

Sounds reminiscent of the plot from this episode.

[YT]3xYEpbxK6i8[/YT]

Not another change to the most iconic, beloved super-villain of all time! Is nothing sacred?

I have no issues with that backstory, I'm not sure what the problem is...

My issue is that, if this is true, Shocker won't be making his own tech, which makes him less cool in my mind.

Hmmm. I hope the movie turns out okay.

This is literally about half the plot of IM3.

Not that I care, just stating facts.

That rumor is literally the ultimate tinkerer (elijah stern) except with tony stark instead of Donald Roxxon. Wouldnt surprise me if that wasnt true after all since it just so happened to appear the day after Chernus was announced

*billy madison voice*: tinkerer, more like drinkerer, amirite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"