MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I've seen a few rumours that as well as Keaton coming back to the role, DC intend to publish a series of tie-in comics showing some of Batman's adventures over the intervening 30 years. I really hope that's true!
I’ve long been iffy on the idea of a Batman ‘89 comic without Burton’s involvement, but if we’re getting a revival of Keaton’s Batman, I think a comic like this is entirely necessary.

I'm curious who they would aim for.

Liam Neeson said earlier this year he was tired of the genre. Cillian Murphy criticized the sheer number of superhero movies several years ago. Tom Hardy would probably do it, ditto for Marion Cotillard. Anne Hathaway has said several times she would love to do it again.

If anyone reprises a Nolanverse role, it will probably be a minor someone like Tom Wilkinson (Carmine Falcone), Chin Han (Lau) or Eric Roberts (Sal Maroni). WB will probably want to save the big money for the Burtonverse folks like Keaton and Pfeiffer.
I like the whole cast so I'd be happy with anyone who was up for returning. Hathaway definitely seems like one who didn't really get a chance to fully show what she can do being introduced in the final film as an important character and without the main focus. I feel we would have really seen the best of her in a subsequent film if there had been one.

I like the whole cast so I'd be happy with anyone who was up for returning. Hathaway definitely seems like one who didn't really get a chance to fully show what she can do being introduced in the final film as an important character and without the main focus. I feel we would have really seen the best of her in a subsequent film if there had been one.

All the Catwoman actors only got one movie or a short stab at the character on TV. That's why I hope Zoe Kravitz has a more prominent role throughout Reeves' trilogy.

All the Catwoman actors only got one movie or a short stab at the character on TV. That's why I hope Zoe Kravitz has a more prominent role throughout Reeves' trilogy.
True although Pfeiffer I felt was more important in Batman Returns as Bane was a dominant lead villain in TDKR compared to Penguin in BR. I hope Zoe (and Farrell) are playing recurring characters in the Reeves-verse.

I’ve long been iffy on the idea of a Batman ‘89 comic without Burton’s involvement, but if we’re getting a revival of Keaton’s Batman, I think a comic like this is entirely necessary.
Perfect opportunity to build up to the Flash. Loads of big movies have 'prequel'' comics these days. Build up the 89 universe a bit, introduce 'local' versions of classic characters like that proposal from years ago.

It's too much to ask for having the multiverse element being explored to the full. This isn't a crisis event, this is only flashpoint. But we can dream, right?

So I dream and want and wish to see the universes that CW left out of their crisis mash up.
Here we go!!!!

Dean Cain as Clark Kent (Superman isn't needed because the icon he is, he would steal the show from Bats and Flash).
But Helen Slater as Supergirl (Superwoman by now) can fly by.
Lynda Carter to appear, atleast as Diana. It would be too much with two suited up Wonder Woman's.
Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. I'm still upset we didn't see him in CW's crisis. I wanted to see him alongside their GA. We were robbed of that event.
Green Lantern? Nah, Ryan Reynolds would never don the green suit again. WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
But why can't that universe still be shown in a scene? Just ask Blake Lively to do a little cameo as Carol Ferris. It can be equal to Robert Redford's little appearance in MCU's Endgame.

Nolanverse then. Do you guys have any ideas to use that one? Maybe just refered to, but not seen?
Or Cillian Murphy to travel to Burtonverse to once again clash with Batman.

Interesting this, with bringing in multiverses.
Isn't the next Dr Strange supposed to dvelve into that too? I read somewhere that Tobey Maguire could be Peter Parker again, to some extent.
how about an alternate timeline where Jonathan Kent became Green Arrow...
6347c5b3660922ae6f723a83752f999d.jpg

:ndd:

edit: on a side note- I almost would have preferred Justin Hartley was give a second chance at Aquaman in crisis??

Last edited:
For Batman Forever Cameos. They are sitting on this footage that they have never released, and it's the flash in a pan moment that people are talking about. It's unseen and has both Chris O'Donnel and Val Kilmer in costume together :D
OIP.orMyDSVe-srfGnouNFuwxAHaDt

Billy Dee Williams is trying to get in better health these days and returned from Star Wars (Granted that was an overall MUCH bigger role then what Harvey Became *Really wish it was him instead of Max Shreck -not that I hate Shreck-*) but his Two-Face is another mystery of "What would Burton do?"

For Batman Forever Cameos. They are sitting on this footage that they have never released, and it's the flash in a pan moment that people are talking about. It's unseen and has both Chris O'Donnel and Val Kilmer in costume together :D
OIP.orMyDSVe-srfGnouNFuwxAHaDt

Billy Dee Williams is trying to get in better health these days and returned from Star Wars (Granted that was an overall MUCH bigger role then what Harvey Became *Really wish it was him instead of Max Shreck -not that I hate Shreck-*) but his Two-Face is another mystery of "What would Burton do?"
Nah that was for the video game ad broski. I’ve seen a full colored version of it ...

Plus Robin sucks, Batman is better as a loner. No need for limp wrist Batsy with a 21 year old “ward” playing dress up with him.

Hell its even worse if he’s a child.

Nah that was for the video game ad broski. I’ve seen a full colored version of it ...

Plus Robin sucks, Batman is better as a loner. No need for limp wrist Batsy with a 21 year old “ward” playing dress up with him.

Hell its even worse if he’s a child.
It's often mistaken as such but in the commercial they're on a building and it's the stunt doubles (who if I recall, shot the final ending in the film of them running in front of the Batsignal)

1995 Batman.com : Batman Forever Deleted Scenes - Part 2

A snapshot of a production draft copy I have
106236378-291533738712814-6038611304924869242-n.jpg

It sounds like Keaton is on board and his Batman feels a better fit for the heightened, comic-booky nature of the DCEU anyway.
True.
Keaton and some other pre-DCU films are more comic book esque than Nolanverse.

I'd love to see Burton's take on Ventriloquist, Man-Bat, Clayface, Court of Owls (imagine Burton's version of those Owl nests, hidden for years in those 'Old Gotham' buildings!).

In the '66 world, I honestly don't think it would have altered much at all :funny: In a Burton, Schumacher, Nolan, or Snyder world, I think it would definitely start to incorporate some armoured protection. A Nightwing suit in the style of Keaton's Batman Returns suit could be a cool concept.
1. Oh, so you don't want one of the "arch nemises" to appear?
I must applaud you for suggesting other villains. You know so much more about Batman's world than me :)
The ones you suggest, I mostly know by name only.

2. Haha, the 66-world never evolves, it's static. No matter what decade, Batman doesn't get a new car, the computers in Batcave are always the same :)
I noted that the circus costumes in BF 1995 are almost identical to 66-Robin's suit.
I know it's a concious nod to the 1966 version. But it can also be something to think about. The Flying Grayson did always have that look. The family have been with the circus for decades, and every new generation get a new set of performance outfits in the very same design.
Wait, what if 66-verse evolves into something similar as the Schumacher films? It's possible to happen between 66-95 if there's an always increase in economy. In about 30 years, America evolved almost as much as a century by our real world's standard.
Only visually that is. Because the Dynamic Duo wouldn't still be around. Only Dick Grayson could still fight crime by then, but he would be about 45 years old.

Last edited:
Oh, I read quickly through the article. It's mentioning of another bigger Crisis event, on the same scale as Endgame.
And characters from franchises in the past. Yes, that would include 66-verse, I hope.
Burt Ward was an old man in the Crisis cameo. Now it's time to get to the middle-ground with that Dick Grayson. Not a boy, not an aged has been, but a guy in his 30s.
Just do it, Warner!!!! And give him atleast some character depth, not have him be only a one-dimensional comic relief.

And Lynda Carter and the others too, I want to se them :)
Then we have Helen Slater, and did you think about that she's actually from Christopher Reeve's universe :O :O :O
We can't have him, but we can actually have her!!!!!!!

how about an alternate timeline where Jonathan Kent became Green Arrow...
hMf-ZPIRJHoXmzBRqoCKBuBQBQoagjCOhnQb5xNyci0D7K7VmeHkpythrftgvbkP7mVOE-FXFQ7QONjHn_PdpiwdeQlZd30NkZdfVFYJRD1nJP_67ZYLypD_mFBm2ebD__U-JjLkHQQQMDKj3yp60plB7vUgdEaMQo7TRL9-PkBbn4YztP05EL6U2YTqy7uvGLWBI-w

:ndd:

edit: on a side note- I almost would have preferred Justin Hartley was give a second chance at Aquaman in crisis??
Kent as GA? Where did you get that from?

Was never a fan of Hartley's try-out as Aquaman. He lacked something visually.
Alan Ritchson did the character better

Last edited:
^it was a joke, since he had previously played Robin Hood

edit: just noticed the pic I posted with that was broken, so I guess that probably didn't make much sense out of context

Last edited:
Haha, the 66-world never evolves, it's static. No matter what decade, Batman doesn't get a new car, the computers in Batcave are always the same :)
:funny:

I noted that the circus costumes in BF 1995 are almost identical to 66-Robin's suit.
I know it's a concious nod to the 1966 version. But it can also be something to think about. The Flying Grayson did always have that look. The family have been with the circus for decades, and every new generation get a new set of performance outfits in the very same design.
Wait, what if 66-verse evolves into something similar as the Schumacher films? It's possible to happen between 66-95 if there's an always increase in economy. In about 30 years, America evolved almost as much as a century by our real world's standard.
Only visually that is. Because the Dynamic Duo wouldn't still be around. Only Dick Grayson could still fight crime by then, but he would be about 45 years old.
Funnily enough I rewatched Batman Forever earlier tonight. Yes, definitely an intentional nod to the classic/'66 Robin costume. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say that the '66 world evolved into the Forever world (even more so the B&R world, but I try to pretend that movie doesn't exist!). As you say, original Batman would be out of the picture, but Dick could now be Batman, with his own Robin. The idea of decades of generations of Flying Graysons is cool, and that could be where Dick-Bats gets his Robin; he'd be a relative :up:

Oh, I read quickly through the article. It's mentioning of another bigger Crisis event, on the same scale as Endgame.
And characters from franchises in the past. Yes, that would include 66-verse, I hope.
Burt Ward was an old man in the Crisis cameo. Now it's time to get to the middle-ground with that Dick Grayson. Not a boy, not an aged has been, but a guy in his 30s.
Just do it, Warner!!!! And give him atleast some character depth, not have him be only a one-dimensional comic relief.

And Lynda Carter and the others too, I want to se them :)
Then we have Helen Slater, and did you think about that she's actually from Christopher Reeve's universe :O :O :O
We can't have him, but we can actually have her!!!!!!!
I would say yes to all this! :yay:

Not to mention to keep up with the MCU, the only actors on the DC side capable of similar range, and level of acting chops to carry a film or franchise as an elite actor like a Robert Downey Jr ... is Michael Keaton and Christian Bale.

And the latter would've never been an option.

Never underestimate one's ability to make a marvel/dc thing.

Anyways......Keaton and Bale so colour me excited. Only thing I'd ask is that they don't change his Wayne too much as I know they're inevitably going to try and insert comedy into his character.

:funny:

Funnily enough I rewatched Batman Forever earlier tonight. Yes, definitely an intentional nod to the classic/'66 Robin costume. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say that the '66 world evolved into the Forever world (even more so the B&R world, but I try to pretend that movie doesn't exist!). As you say, original Batman would be out of the picture, but Dick could now be Batman, with his own Robin. The idea of decades of generations of Flying Graysons is cool, and that could be where Dick-Bats gets his Robin; he'd be a relative :up:

I would say yes to all this! :yay:
Now I'm exited. 66-verse to evolve into neon-Gotham :yay:
It actually deserves a laugh too :funny:
Good idea with every new Robin to be from the circus :)

Now to something else. You wrote something about a rumour regarding time travel in WW84. What was it?
I really want to see what's in that film, if it's time travel and also something else there also works as a hint for the multiverse.
Flash and WW are both DCU. Maybe him messing with time is the reason behind it all. Speed Force can be involved, and that what opens the portal? Maybe several, to a number of other DC universes.
Is it here that Lynda Carter can come into play, later on? And how will that be done?
To what extent can she appear? Will she only be a mysterious older woman who offers advice to Gadot's Diana?

What kind of Crisis event do you think WB will plan? Can we get all previous live action DC incarnations to work together at the battlefield? Or is it impossible to get to the Endgame level?

I also think I read that Nicolas Cage were offered to appear in Arrowverse's Crisis. He never came through the pre-production stage with Superman Lives, but there have been pics of him in the suit, since forever at Internet. And there's been a "what if" thinking ever since.
Burton was in charge of that film. Do you think it's a chance that he now can infuse some of his ideas for Supes, if he's back at the helm now with Keaton?
A glowing transparent suit, hahahaa. That would be something special.
If we also get a Dean Cain cameo as Clark Kent (I really want that), maybe it's too Superman-centered?
But I don't think we'll get everything at the same time now in Flashpoint. It should be Batman-centered.
But along the line, we'll get sequels for Aquaman and Shazam. Maybe that's where some of it can be included.

Back to WW84. What if 66-verse's Grayson won't be from 1986, but actually from 1984.
Oh, I want to see the film already now to see if there's hints about multiverse there.
Maxwell Lord is in the film, right?
Can he have advanced tech that can open portals (instead of Flash)? Is some of his tech transfered around the multiverse? Does he go into a portal himself?
Is THIS how the a bit more static 66-verse suddenly can suddenly fast into neon-Gotham?
Something or someone goes through the portal and forever changes 66-verse. It could be an object (or tech) that don't belong there, it doesn't work with the 66-universe's laws of physics.
Or it could be a person with knowledge that sets 66-verse on the path to destruction (Maxwell).
Flashpoint takes place in 2022-23, right? Maybe it means we can have Burt Ward appear, after all? It's easier to accept a 30-35 year old Grayson if it's clear that Burt plays him as an old man. That way, we know it's him.
Wihout it, non-fanboys won't really understand who's that guy is. The only think he's a 80s playboy yuppie in a comic booky world.
Old man Burt can see a way to right the wrongs when he learns to know that there's a Flash who can time travel (but it was his fault all along, creating the portal, haha).
And on top of that, he gets to meet another Batman who's still alive. Imagine them meeting. :eek:
I think of it as something similar to X-men DOFP. By the time of Flashpoint, things can be really bad for 66-verse. It's beyond saving. There are no heroes left and maybe is so filled with organized crime and corrupt cops it equals Nolanverse in that area. But it can ofcourse still be neon-Gotham. The only way is to go back to 1984 and change. So it's like DOFP (without sentinels), and also the alternate 1985 in BTTF 2.
Burt's role can equal Xavier's in DOFP.
I suggested Kevin Zegers for the role. But it can be Logan Lerman or any other other young actor.
I even have a solution for how to make it clear it's Burt's Grayson. They should do what they did in Looper when JGL's face was changed with cgi to make him look more like a younger Bruce Willis.

Now to something else. You wrote something about a rumour regarding time travel in WW84. What was it?
There weren't really any details. As I remember, it was about a year to 18 months ago. The story going round was that time travel would play a significant part in WW84, including her reuniting with Steve Trevor. Of course, the internet ran wild with speculation :yay: Many were sure that meant Miller's Flash would be appearing in WW84. Some thought the Flashpoint story might actually be in two parts, spread across Flash and WW84. And some were saying that it could explain why she's active in 1984, when BvS said she's been out of action since 1918.

I really want to see what's in that film, if it's time travel and also something else there also works as a hint for the multiverse.
Flash and WW are both DCU. Maybe him messing with time is the reason behind it all. Speed Force can be involved, and that what opens the portal? Maybe several, to a number of other DC universes.
Is it here that Lynda Carter can come into play, later on? And how will that be done?
To what extent can she appear? Will she only be a mysterious older woman who offers advice to Gadot's Diana?
I'd love Lynda Carter back. She was in the CW Supergirl show (as the US President, I believe) for a while. It'd be great to see her interact face to face with Gadot onscreen.

What kind of Crisis event do you think WB will plan? Can we get all previous live action DC incarnations to work together at the battlefield? Or is it impossible to get to the Endgame level?
That would be the dream, wouldn't it. If only all of these actors were (a) interested, (b) still at the top of their game, and (c) desperate for money! :funny:

I also think I read that Nicolas Cage were offered to appear in Arrowverse's Crisis. He never came through the pre-production stage with Superman Lives, but there have been pics of him in the suit, since forever at Internet. And there's been a "what if" thinking ever since.
Burton was in charge of that film. Do you think it's a chance that he now can infuse some of his ideas for Supes, if he's back at the helm now with Keaton?

I read that about Cage being offered a part in Crisis. I'm not sure how involved Burton will be in any of this, if at all; although there was the story going round that one of Keaton's conditions for coming back was a Batman Beyond movie directed by Burton. That's something I'd love to see happen :yay:

Maxwell Lord is in the film, right?
Can he have advanced tech that can open portals (instead of Flash)? Is some of his tech transfered around the multiverse? Does he go into a portal himself?
Has that been confirmed about Lord? WW neck-snap on the way! :funny:

Flashpoint takes place in 2022-23, right? Maybe it means we can have Burt Ward appear, after all? It's easier to accept a 30-35 year old Grayson if it's clear that Burt plays him as an old man. That way, we know it's him.
Wihout it, non-fanboys won't really understand who's that guy is. The only think he's a 80s playboy yuppie in a comic booky world.
Old man Burt can see a way to right the wrongs when he learns to know that there's a Flash who can time travel (but it was his fault all along, creating the portal, haha).
Maybe we could have Old Man Burt reminiscing about his Robin days, with some clips of the '66 show!

Why Michael Keaton Reprising Batman For The Flash Movie Is A Bad Idea

Something and nothing really, but these paragraphs did give me pause to think,

If The Flash bombs and Michael Keaton’s Batman is involved with the intention of spinning off Batman Beyond, the chance of a Batman Beyond movie will fall faster than the Joker into a vat of chemicals. Batman fans' dream of seeing Batman Beyond on the big screen could be dashed.

Instead, if they just ditched this idea and cut to the chase and put Michael Keaton’s Batman in a Batman Beyond movie devoid of a connection to the Flash, there’s little doubt in my mind Batman fans will sign up immediately. Fans don't need a cameo or a setup movie, they’ll already be on board. Just make the Batman Beyond movie. It’s what Michael Keaton’s Batman deserves.

If they jump straight to Batman Beyond, he’s out of the Batman role and we might not even see him in-costume.

I’ll take this approach.

Theoretically, they could still have him be Batman in a Beyond movie, it's not like these things are 1:1 translations anyway. Have him be an old Batman who's losing a step, so has a protege in Terry/Barbara/Carrie/whoever to help lighten the load (or that person kind of forces their way into his life), then at the end of the second act or whatever he gets seriously injured and pulls an Agent K "I haven't been training a partner, I've been training a replacement" and sends the new kid off to fight the final fight while he assists remotely from the Batcave like Alfred used to for him.

I posted this in the Batman Returns thread...

It's an exciting idea that we may be getting a sequel with Keaton in some way soon.
If we do then I hope it leads to a Batman Beyond film.
Just any continuation of Keaton as Batman is extremely exciting.
Hopefully its to a place that doesnt ruin the two Burton films when viewing them and knowing where his Batman actually finishes past Batman Returns.

So Keaton reintroduction in the Flash, supporting roles for Batgirl and Batman Beyond, possible cameos in other films.

Here's me thinking this was all a fantasy mere months ago! I'd given up on the DCEU but the bugger pulled me right back in :p

Just any continuation of Keaton as Batman is extremely exciting.
Hopefully its to a place that doesnt ruin the two Burton films when viewing them and knowing where his Batman actually finishes past Batman Returns.
I remember some people felt bad seeing that the Routh/Reeve Superman became Kingdom Come Supes on the CW's Crisis, despite Routh's performance being praised pretty much across the board.

There weren't really any details. As I remember, it was about a year to 18 months ago. The story going round was that time travel would play a significant part in WW84, including her reuniting with Steve Trevor. Of course, the internet ran wild with speculation :yay: Many were sure that meant Miller's Flash would be appearing in WW84. Some thought the Flashpoint story might actually be in two parts, spread across Flash and WW84. And some were saying that it could explain why she's active in 1984, when BvS said she's been out of action since 1918.
I must have missed this.
But there's something going on with Trevor. It's a secret until the film comes out.
Maybe it's not him but a look-a-like?
Or Trevor from another universe? That blows my mind!!!!!
And not the least, there's something about that golden eagle armour. Is it linked to the Hawks in DCU, unlike the comics where it's her own.
Did she get it from another universe? :O
Can Chris Pine be Carter Hall of an alternate earth?

Flashpoint storyline to expand through a few films can be good. Then they won't force everything into one single film.
WW related stuff only in her film, perhaps one another female hero. To get an all-women's perspective.
Helen Slater can work. We don't actually need to see her in the suit, until towards the end. With her, we get the Reeve-universe represented.

Dean Cain can do the same for maybe the Shazam film. Because Billy Batson is such a Superman-fanboy.
Think about it. We really don't know if the faceless Supes in school's cafeteria was Cavill. :cwink:

Cain can appear as an unnamed man (maybe a reporter) until the post credit's sequence, when he starts running in a back alley, opening his shirt revealing Superman logo. And the audience will cheer!
It's a great building up to next DCU film in line.

I'd love Lynda Carter back. She was in the CW Supergirl show (as the US President, I believe) for a while. It'd be great to see her interact face to face with Gadot onscreen.
Of course the other major multiverse character in WW84 should be Lynda.
I remember her well on Supergirl.
It's a really amazing dream to have both her and Gadot together. I really hope it will make sense in the story. Also, Lynda needs to have a worthy role to play in the plot.

Cain and Slater were also on Supergirl. But neither of the three took up the old superhero persona in Crisis. That's weird, and annoying.
Did they plan on saving them for a later cross-over that's bigger? Was this the plan all along?

That would be the dream, wouldn't it. If only all of these actors were (a) interested, (b) still at the top of their game, and (c) desperate for money! :funny:
I think they will do it because they have interest in doing so.
I's not like Tom Welling agreed to do Crisis because he wanted the money.
Welling is even consistant about his version of the character being the same.
I read that he would have hung up the phone if he was to appear in costume.
Smallville-Clark don't wear tights, period!!! Lol

I read that about Cage being offered a part in Crisis. I'm not sure how involved Burton will be in any of this, if at all; although there was the story going round that one of Keaton's conditions for coming back was a Batman Beyond movie directed by Burton. That's something I'd love to see happen :yay:
Does it mean that Burton has to share director's chair with another for Flashpoint, and that Burton takes care of every Batman scene? Or else Keaton will turn it down?

I'm also curious about Burton's engagement in this. Can he do more DCU-films after this? Maybe BB as you say, but will he try to finally get his SL off the ground?
Do we want that to be done?
Not sure if Cage is the right guy for this, if he ever was. They might need to go for another actor.
But a long-haired Supes in that Burton-suit might be the strangest thing we ever will see. :wow:

Maybe we could have Old Man Burt reminiscing about his Robin days, with some clips of the '66 show!
That'll work too.
But I prefer to have him having a more active role.
Why should we only see an old man sitting alone, thinking about the past, if it doesn't play a part of the plot?
Burt should interact with some of the other characters.

If/when there's time travel back to 1984 in the 66-verse, and Dick Grayson of that year meets Keaton's Batman. What will be his reaction?
Something similar to a "Holy rubber face!" line. The whole audience will laugh out loud.

If Flashpoint indeed is Batman-centered, it won't just be Keaton. Then it will only be Flash and Batman. A second version of the Bat-world would make it possible to call the film Batman-centered.
Affleck is out, Pattinson is a thing of it's own, Clooney isn't wanted because he did the worst film, Kilmer has problems with his voice.
It could be the Bruce from Titans, who also was in GoT.
But I see it it more likely to have a Robin to represent another Bat-universe.
That leaves only with three choices:
*The disliked Titan's show (but Brenton is a good actor, though)
* Chris O'Donnell. But he will make one little appearance even if it's another major Robin.
*66-verse, Burt coming back and then someone else to play him younger, because Burt can't fight, he's too old.

A sidenote is that Dick Grayson become Nightwing after the Crisis event in comic books.
And the live action Crisis happened in Arrowverse :)
So the Grayson we get in Flashpoint can recently have left Robin behind him to become Nightwing.
Does Nightwing sound like something out of the 1980s? Then they can play something out of it in Flashpoint?
COIE was published 1985-86. And WW84 takes place just before that. Hmmmm, intriguing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"