Miller and Dean Semler Panel on May 31

Nolan, I believe he once stated that he doesn't want to make Batman campy, thus the reason why he won't be using Robin, and being base in a realistic world. So how would Superman work.

Who's to say Nolan has anything to do with a WF film? Nolan does his three Batman films with Bale and then he leaves that character forever. Bale may go on to do a WF film with Routh if WB ever decides to go that route. I think the chances are small of a WF film with Bale and Routh actually happening anyway, but I'm not ready to rule it out.

Never say never, money does change people's mind, but Bale would probably want to take on different roles in his career.... plus throwing twice the money at an actor for half the screen-time isn't all that great of a decision for a studio

The same studio that spent countless money on failed Superman projects? The same studio that gave $200 mil for a Superman movie that did not even feature a superpowered villain for Superman to battle? The same studio that has its head up its ass when it comes to what to do next with either releasing JLA or MOS or both? That same studio, right?

Well, a substantial piece of news did emerge from the Australian Cinematographer Society conference.

The guest of honour at the ACS ceremony was Oscar winner Dean Semler (Dances with Wolves). He had hoped to team up soon with George Miller on the superhero adaptation Justice League: Mortal, but that film has temporarily fallen in a heap. So Semler is off to shoot the next film by Roland Emmerich, the man who so ably destroyed things in Independence Day, Godzilla and The Day After Tomorrow. He has John Cusack, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Oliver Platt signed up for 2012, a film about global cataclysm. Semler says it will be "the end-of-the-world picture to end all end-of-the-world pictures. He can't do another."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23806071-16955,00.html

Checking around, I find that 2012 is scheduled to begin shooting in July, barring an actors strike, for a July 2009 release. The timing would still allow Semler to join JL:M for a ~November shoot if that's the direction this film takes.

It's depressing that Semler's doing a Roland Emmerich film.

Herm. :o

Well, I must admit I have an interest in seeing a Justice League movie one day. It's interesting that none of these Australian sources says the film is 'dead'.

I had earlier (in April) reported on its apparent demise on my blog:
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/04/justice-league-mortal-superher.html

And I've now done an update on what's been said in Australia, simply for the sake of following anything publicly said about this project.
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/06/league.html

I do have a soft spot for this movie project, though I realise it has inherent problems. But that's not to say it shouldn't be made at all.

Cinematographers gotta eat too, I guess. Yeah, it's not Citizen Kane, but it is a big budget special F/X extravaganza, and Semler now appears interested in working on those kinds of films that use cutting edge technologies and effects.
X-Maniac said:
And I've now done an update on what's been said in Australia, simply for the sake of following anything publicly said about this project.
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...06/league.html
That nicely summarizes the latest on this movie. Thanks!

Well, a substantial piece of news did emerge from the Australian Cinematographer Society conference.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23806071-16955,00.html

Checking around, I find that 2012 is scheduled to begin shooting in July, barring an actors strike, for a July 2009 release. The timing would still allow Semler to join JL:M for a ~November shoot if that's the direction this film takes.
Thanks for the article.
It's possible that he could do a November shoot but everyone seems to be moving on to other projects. That's not a good sign for the film.

Herm. :o
They've got a really good cast for 2012 so i for one for am going check it out when it's released.

Thanks for the article.
It's possible that he could do a November shoot but everyone seems to be moving on to other projects. That's not a good sign for the film.
Hmm, I'm not aware of anyone, cast or crew, who's schedule will keep them occupied during that time frame. Yes, people are moving on to other things, but it's basically all short term work. Naturally, as time progresses, things could change and that short term work could become long term work. But for the moment, as far as we know, all these people are free come this fall.

Cinematographers gotta eat too, I guess. Yeah, it's not Citizen Kane, but it is a big budget special F/X extravaganza, and Semler now appears interested in working on those kinds of films that use cutting edge technologies and effects.

True enough, I guess.

Some pics from the event courtesy of misadventures of brad, kim, & amelia:

img028ur3.jpg

Saturday, 31 May 2008
ACS 50th (Day 4)

The fourth day began with two industry panels...the first of which was "The Collaborators", discussing the relationship of Director and Director of Photography (DoP), and what a line up it was!

(left to right - Don McApline, ACS, ASC; Bruce Beresford (Dir, Driving Miss Daisy); Peter James, ACS, ASC (DoP, 27 Dresses, Cheaper by the Dozen 2); George Miller (Dir, Justice League, Happy Feet, Babe 2, Mad Max trilogy); and Dean Semler, ACS, ASC (DoP, Get Smart, Apocalypto, Dances with Wolves)

img0293bz1.jpg

After the panel I chatted with George Miller

img030qv3.jpg

Posing with the ACS 50th Guest of Honour, Dean Semler, ACS, ASC (can't wait to see the new Get Smart film he just finished)
Source:http://kimbrad.blogspot.com/2008/06/acs-50th-day-4.html

Why is George Miller still wearing those silly "old lady" glasses? Hell, they remind me of a old lady at my elementary school that wear 'em like that. It like he's a librarian. :oldrazz:

He looks like an older Harry Potter or (where's) waldo. lol

he style is different. i wonder how would hes movie look. style and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"