Monica Rambeau

I wouldn't introduce Monica in a Black Panther film. I know the fans have some odd preoccupation with trying to make her into a made in Hong Kong version of Storm, but I feel introducing a superhero with a completely separate powers with no ties to Wakanda would be a little much from a narrative standpoint.

If they must try to hook her up with T'Challa, introduce her in another film first and then maybe have her appear in a BP sequel.

I'd say introduce her as a friend/colleague of Carol Danvers and then have her get powers near the end of the movie or the start of the sequel, but that's kind of what they already did with Rhodey. But I guess they could change up the situation a bit.

Last edited:
I really would prefer to make her city-based police, myself. Reason being that it would more readily lead to the "Superman as female cop" angle I think could turn her into something distinctive.

The Coast Guard is a great position of authority. Plus we need more settings outside land.

Captain_Marvel_special_1.jpg

1. Kerry Washington
2. Naomie Harris
3. Nicole Beharie
4. Paula Patton
5. Aja Naomi King
6. Regina Hall
7. Gabrielle Union
8. Taraji P. Henson
9. Gugu Mbatha Raw
10. Tika Sumpter
11. Kylie Bunbury
12. Amber Stevens

2052831-knight.png

1. Yaya DeCosta
2. Meagan Good
3. Rutina Wesley
4. Tracie Thoms
5. Monica Raymund
6. Keke Palmer
7. Lindy Greenwood (Jenny from Sleepy Hollow)
8. Sanaa Lathan

bp+shuri.jpg

1. Lupita Nyong'o
2. Danai Gurira
3. Erica Tazel
4. Samira Wiley

Last edited:
Was thinking about this thread since Black Panther movie was announced. Monica could be Marvels cinemas replacement for Storm. Black Panther and Photon could be the new Wakandan power couple.

I think that's giving Storm's role in the BP franchise way too much credit. Don't get me wrong, I love Storm and she's been my favorite female X-Man since I was a kid

But she's not so integral to the franchise that Marvel needs to shoehorn Monica into being her replacement. T'Challa has had other love interests before Storm and he'll have other love interests now that they're divorced. Plus the way the marriage was handled in the comics was really dumb.

And honestly, trying to make Monica into a Storm clone is a disservice to both women.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is recommending using Monica as a Storm "clone." I think people are moreso saying that Marvel could use the character to fill the void of Storm. Particularly since Monica has admitted being attracted to T'Challa.

TChalla_Rambeau_2.jpg

TChalla_Rambeau_1.jpg

And, apparently, some of the Wakandans like the idea:

Monica_Rambeau_1.jpg

Granted, Storm only represents a relatively small portion of T'Challa's life, and yes, there were love interests before, and there will be love interests afterwards. But much of T'Challa's narrative in the new millennium has involved Ororo. In real time, they were married for six years (don't know how that translates to in-universe time).

More than likely, Marvel Studios will either use Monica Lynne or create an entirely new character if they want the cinematic T'Challa to have a love interest. And that's fine with me...I've always liked the Monica Lynne character.

But IF they are looking to unite T'Challa with a superpowered love interest, why not use Monica Rambeau? I'm not saying give her Storm's power set, background or character traits. I'm just saying that this could be an opportunity to introduce arguably Marvel's second most powerful Black superheroine into the MCU. It would just require some altering of Monica's backstory, and Marvel Studios has certainly demonstrated that they are willing to do that when it suits their needs. As others have said, instead of being in the New Orleans harbor patrol, she could be in the Coast Guard or the U.S. Navy.

All of that being said, I don't think it's likely. IF Monica Rambeau is introduced, I think it is more likely that we would see her in the Captain Marvel movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"