Monkey Man | Dev Patel directs and stars

This was so good. I mostly went in blind, all I had seen was snippets of the trailer but I was impressed. Dev Patel is one talented dude. I'd say that EON should just give him the role of James Bond after this but honestly I'd rather just see him do more of his own stuff like this.

Yup this is really good, it’s got all the things drama, action, humor, good visuals.

Due to time constraints, I'm going to have to choose between this and The First Omen tomorrow. :thf:

That training montage. Full stop.

giphy.gif

Dev Patel on directing Monkey Man and surviving disaster:​

Not bad for a movie whose entire production budget was apparently $10 million.
I'm not sure what the actual production budget was, IIRRC $10 million is what it sold for after Peele wrestled it away from Netflix' clutches.

Either way, this was a blast at the theater. Great action, and culturally/thematically rich enough to be way more than just "Indian John Wick" like a lot of people were calling it. Patel is obviously incredible, but it was also great to see Sharlto Copley in something again and I loved Pitobsh Tripathi. Big Peter Lorre vibes from that guy.

Only $28 million total worldwide apparently. :(
Still a plus for something that was originally meant to go to streaming and only having a budget of $10 million, isn't it? I can't imagine they spent a lot of money on marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"