2009 mtv movie award nominations

God, this is like hell's version of the Oscars.

TDK in the same catagory with HSM3 gives me the heebie jeebies.

Ahh... you know what 'ol Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Where in the hell is Hulk vs. Abomination for best fight, dammit?

Agreed. When I first saw TIH I was thinking that fight needs to be nominated.

The same thing happened at this year's Kids Choice Awards.

MTV let their viewers go on their website and decide the nominees for the first time and because MTV's demographic now consists mainly of tweens that accounts for the undeserved but inevitable TWILIGHT and HSM 3 nominations.

High School Musical 3 vs. Dark Knight. And you thought you we're pi$$ed that the Reader took away a potential spot for TDK, imagine the irate fanboys if that lame musical one up's it because of the feathery flakes that would vote for an MTV award.

Ahh... you know what 'ol Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Love the Big Trouble in Little China reference.

You know, that's one movie I'd love to see them make a 20-years-or-so-later sequel too. It would probably be a bad idea, but I can't help but want to see more Jack Burton. I think Kurt Russell could still pull off the character. He acted like an evil Burton in Death Proof (and was the only good thing in that stupid film).

You know, that's one movie I'd love to see them make a 20-years-or-so-later sequel too. It would probably be a bad idea, but I can't help but want to see more Jack Burton. I think Kurt Russell could still pull off the character. He acted like an evil Burton in Death Proof (and was the only good thing in that stupid film).
I'm one of those guys who personally believes that there's no other way to pull off a sequel to 'Big Trouble in Little China' without making it "bad". The first one was "bad", but it was fun as all hell. It never takes itself too seriously for a moment. It's all about how much they can ham it up. As long as they don't turn it into a spoof, or a blatant attempt at making it "bad" for the proposes of making it "bad", I'm all for it. As long as it's got the heart of the original, what the hell.

I have a feeling that Twilight will sweep.Was it too soon for Watchmen?

I also hope Snake Plissken comes back for one last hurrah.

The Expendables could have been so much better if Kurt Russell was in it. Instead his agent turned down the role for him, even if he had no idea that he was being offered a role in that movie.

I have a feeling that Twilight will sweep.Was it too soon for Watchmen?

Fast & Furious has a nomination and it came out after Watchmen. The Comedian and Ozymandias were two of the choices people could have had nominated for best villain. So yeah, Watchmen got ignored.

I'm a bit irritated that once again Daniel Craig got ignored for his roles as James Bond.

Twilight will sweep the awards. Ignorant Teenage girls will spam the voting for Twilight

Twilight will sweep the awards. Ignorant Teenage girls will spam the voting for Twilight

LOL I don't know I think it will be between those High School Musical fans and Twilight fans this year :oldrazz:

This is an oscar show run by tweens. Poor Robert Downey Jr and Shia don't have a chance between those thousands and thousands of Zac and Robert Pattinson fan girls.Can't wait to see the results *WE*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"