2009 mtv movie award nominations

Sandler won it last year. Rumours are it may go either to Ben Stiller or Denzel Washington.

Denzel and MTV Movie Awards..........that doesn't fit at all, but he's highly respected.

Denzel and MTV Movie Awards..........that doesn't fit at all, but he's highly respected.

Washington won the Best Male Performance award for Malcolm X back in '93 and the Best Villain prize for Training Day in '01. Plus he's been nominated for Best Male performance for both CRIMSON TIDE and AMERICAN GANGSTER.

Despite being older and slightly more respected, acting-wise, than most of the MTV Generation movie stars (Cruise, Carrey, Sandler) he's always been pretty much embraced by the demographic that votes for these awards.

Washington won the Best Male Performance award for Malcolm X back in '93 and the Best Villain prize for Training Day in '01. Plus he's been nominated for Best Male performance for both CRIMSON TIDE and AMERICAN GANGSTER.

Despite being older and slightly more respected, acting-wise, than most of the MTV Generation movie stars (Cruise, Carrey, Sandler) he's always been pretty much embraced by the demographic that votes for these awards.

I haven't been paying attention to he MTV Movie Awards, but okay that makes sense.

Bah, say no to Marketing Television.

When was the last time MTV played music? 1990?

The Reader of all movies being nominated for an MTV Movie Award is a big enough WTF moment to also be nominated for the biggest WTF Moment Award

best fight anne hathaway vs kate hudson bride wars

The Reader of all movies being nominated for an MTV Movie Award is a big enough WTF moment to also be nominated for the biggest WTF Moment Award

I despised The Reader but the MTV Movie Awards, in the good ol days (the 1990s), nominated some movies that were out of place alongside the popcorn fare. SCHINDLER'S LIST was nominated for Best Movie whilst the likes of David Fincher's SEVEN, MENACE 2 SOCIETY and PULP FICTION won the top award.

In a Best movie list featuring HSM 3 and TWILIGHT those kind of movies getting recognition would be unthinkable today. I'm only surprised at the inclusion of Winslet's performance because the film didn't really do that well prior to it's Oscar nominations. I mean barely anyone saw it in theatres.

Wow, I know this award isn't meant to be taken seriously, but I don't think the producers intend it to be viewed as a complete f***in joke.

Yet another case of "it was a lot better in the old days". I still remember when Chewbacca got his Lifetime Achievement Award, with a medal given by Carrie Fisher and everything. These days MTV doesn't have half the wit and humor they had back then.

I'm surprised The Reader and Milk were big enough movies to get nominated in an MTV award show.

I'm surprised people are stupid enough to watch MTV in the first place.

If Bale wins, what are the odds he'd actually be there?

If Bale wins, what are the odds he'd actually be there?

Hey, Johnny Depp was there was last year.(Even though he was backstage the whole time)

Last edited:
As ******ed as always. They could atleast TRY to look good.

:funny: I wonder how many of MTV's regular viewers actually saw 'The Reader', I imagine they saw the title and went "ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH books" and grabbed their i pod's.

They should've called the movie "The Reader with naked Kate Winslet". That'll pull in some serious BO money for sure. :oldrazz:

Hopefully, Dwayne Johnson doesn't do a sketch where he's in drag, like he was at the Kids Choice Awards....if he shows up, which he probably will.

Don't the actors usually dress casually for this awards show?

They didn't even have spoofs last year and that pissed me off! Stupid Mike Meyers. It was just a big promo for The Love Guru and look who that movie turned out.

well they did have that video made by Stiller, Black, and Downey Jr. promoting Tropic Thunder. That was pretty funny.

well they did have that video made by Stiller, Black, and Downey Jr. promoting Tropic Thunder. That was pretty funny.

And thus started the hype of the greatness of Tropic Thunder. Who knew that "Never go Full ******" and "I'm the dude who's playing the dude disguised as another dude" would equal an Oscar Nomination? I don't think anyone thought that when the film first came out.

LOL I don't have much else to do tonight so I'm gonna vote in this.

Hard choice between Slumdog Millionare and TDK, but every thing else is a no-brainer. :o

edit: Gah, you have to make an account on MTV to do it...screw that.

Hopefully, Dwayne Johnson doesn't do a sketch where he's in drag, like he was at the Kids Choice Awards....if he shows up, which he probably will.

It took me days to get that image out of my head, but now it's back. Thanks a lot.:o

Where in the hell is Hulk vs. Abomination for best fight, dammit?

Here they officially are:-

Best Movie

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
High School Musical 3
Slumdog Millionaire
Twilight

Best Male Performance

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight)
Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)
Vin Diesel (Fast and Furious)
Zac Efron (HSM 3)
Shia Labeouf (Eagle Eye)

Best Female Performance

Anne Hathaway (Bride Wars)
Angelina Jolie (Wanted)
Tajari P.Henson (The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button)
Kristin Stewart (Twilight)
Kate Winslet (The Reader)

Best Breakthrough-Female

Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia)
Ashley Tisdale (HSM 3)
Frieda Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire)
Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist)
Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana The Movie)
Vanessa Hudgens (HSM 3)

Best Breakthrough-Male

Ben Barnes (The Chronicles of Narnia-Prince Caspian)
Bobb'e J Thompson (Role Models)
Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire)
Robert Pattinson (Twilight)
Taylor Lautner (Twilight)

Best Comedic Performance

Amy Poehler (Baby Mama)
Anna Faris (The House Bunny)
James Franco (Pineapple Express)
Jim Carrey (Yes Man)
Steve Carrell (Get Smart)

Best Villain

Derek Mears (Friday the 13th)
Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
Dwayne Johnson (Get Smart)
Johnathon Schaech (Living Hell)
Luke Goss (Hellboy II)

Best Kiss

Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy (Wanted)
Dev Patel and Frieda Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire)
James Franco and Sean Penn (Milk)
Kristin Stewart and Rob Pattinson (Twilight)
Paul Rudd and Thomas Lennon (I Love You Man)
Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron (HSM 3)

Best Fight

Christian Bale vs Heath Ledger (TDK)
Anne Hathaway vs Kate Hudson (Bride Wars)
Rob Pattinson vs Cam Gigandet (Twilight)
Ron Perlman vs Luke Goss (Hellboy II)
Seth Rogen, James Franco vs Danny McBride (Pineapple Express)

Best Song from a Movie

A.R. Raham ''Jai Ho'' (Slumdog Millionaire)
Bruce Springsteen ''The Wrestler'' (The Wrestler)
Miley Cyrus ''The Climb'' (Hannah Montana The Movie)
Paramore '' Decode'' (Twilight)

Best WTF Moment
Angelina Jolie: Wanted, Curved Bullet Kill
Amy Poehler: Baby Mama, Peeing In the Sink
Ayush Mahesh Khedekar: Slumdog Millionaire, Jumping in the Poop Shed
Ben Stiller: Tropic Thunder, Tasting the Decapitated Head
Jason Segel and Kristen Bell: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Naked Break-Up

A few thoughts:these get worser every year. No RDJ or Tom Cruise for Best Comedic Performance
in TROPIC THUNDER?! TWILIGHT and HSM 3 nominated for anything?
You know they're all winners:whatever::o

Why couldn't Liam Neeson take Zac's place for Best Male Performance for Taken ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"