Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Netflix/Ryan Murphy

I used to buy serial killer shirts in the late 90’s on eBay. They squashed that stuff a LONG time ago. I had a Richard Ramirez and Ed Gein shirt lol

I used to buy serial killer shirts in the late 90’s on eBay. They squashed that stuff a LONG time ago. I had a Richard Ramirez and Ed Gein shirt lol
I probably would have bought some too. Now I just collect books and documentaries.

As good as House of the Dragon is, it didn't pull me in as deeply as this. :)

Ive seen plenty of people complain that he should've reached out and now their mad that he did reach out.

Been seeing a lot of comments about how that maybe was a sign he shouldn’t have made the series.

Been seeing a lot of comments about how that maybe was a sign he shouldn’t have made the series.

While I dont completely disagree, this is one of stories that has been told countless times before now and it certainly wont be the last Dahmer movie/series and isnt the only one about a serial killer.

I'm definitely not mad at the victims families for not engaging if Murphy's team reached out, because how many times do you have to open up old wounds for the world to see.

But unfortunately Dahmer's brutality is a part of pop culture and public record, so there's that.

I'm definitely not mad at the victims families for not engaging if Murphy's team reached out, because how many times do you have to open up old wounds for the world to see.

But unfortunately Dahmer's brutality is a part of pop culture and public record, so there's that.
I know the families would rather Dahmervbe forgotten, but we still need to have conversations so that maybe people like him can get detected earlier and lives can be saved. No way should incidents like the police giving a victim back to a killer be forgotten only to happen again.

I feel like this show was needed, compared to other iterations, because it did put a spotlight on the victims, the neighbor, and the shoddy police work. I had no idea about any of those things, especially how the black community was targeted by Dahmer. I don’t think past movies and shows delved deep into that.

BTK and The Night Stalker. Those are my two picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"