more news of gamestop messing with customers

A lot of people with college degrees who are in retail are in there exactly for the reason amazingfantasy15 said: They can't get a job anywhere else in this economy.

A lot of people with college degrees who are in retail are in there exactly for the reason amazingfantasy15 said: They can't get a job anywhere else in this economy.

exactly i have an hnd and a degree but work in retail, to put it bluntly there is **** all out there on the steady job front

and as much as i like it freelance doesn't pay the bills

Do you really think any Gamestop manager has a college degree? Why would they work retail with a degree, you go to college to get out of those crappy retail jobs.

You are grossly misinformed. There are plenty of retail jobs that pay extremely well and thats not including the higher ups in corporate.

On the lower level yes, upper level, no.

Upper level usually start upper level if they have a degree already. Very few people get a college degree only to start at the lowest step in the corporate ladder. Usually you get a step up to at least a management position.

Upper level usually start upper level if they have a degree already. Very few people get a college degree only to start at the lowest step in the corporate ladder. Usually you get a step up to at least a management position.

Thats not very accurate. Most college grads do not step into management positions(Not saying it doesn't happen though). It also depends on the retailer. For instance Publix(grocery store) managers RARELY start as managers. Most are promoted from within.

Last edited:
Most people with a college degree also don't start with bagging groceries or running registers either.

Most people with a college degree also don't start with bagging groceries or running registers either.

I never stated they did. Just stated you weren't very accurate in your earlier assumption.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Gamestop blows end of story, dont hastle me about preordering uncharted 3 in jan 2011 when you dont even know when its coming out or dont even have a trailer yet. I just hate as soon as I walk in I get hounded about exclusives and preorders. The same with FYE, the weekend transformers 3 came out me and my brother walked in there looking around and I expected them to ask me "hey do you want to preorder dark of the moon on bluray?"
Does anyone know if there trying to get preorders for the WiiU yet? lol

You can defend them all you want but they can take there power points program and shove it up there preordering #$$#$. I feel bad for anyone working there and I know how crappy retail can be, I worked the movies and old navy before.

I feel bad for anyone working there and I know how crappy retail can be, I worked the movies and old navy before.

Its not that bad, depending on the personnel you are working with and as long as you are a part timer(I feel bad for the ASM's and SM's). I happen to be one of the few lucky ones. I work with some pretty cool people and considering this isn't a career nor a job i really need, i can dip out at any time. I also can get a lot of my games cheaper than you and others, so dont feel bad for me.

Last edited:
All the Gamestops around me quit selling PC games, so I'm pretty pissed about that.

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this work AGAINST Gamestop?

I mean think about it, everyone who buys Deus Ex on PC gets a free game from Gamestop. Had they left the flyer in there, they wouldn't be losing money. Plus, the whole reason for this was because Gamestop doesn't advertise competitors, well, by making a big deal of this, more and more people are going to become interested in this "Onlive thing". Plus, the group of angry Gamestop haters are probably permanently switching to either Steam or Onlive.

Gamestop just futt bucked themselves.

I still think the "OnLive is a competitor" thing is a lame excuse. Portal 2 had a voucher for Portal 2 on Steam.

Steam is probably more of a competitor than OnLive is... so... Why not take that voucher out too?

I still think the "OnLive is a competitor" thing is a lame excuse. Portal 2 had a voucher for Portal 2 on Steam.

Steam is probably more of a competitor than OnLive is... so... Why not take that voucher out too?
Maybe they didnt want to piss off Valve, who really doesnt need GS the way other publishers do

Looks like business as usual for the perpetually shady Gamestop to me. These tools were going to give my idiot friend Mike $15 for his almost brand new Wii. I lol'ed after he hung up the phone, offered him $50 and went home with a new console.

Looks like business as usual for the perpetually shady Gamestop to me. These tools were going to give my idiot friend Mike $15 for his almost brand new Wii. I lol'ed after he hung up the phone, offered him $50 and went home with a new console.

LOL. Someone wanted to trade in a Wii today while i was working, told him id give him 25 for it, he then asked me how much id sell it for and my honest answer? "A whole helluva lot more than what I'm about to give you". He laughed and said he'd take it to Craigs list. Told him that was a good idea.

I hate doing system trade ins. I mean i gotta plug it up to the tv, put in a disc, see if it works. I much rather just sit around all day, and collect my pay check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"