Jerks and Stupid Customers at your job

When I worked at the movie theater, I used to like sitting on the back row and shooting popcorn kernels through a straw into the darkness. It was funny hearing some random person shouting OUCH!

I also liked taking popcorn oil and filling up the cup holder at the seats with it. Then watching some guy get oil splashed all over his pants.
Karma is coming.

Working in a bank has pretty much turned my brain to mush. not only because it's so repetitive and boring, but because the nonsense customers and upper management put me through just boggles the brain.

a.) nothing is worse than when a customer will ask for $1643.53 out of his account, in cash when it's obvious he's not keeping it for himself and refuses to take a check, wants it back in nothing higher than a $20, and has a long line standing in back of him. true story.
tell me about it, at the bank I'm at we have a contraption that dispenses the money to make it easier for tellers but usually the customers will tell us at the very last minute how they want their bills.

b.) a customer who has chicken-scratch handwriting writes on a check that she wants $22 back, but it looks like $220. I'll give her the cash back and she'll get hostile even though it can be simply reversed. My manager even back me up that her handwriting was ****
I'll sarcastically reprimand the customer for their lousy handwriting just to make them look bad. :woot:

c.) People who will come EVERY DAY with a $20, $40, etc check drawn from their account made out to themselves. GET A ****ING ATM CARD!
bad idea if the dumb customer can't remember their pin number much less how to maneuver the menu at the ATM.

e.) How upper management likes to micro-manage everything. The new rules will not allow us to keep staples, paper clips, and rubber bands (things we need readily available to us) on our countertops. they need to stay in drawers at all times. Water bottles also cannot be on the teller floor so every time we need a drink, we have to walk all the way to the back for one. The mystery shopper program is the biggest load of ******** ever.
we got that too now that *coughCHASEcough* has merged with us

tell me about it, at the bank I'm at we have a contraption that dispenses the money to make it easier for tellers but usually the customers will tell us at the very last minute how they want their bills.

I'll sarcastically reprimand the customer for their lousy handwriting just to make them look bad. :woot:

bad idea if the dumb customer can't remember their pin number much less how to maneuver the menu at the ATM.

we got that too now that *coughCHASEcough* has merged with us

thank you for replying, i was hoping someone here would share in my pain.

i wish i would have a machine that dispenses money if it meant i didn't have to quadruple check the new $20 i hand out in fear that some are stuck together.

it annoys the hell out of me when a customer will watch me count out their money, all 2353.63 of it and then decide to tell me how they want it.

god forbid we give the customers any backtalk. they've "been banking here for 25 years." seriously, like i give a ****. While we're on that subject, I hate it when the bring up that fact. Great, you've been banking here forever supposedly, but I've only been working here for a year, hence I don't know you. Show me some ****ing ID. Also, I don't care if you know my manager. Really?! HOLY ****! I know her too! Now show me some ID.

I really don't see what's so hard about 4 numbers that have some significance in your life and pressing "WITHDRAWAL" and "CHECKING/SAVINGS". Idiocracy is slowly but surely happening.

have to say though, the guy i work with is my hero merely because his antics make it bearable to work there. for example:

1.) He once quoted the G.I. Joe PSA's in response to a customer's life story. "Knowing's half the battle", he sardonically replied. i nearly lost it.

2.) a customer once put coin in the drive thru tube. this was right around the time...wachovia?...put out that commercial with the coins exploding out of the tube, so the customer thought it'd be witty to bring this up at 9 in the morning. So he's laughing because it's funny to him, but not to us, so the guy I work with goes along with it unenthusiastically with a "Yea...ha ha ha". I caught a glimpse of the customer as this happened. He went from high and mighty to pissed. best moment of my time there so far.

I was in high school. You're supposed to do stupid **** like that when you're in high school.

I was in high school. You're supposed to do stupid **** like that when you're in high school.

Yeah but not stupid **** like that. That something a ten year old would do. Stealing your mom's keys, getting drunk off Jack and wrapping her van around a light pole is something you do in high school! Not throw kernels at stranger. ****s baby stuff bro.

Perhaps if you have no home training. You're supposed to pull the immature pranks in or around the high school. Anywhere else, you're supposed to act like you have an iota of class.

Yeah, but to your friends. If you do **** like that to a complete stranger, you should be prepared for consequences.

By far the biggest problem I have is copyright pictures. I work in the Photo Lab at Wal-Mart, and we have a very strict copyright policy. If anyone brings in a picture thats done by a studio or photographer and tries to scan and buy it, we aren't allowed to sell it because of copyright infringement. A few years ago it wasn't a problem because digital pictures weren't really a big thing, and we could just look at the back of their print to see if it was professional. Problem now is that's its getting nearly impossible to tell if a photo is taken by a professional or not, and some photographers are giving away CD's, but no copyright permission slips. Our policy is that we can't sell pictures if it even looks like its done by a professional photographer. Not only that, but the customers will of course lie to us and tell us their sister/neighbor/husband/sugar daddy took the photos.

So every time someone brings a picture that looks like its professional, even if it isn't, we have to refuse to sell. I can't tell you some of the shouting and abuse I've had to deal with because of this. To make matters worse, we have some professional photographers that try to catch us in the act of selling some of their copied pictures. Its a ****ing no win situation every time, and it happens every day, especially during Christmas when people do Christmas Cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"