• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Most Evil Character in Game of Thrones?

I've been thinking about this lately and trying to rank characters by most to least evil. Here's how I'd rank them, though this may be subject to change:

1. Ramsey
2. Craster
3. Joffrey
4. The Mountain
5. Cersei
6. Aerys
7. Roose Bolton
8. Karl Tanner
9. Styr, Magnar of the Thenns
10. Viserys
11. Meryn Trant
12. Tywin
13. Littlefinger
14. Various Dothraki khals not named Drogo (and Drogo before he met Dany)
15. Walder Frey
16. Myranda
17. The Masters and the Harpys
18. Euron Greyjoy
19. Balon Greyjoy
20. Alliser Thorne
21. Janos Slynt
22. Smalljon Umber
23. Lysa Arryn
24. Maester Pycelle
25. The Hound
26. Jaime Lannister
27. Theon (pre-Reek)

EDIT: Just realized I forgot about the Night King. I suppose he should actually be at the top, though I don't feel like going back and reordering everything.
I agree with your top 4. After that I think there is a massive gap to the rest who are at least a little mixed. Those are 4 outright evil characters with no real redemptive qualities.

Yeah, although I would say that at Roose doesn't really have any redeeming qualities. He's a rapist and a murderer who raised his son to be a monster.

Top ones for me would be Ramsay, Joffrey, Roose, and The Mountain.

People like Walder Frey, Craster, Meryn Trant, Janos Slynt, etc., are Grade A pieces of ****, but they're also either really ineffectual on their own or just little henchmen types.

The Night King is like a force of nature, so I don't really even count him.

Based on what we saw this season, I'd say the Night King's anger toward the children and the realms of men is justified. Ramsay is at they top of my list. Most of the others like Roose and Joff would likely be ineffectual if you took them out of their castles and put them in the middle of the woods. Not Ramsay, though.

Ramsay and Joff are sadists on top of being evil.

Last edited:
In the show? Ramsay. In the books it would also be Gregor and Cersei, but they aren't THAT bad in the show comparing to the books

Top ones for me would be Ramsay, Joffrey, Roose, and The Mountain.

People like Walder Frey, Craster, Meryn Trant, Janos Slynt, etc., are Grade A pieces of ****, but they're also either really ineffectual on their own or just little henchmen types.

The Night King is like a force of nature, so I don't really even count him.

To me Craster is comparable to Ramsay, only thing that separates them is that Craster keeps his web of evil to his own blood rather than spreading it across the land.

Craster is an absolute monster.

Some are just ruthless opportunists while others take sadistic joy in harming others.

Top 5

1) Ramsay
2) The Mountain
3) Euron
4) Roose
5) Craster

Randyll Tarly, Joffrey, Tywin (poor Tysha) Viserys, Qyburn and Cersei are up there too.

Ramsey is not the most evil character cause he's sick
Joffrey is also not the most evil cause he's a child
The most evil is Cersie, is Rose Bolton. They're wise, smart and evil. They do anything for Power, The Slaves of Power!

to me Joffery was the most evil. He was young and his reign of terror would have made the rest look like Sunday school teachers had he lived a long life. He tortured and killed for pleasure. Like Ramsay. But Ramsay at least had a goal in mind. It was a means to an end. However evil it may have been. But Joffery delighted in it for just the pleasure he derived from it. It wasn't for power or vengeance or money or any of those things. Even his mother was afraid of him. And I don't see the Night King as evil at all. We don't fully understand his motivations yet. But if I had to guess he's doing it out of preservation for his people. He knows that man will not leave them alone. Man started making advances beyond the wall first and broke whatever treaty that might have been. He wouldn't even have an army if man hadn't crossed over the wall. Back when it was built I believe that it was as much to keep man out as it was to keep the walkers in.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe Ramsay did the things he did out of a quest for power. At least not in the novels where it's made clear he's been committing acts of rape and serial murder since long before the War of Five Kings. He was basically just a serial killer who took advantage of the political climate to get his way, and his treatment of Theon had no forethought at all. He tortured him to the point of breaking because he wanted to reenact his fetishistic relationship with Heke, it was only blind luck that Theon ended up becoming an asset for him.

/Tywin, Roose, Joffrey, etc, are all largely lacking in empathy and moral qualms. The difference is in their temperments.

Joffrey was a coward and an idiot. He got off on the power, and he had Ned executed on a whim. Tywin, as a non-Idiot, would have let Ned take the black, only out of pragmatism.

For sheer sadism, Joffrey didn't match Ramsay because he had people in position of power willing to keep him in check now and then. And I guess it was just Ramsay being more patient, and having more imagination.

Both of them are about relatively short-term gratification, while Tywin are Roose are cold and very calculating, being about long-term plans.

The bottom line is, is any action beyond any of them, through their own hand or be agent? And I believe the answer is no.

All that being said, they're all small-time in terms of I-don't-know-what-to-call-it but Littlefinger is in a class of his own.

Last edited:
Gregor Clegane. It's easy to go with Ramsay, however Ramsay could be controlled to an extent, Gregor not so much. He's a menace and does terrible things.

I hated Joffrey Baratheon , Ramsay Snow & Cersei Lannister ,i found these characters most evil.If anyone wants to know more about their life you can have a look at earn the necklace.

Last edited:
Purely going by the books, it's Euron Crow's Eye, by a wide margin too.

Aeron's new WoW chapter certainly did capture the f***edupness that is Euron.

I agree with Rowsdower!'s list with the exception of not having the nights king at the top. I truly hate Ramsey and Joffrey.*

I think Hot-Pie is the most evil... that little ****er has been killing people with kidney pie and botched wolf bread for years.

GRRM is the most evil because he won't finish his damn books.

what if he has finished them and is just holding out? would that be more evil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"