Most Evil Character in Game of Thrones?

It's gotta' be Ramsay or Littlefinger. Thing is, with Ramsay you knew where you stood, and you knew what kinda' person he was. Balish was devious and always worked in the shadows until he was outsmarted. Joffery was a little *****, but evil? I don't know. He could have grown out of his nature with some good council.

So...
is Dany now the most evil character on GoT? I probably still wouldn't say she as awful as Ramsay or Joffrey but... she did just burn children alive.

I mean....you could argue she did it in a blind rage, while characters like Ramsay, Joffrey, and even Littlefinger (while not wantonly sadistic like the first two) did cruel things with more deliberate intent, but.....she just surpassed Cersei at least. The tyrant she came to liberate everyone from.

On that large of a scale at least.

Ramsay and Joffrey may have been more sadistic one on one.

Yeah, one thing I'll give this show and the books is it makes you ponder what is truly an irredeemable act. I mean, Jaime, Sandor and Theon killed (or tried to kill) children. And that's awful. Yet they both did things that arguably redeemed them, or at least proved that they have some honor. What Dany did in this episode was one of if not the worst things that have happened but... she's also done heroic things like free slaves and helped saved the world from the White Walkers. So while maybe she's past the point of no return now, she once had some honor. And characters like Cersei and Tywin have done horrible things too but they've also had moments of compassion towards certain characters.

The only ones who I would say are completely irredeemable are Ramsay, Joffrey, Roose and Craster (and Euron I guess, but who gives a **** about him). The things they did just show how despicable and depraved they really are.

I think Littlefinger also demonstrated time and again that he was a sociopath who could never be trusted.

Little bits like feeding Ros to Joffrey as a torture plaything, and his earlier story about doing the same to another “bad investment” showed how evil he actually was.

Tough one. For me it's difficult to choose between Littlefinger and Ramsay, with Cersei not close behind. Joffrey is a sadistic little ***, but he was just a little coward at the end of the day, he could be intimidated by the right person for the most part.

For me Dany yeah, she lost it and went all mad queen last night, but in her heart she just doesnt come off as an bad person so i dont really count her as pure evil, unlike the three i mentioned first.

Daenerys is not as evil as someone like Ramsay. I can't see Daenerys just taking joy in systematically torturing someone into a broken twisted shell like he did to Theon, or skinning people alive, or hunting down a lover who bored her through the woods and siccing man-eating dogs on them.

Ramsay was probably the most unremittingly evil person the show ever had.

Yeah, Ramsay had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It was so satisfying seeing Jon beat the pulp out of him and then Sansa feed him to the dogs.

I can even feel sorrier for Littlefinger than Ramsay, because I think in his warped mind he probably believed he did love Catelyn and Sansa even while betraying their trust and manipulating them (key word being "believed" he loved them).

Yeah, I agree with that, especially in the case of Catelyn. I think he really did love her.

I don't think Roose belongs to the likes of Joffrey, Ramsay, Mountain, Euron. Roose was pragmatic, I don't think he enjoyed causing death and suffering. He's more of Frey, Stannis, Tywin mold. End justifies the means.

So for me it's Ramsay. 100% animal with no redeeming qualities.

I don't think Roose belongs to the likes of Joffrey, Ramsay, Mountain, Euron. Roose was pragmatic, I don't think he enjoyed causing death and suffering. He's more of Frey, Stannis, Tywin mold. End justifies the means.

So for me it's Ramsay. 100% animal with no redeeming qualities.

Agreed, Roose disapproved of Ramsay’s excessive savagery, not on moral grounds, but just pragmatically as Ramsay was risking alienating people.

Roose was like a smaller-scale Tywin.

Daenerys is not as evil as someone like Ramsay. I can't see Daenerys just taking joy in systematically torturing someone into a broken twisted shell like he did to Theon, or skinning people alive, or hunting down a lover who bored her through the woods and siccing man-eating dogs on them.

Ramsay was probably the most unremittingly evil person the show ever had.

Honestly, some might consider this statement ridiculous but I think he is near the top of sick and evil bastards in mainstream TV/Film history. There are plenty for him to contend with of course but he was a outright loathsome piece of ****. I wish his death was a lot more graphic. Not cutting away from his face getting eaten.

Honestly, some might consider this statement ridiculous but I think he is near the top of sick and evil bastards in mainstream TV/Film history. There are plenty for him to contend with of course but he was a outright loathsome piece of ****. I wish his death was a lot more graphic. Not cutting away from his face getting eaten.

Yea Ramsay was a sick ****.

He replaced Joffrey as the character you loved to hate.

It's funny; when Ramsay first debuted in the show, I found him to be a kind of likable villain because he was torturing Theon (who had just murdered two kids and betrayed Robb) and he at least wasn't a chicken**** like Joffrey. But the more the show went on, I grew to HATE him, probably more than any other character.

See, D&D? Do you SEE what you can accomplish when you take time to flesh out a villain, versus just ramming one down the audience's throats at the last minute (i.e. Euron)?

It's funny; when Ramsay first debuted in the show, I found him to be a kind of likable villain because he was torturing Theon (who had just murdered two kids and betrayed Robb) and he at least wasn't a chicken**** like Joffrey. But the more the show went on, I grew to HATE him, probably more than any other character.

See, D&D? Do you SEE what you can accomplish when you take time to flesh out a villain, versus just ramming one down the audience's throats at the last minute (i.e. Euron)?

You touched on the way in which Ramsay was in some ways a stronger villain than Joffrey, in that he was actually capable (albeit a little crazy and excessively brutal to the point of threatening to alienate potential allies and/or stoke rebellion).

Euron is probably the greatest casualty of the truncated Seasons 7 and 8. From what I understand in the books he's basically a pirate Randall Flagg; in the show he's an annoying, shallow plot device.

You touched on the way in which Ramsay was in some ways a stronger villain than Joffrey, in that he was actually capable (albeit a little crazy and excessively brutal to the point of threatening to alienate potential allies and/or stoke rebellion).

Yeah. Joffrey was a sadistic little POS but in a dog eat dog world like Westeros, it's quite possible that his military would have just overthrown him eventually once they saw what a coward he was. Ramsay at least fought with his men (though he sat back and let them get slaughtered in the Battle of the Bastards).

Euron is probably the greatest casualty of the truncated Seasons 7 and 8. From what I understand in the books he's basically a pirate Randall Flagg; in the show he's an annoying, shallow plot device.

Yeah, I haven't gotten to him yet in the books but from what I understand, he's much more interesting than a horny d-bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"