• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Most important episode of the season tonight.

TheCardPlayer

Come play with me
Reaction score
In the words of Neil Jackson who plays lead vamp Marcus Van Sciver:

''I have heard from the execs at New Line and SPIKE that they are still in a flux about whether or not to commission season two. It's all about ratings. 2 weeks ago, thanks to the marathon, we increased 40%. Last week was a 2% rise on that. So things are looking good, but clearly not good enough to ease the accountants minds watching those numbers like hawks.

Basically, it boils down to the viewing figures for the first airing of the episode (Wed 10pm) for this week (16th Aug), and potentially next week too. The other airings don't count towards the ratings and neither does TiVo. So....

Please, please, watch this Wed at 10pm, to help us ensure that Blade: The Series stays on our TV's for yet another season.

Thank you all for your support. Neil.''

Watch people, watch!

That's the thing that gets me with hollywood. They don't give us the same Blade (in mannerism and skills) as the one we know and love, screw up the continuity of the movie and expect the fans to stay loyal to them? Give us an extension of the Blade from the movies...duh! :confused:

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
That's the thing that gets me with hollywood. They don't give us the same Blade (in mannerism and skills) as the one we know and love, screw up the continuity of the movie and expect the fans to stay loyal to them? Give us an extension of the Blade from the movies...duh! :confused:

At the same time, it's still a well-written show, with some interesting characters, and Sticky is starting to earn his keep. Believe me, I was probably the most skeptical, and every bit of news that was being released before and after the pilot was filmed, had me convinced the show would suck total goat penis, and lo and behold, I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

IM LOVING THIS SHOW. I watch EVERY week. I hope it comes back for a 2nd season.

KenK said:
At the same time, it's still a well-written show, with some interesting characters, and Sticky is starting to earn his keep. Believe me, I was probably the most skeptical, and every bit of news that was being released before and after the pilot was filmed, had me convinced the show would suck total goat penis, and lo and behold, I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

I agree, i was the EXACT same way.

I'm going to take the gloves off for this post: BLADE IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV!! That's right. I said it.
This decade has so far been dominated by low brow reality TV: teenie bopper music contests, warring models, stinky people on islands, people eating gruesome stuff and aging celebs w/ their families. The few good dramas that exist are crime or medical based shows. Action and Sci-Fi has all but vanished.
That is why it is so refreshing to see a series like Blade emerge. If anyone associated w/ Spike TV sees this- RENEW THE SERIES!!!

I've got about 4 of my friends watching it...but I don't know how far that goes...I love the show...I'm for it...but hey, what about DVD sales...look what it did for Family Guy and Futurama...releasing the pilot, a 2 disc DVD set as a new Blade straight to video movie...would be a good way to get people interested...then they follow up with releasing the entire uncut unrated season...its a lock imo. And then we'll get a second season...but that was good news about the increase when they aired the marathon...the only problem was that it was heavily edited...so whatever right?! I'm a fan...my fingers are crossed...I think they've proved themselves...its a pretty good show...and it can only get better with a little more money and confidence placed into the source material.
werd!

49erVenom said:
I'm going to take the gloves off for this post: BLADE IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV!! That's right. I said it.
Best show on TV? Far from it. It may be better than a lot of the other crud that is on TV at the moment but it is not even close to being the best.

I do hope that the show does get the green light for a second season though. It would be interesting to see how the series pans out as it has plenty of potential.

ord0g said:
Best show on TV? Far from it. It may be better than a lot of the other crud that is on TV at the moment but it is not even close to being the best.

I do hope that the show does get the green light for a second season though. It would be interesting to see how the series pans out as it has plenty of potential.
It all depends on your own opinion. I don't consider it to be the best show on TV for the moment, but I think it's up there. To some people it might be the best show in TV.

I'd like to see a second season too. There's plenty of scope to take things further. It's a show that seems to have grown on people with each episode.

Update from Neil Jackson:

''Aarrghhhh! The ratings for last nights show were up on last week. but aparently not high enough to embolden SPIKE to take the plunge on season 2. So... they're waiting another week to see. The frustration... just give us a second season already!!!!''

First time posting but let me just say I love the Blade series just as much as I loved the movies. I look at it kinda like Smallville in that in the first season everything was kinda green and needed improvment but as the show went on the acting and everything got better. So I predict massive improvements on the show. For those critcizing sticky Umm I dont remember snipes showing much emotion as Blade either. Oh by the way did anyone catch on the last episode that the pureblood in vegas was from The House of Erebus the house from the first movie.

Hotwheels4life said:
Oh by the way did anyone catch on the last episode that the pureblood in vegas was from The House of Erebus the house from the first movie.

I caught on to that too, but wasn't 100% since i haven't seen Balde 1 in a while.
:up:

ord0g said:

What is better? I certainly haven't seen anything in the last couple of years. Lost? House? CSI? Those are the only decent shows that come to mind.

TheCardPlayer said:

''Aarrghhhh! The ratings for last nights show were up on last week. but aparently not high enough to embolden SPIKE to take the plunge on season 2. So... they're waiting another week to see. The frustration... just give us a second season already!!!!''

Considering the low ratings for just about everything else on their station, I would think they would leap at the chance to renew anything with any level of notoriety.

This show needs a second season. The characters are developing, the actors are getting comfortbale in thier roles, and the writing has remained consistent.

Hotwheels4life said:
First time posting but let me just say I love the Blade series just as much as I loved the movies. I look at it kinda like Smallville in that in the first season everything was kinda green and needed improvment but as the show went on the acting and everything got better. So I predict massive improvements on the show. For those critcizing sticky Umm I dont remember snipes showing much emotion as Blade either. Oh by the way did anyone catch on the last episode that the pureblood in vegas was from The House of Erebus the house from the first movie.

In defense of Wesley, Snipes just had a presence that Sticky doesn't have. There were a lot of subtle, non-verbal things that Wesley did IMO, and also his fighting skills and the confidence he brought to the fighting scenes were way above Jones.

I mean, with about the same amount of lines, Snipes made you feel the Blade character-his pain, his anger, his self-loathing, plus there was sometimes a hint of dark humor. I've only seen the first six episodes of the series, but Sticky was pretty much there. He has a nice, low menacing voice, and he has a swagger.

If given time, he can make Blade his own and do something different, but I doubt it will be better than Wesley. Snipes was a trained actor whereas Sticky is a musician making the transition to acting. There is bound to be a drop off in the quality of performance.

TheCardPlayer said:

Damn, Neil sounds so enraged! I love that he's pulling for the show and being so emotional about it when he gives fans updates! But at least the ratings are increasing. SPIKE can't ignore that much longer.

DarKush I agree that Wesley has a presence that Kirk doesnt have but my point is that I feel kirk has presence too it isnt the same but its still a blade presence. Well either way lets just hope for a second season.

Hotwheels4life said:
DarKush I agree that Wesley has a presence that Kirk doesnt have but my point is that I feel kirk has presence too it isnt the same but its still a blade presence. Well either way lets just hope for a second season.

Fair enough. I too want a second season. I have no problem with a different take on the Blade character. And from what I saw Sticky was slowly coming into his own.

What I really want is a deepening of Blade. I want to see some character development and change over the course of the series, which was a bit herky jerky in the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"