Mother of Dragons: Daenerys Targaryen

tumblr_oubs9gJDyO1qmtd48o1_1280.jpg

Thank you for warning us, Emilia. Good looking out.

Poor Emilia

She got Revenged of the Sith'ed

Seriously. I always hear people said ROTS is better than the other crappy prequels, but it isn't, mainly because Anakin's turn seems to come out of nowhere just like Dany's. Yeah, there's foreshadowing and we even KNOW he's going to go bad, but it's just such a jump for the character when he just all of a sudden kneels before Palpatine and then goes and slaughters a bunch of kids. It felt like we fast forwarded to the end of the movie, lol. Only at least in that case, I didn't expect it to be good. They could have made this season great but they ran it right into the ground.

Seriously. I always hear people said ROTS is better than the other crappy prequels, but it isn't, mainly because Anakin's turn seems to come out of nowhere just like Dany's. Yeah, there's foreshadowing and we even KNOW he's going to go bad, but it's just such a jump for the character when he just all of a sudden kneels before Palpatine and then goes and slaughters a bunch of kids. It felt like we fast forwarded to the end of the movie, lol. Only at least in that case, I didn't expect it to be good. They could have made this season great but they ran it right into the ground.
Tbf, in ROTS you can at least try to explain that with Palpatine possibly using force persuasion on Anakin. Here, she literally went HAM on her own accord.

Was just thinking about how Dany saved the day North of the Wall on Season 7. The woman was a hero, a war hero, having sacrificed so much......I'm sorry she was done like this in the end.

Yeah, true.

Plus, as bad as Attack was, it gives Anakin precedent so that we know that when he snaps he really snaps (i.e. he goes bat**** crazy and doesn't spare anyone, Sith was actually his second time killing children).

Plus, as bad as Attack was, it gives Anakin precedent so that we know that when he snaps he really snaps (i.e. he goes bat**** crazy and doesn't spare anyone, Sith was actually his second time killing children).

Good point. Hated that AOTC but I forgot about that scene, yeah.

Was just thinking about how Dany saved the day North of the Wall on Season 7. The woman was a hero, a war hero, having sacrificed so much......I'm sorry she was done like this in the end.
Our girl got done real dirty here man.

By far her best outfit.

tumblr_ov0nhs5tHz1vjoj46o2_400.gif
tumblr_ov0nhs5tHz1vjoj46o1_400.gif
Hmm I'm not so sure. It looks a lot like Fan Binbing's Blink from Xmen Days of Future Past to me, the design, even the braid and it looks better on Binbing.
blink_xmen_days_of_future_past_by_barucgle123_d7joq97-pre.png

If you think about it, Daenerys is still alive because what everyone fell in love with was a visual version of the original novels and she's not quite dead in those yet. Allegedly, the original author told HBO how he planned to end the series but authors like these change their minds all the time I'm sure!

I think the problem here is that her jump to straight up villainy felt like too much, too soon. It kind of reminds me of how Deathstroke was handed in Arrow season 2. He goes from a full-on hero and ally of Oliver's to genocidal lunatic in a few episodes. And while there was a bit more reasoning for it there (I forget the specifics but I think he got infected with some sort of chemical that drove him a little nuts), it still felt like too much of a jump. And it's the same with Dany. Her turn needed to be more of a slow burn, because like TheFuture said, she rescued Jon and his men north of the wall in season 7 and helped save Winterfell two episodes before this. I know there has been foreshadowing with Dany but nothing indicated she would willingly slaughter children for what amounts to no reason at all. I could see her doing this if the battle of King's Landing got out of control and the people were collateral damage. But just roasting hundreds of thousands of people after the battle was already won? It just didn't make any sense with what we've seen of her character so far.

Yeah, you really see anything that high class on a TV show even across bigger budget shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"