My Lebowski Cardigan

camp Blood

For your health!
Reaction score
Hey I thought you guys might dig this, I commissioned a girl on etsy.com to knit me a replica of the Lebowski cardigan for 200 bucks there are other ones you can buy yes but none come in my size so this was my only option, plus its hand knit not factory knit so its of a better quality

johnnysweater.jpg
johnnysweater3.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, if you leave that lying on the floor someone is gonna pee on it.

you should invest in the rug too. it would really pull the room together.

Last edited:
Dude, if you leave that lying on the floor someone is gonna pee on it.

i didn't take those pics, she still has to attach the zipper

I really got a good deal on it honestly

Last edited:
i didn't take those pics, she still has to attach the zipper

all the more reason to take it off the floor, people pee faster without a zipper to unfasten.

I really got a good deal on it honestly

I wasn't taking the piss, just making a lewbowskiesque gag with it, I think it's a great thing to do for yourself. :up:

I know . i'm just really happy I ordered it a month ago and just got those pictures yesterday so I'm freaking out

you think it came out ok ?

Well, the litmus test is when you have it physically right? It looks fine, but whether or not it fits you properly is another matter.
hopefully it will be fine though :up:

Last edited:
Love it. Now all you need is a spliff and a white russian and you'll be set :up:

thanks

I plan on wearing this for a very long time

there is a factory made version on 80stees.com if you guys want to get one and not wait for it to be made

well it came and the lady knit it 5 sizes to big

the sleeves come down to my knees and the sweater comes down to my ankle, i dont know what she was thinking

johnnysweater4.jpg

haha, I'm sorry man, but it is funny, it is such a big lebowski type moment you have posted there.
Looking at the pics you posted earlier, aye, we should have noticed it was gonna be too big, if you look at her laptop sitting next to the cardigan, the sleeve is like at least three lap tops long.
I don't know how the measurements got mixed up, did you just sketch them quickly on a napkin? :cwink:

But, aye, sorry, I don't know, maybe you can shrink it in the washing machine a few times, wool shrinks easy I'm pretty sure.

That's one expensive (and ugly) cardigan. Though, the DUDE would be proud.

what gets me is why didn't she use some common sense in realizing it was way to big

ponyboy please don't add insult to injury

It is crap you have paid 200 dollars for it, if you can't get, or don't want, your money back, you can always just roll up the sleeves and wear it like a dressing gown.
But, aye, you paid for it to be just like the one in the movie, so it is crap, you wanna wear it like a regular cardigan.
and, it is totally bizarre that she thought there was some giant lebowski out there who would fit that.

and she said she was afraid it would be to big so she knew it was huge

I supplied the pattern too all she had to do was swap out the chest and waist size

Aye, once again, sorry for laughing and stuff, I can imagine your disapointment when you got it in the post, so I do feel bad for you, it is crap. If I could knit a frickin cardigan I'd knit you one for free.
You need to complain to her about it man, she might be some nice but dim eccentric knitter person, but she needs to know to take care in the future with the commisions, she should make you another frickin cardigan, that's what she should do.
I dunno, maybe she will, send her an e-mail and tell her she messed it up.

I dunno how much wool costs, but I imagine nowhere as much as 200bucks for that cardigan, she could maybe do you another one and still have a profit, so even if she is a bit stingy about the money, she might make you another.
But you definitely need to complain about it and try to get another one made.

i need to go to bed, but try and sort this out.

it's going back for a full refund

but I still feel like I'm losing out. I would happily pay 200 bucks for his cardigan maybe more it means more to me than the money I spent

With your first post, I was jealous, but then I nearly pissed my self laughing.

Glad you're getting a refund.

like I said I would rather have a a proper cardigan than the money. i would be wearing it right now

Last edited:
well I found another woman to knit my sweater and this time I made sure she can get it right she even sent me a picture with a sample swatch and the knitting looks fine

I sent her all different measurements and I've seen a sweater made using the same knit and pattern this lady is legit

I think this time everything will work out

This was a fun read. The arms are as wide as the laptop in the original pictures.

I don't know what she was thinking

like I said I have a total pro making me a new one that I can actually wear

this is what it will look like when she is done, shes following a pattern online and she knows the lady the published it so i think i found the right person for the job
il_fullxfull.308032092.jpg

il_fullxfull.308031842.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"