My Lebowski Cardigan

This is a great story worthy of the Dude, hope it has a happy ending.

I love that ginormous sweater though. Either you're a tiny man or she thought you were Andre the Giant.

freda , the woman knitting my new cardigan gave me a update on facebook with a picture of what she has done so far

its one of the sleeves
superherohype2.jpg

what gets me is why didn't she use some common sense in realizing it was way to big

ponyboy please don't add insult to injury

Well, I mean it is an ugly cardigan. :cwink: That's not meant as a slight to you in any way. I love The Dude, man! I hope you got the 'problem' sorted out.

the pattern or that particular one since it is 7 sizes to big

Yeah you know, it reminds me of an ugly Christmas sweater... that kind of thing. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like it or that it was poorly made... Big L is an amazing film (on my top 10) list actually :cwink:

Exactly! I perhaps didn't word it so well the first time. Good on ya for sporting it though. Has anyone actually recognised the thing (when you've worn it?)

i havent worn it yet

i mailed the giant one back for a refund and commissioned the new one from a pro, the thing that sucks is now the cost went from $200 to $300 but the thing is it could have cost upwards of $700 if she really wanted to charge that much so in the grand scheme of things i am still getting a good deal

I had no clue whatsoever that making a cardigan was so costly. I suppose what you're really paying for is the man (or woman) hours involved...

plus materials she's using a really nice wool

update

42410729671784372131211.jpg

this is the beginning of the body portion
42547729671821372127511.jpg

Looks great! the quality of the wool and knitting on this one looks way better than the first one. Hope it turns out great :up:

and she is useing common sense unlike jesse who knew something was wrong but kept knitting the big sweater. freda the new lady told me she started a sleeve that wasn't coming out right so she scrapped it and did a whole new one

Last edited:
Lol, I was hoping for a sequel 'My Lebowski Cardigan'.

UPDATE!

the cardigan is done here are pics from her listing for the cardigan from which you will be able to buy your own

she had her son model the sweater because he's close to my height and size

il_fullxfull.314369695.jpg

il_fullxfull.314498546.jpg

il_fullxfull.314370103.jpg

That's glorious.

thanks she said there were a lot of late nights knitting but she had fun and think it's a great cardigan

I hope she gets other orders for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"