Namor or Silver Surfer, who should have their own franchise

I like Surfer so much more. I think the little wings on Namor's ankles look stupid. Honestly, I'd have to look into Namor's character a little more...it's been yearssss since I've paid any attention to him.

Surfer fits in right now with the current cosmic stories the MCU are embarking on. Namor seems more appropriate for the next level of phases once we get Inhumans/Captain Marvel dynamics established. Really no need to discover a subterranean world right now.

Anyways we can talk more about this when FOX lets go of the Surfer/Galactus rights.

Silver Surfer is my favorite Marvel character and I f***ing HATE Namor, so obviously the Surfer is my answer for this question.

I'd have to go with Namor. I was never all that big of a Silver Surfer fan. And I think that the poster upstream, who mentioned an abundance of introspective monolog, makes a good point.

Surfer most definitely. He is bad ass in Annihilation. Imagine that on the big screen? It'd make the Avengers films look like childs play. IMO Annihilation is the best "event" story Marvel has ever done.

namor gets a bad vibe due to that old school cartoon, either that or the wings on his feet would do it, besides he is a bit of an anti hero so I think people will hate him more so.

I feel that Namor could be a better franchise - I'm not sure how compelling the Surfer could be solo. But a one-off movie could be cool.

In the cartoon he's a space hippie with an occasional fight. Spending 90% of the movie moping about, looking at stars and talking to himself wouldn't be a great movie.

..exactly.:unishr:

Namor the Submariner solo film would not compare to a Silver Surfer solo film, IMO.

The surfer has already been exposed to non-Marve viewers, ( FF: Rise of the SIlver Surfer) ,..has had his own casrtoon series, and you can expand so many more other Marvel characters into the mix more than you could with the under-sea dwelling Namor.

Plus i still have concern that Namor is too close in competitive comparison to DC's Aquaman who makes his appearance in the upcoming Justice League movie.
Namor would work best with another superhero group (ala FF4) but not solo.

A far cry from the Surfer who could work in Galactus, Thanos, Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel, the Kree, ....of course the FF4 continuation, the Elders of the Universe, any of the other heralds of Galactus, Ego the Living Planet, etc. etc

My favorite hero in Marvel. The Silver Surfer.

I was never a Namor fan. The Silver Surfer is at least "cosmic" which would open much more story possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"