Namor the Sub-Mariner

I didn't like Namor in the movie but okay not everybody needs to be a hero or an Anti-Hero. He could be a villain again in another movie.

I still want a Marvel Studios: Namor The Sub-Mariner movie.

Even with the fact that he killed Queen Ramonda, it could be part of his redemption arc.
We ain't getting one. Unless Disney agrees to Universal Pictures distributing it. Why do you think there's still no Hulk 2? Same thing here.

And he doesn't need a redemption imo.

Namor character in Wakanda Forever felt way to sympathetic a very Stark contrast to his comic book counterpart who was much more jaded and even villainous .

Namor character in Wakanda Forever felt way to sympathetic a very Stark contrast to his comic book counterpart who was much more jaded and even villainous .
Hmm after what happened in the movie, it would be so predictable if he later turned out to be one of the heroes.

I've seen the movie, there wasn't anything heroic about him so let him stay that way and be the dark horse that ends up turning against the Avengers or whoever is the lead of the movie he's in.

I feel like this is 1 character that could remain not a hero. Marvel Studios already have done so many drastic decisions in the past anyway. Turning Hank as an oldman. Quicksilver as 1 and done. Retiring T'Challa.

Eh, Namor has a long track record of playing both sides of the hero/villain divide. You could get some interesting drama out of a character who has done some inarguably villainous things, and yet is *also* doing the right thing today.
I hope he sides with Doom or Kang.

I hope he sides with Doom or Kang.
I was doubting it before Wakanda Forever came out, but I think his characterization in this movie does portray him as the kind of guy who would be willing to sacrifice other worlds to protect his own from incursions during Secret Wars. Wonder if he'll have a cabal.

Namor from what I saw isn't even an Anti-hero. Like Marvel Studios could just make him a villain from now on, and it would be aligned to his first mcu film.

I didn't find him particularly villainous. Did he do some questionable things? Sure he did, but he was just a king trying to protect his people and their way of life which hadn't been under threat for centuries.

He is quite easily redeemable in my eyes. The only thing I didn't like was the change to his origin.

I wonder if they would include him in a 616 Illuminati.
Would love to see a more analogues version of him exist in the comics.
I still want him in a legit MCU Defenders though, with a return of a more Savage Hulk.
And Strange trying to balance this unmanageable "non-team" for a greater cause.

65qj19.jpg

Absolutely! Always worth repeating.
Would love it if they could build to a Classic Defenders branded film franchise.
The Mightiest "Non-Team" ever assembled.
6nyr1o.jpg

If people thaught there was tension in the Avengers line-up, this group of disinterested non-team players compelled to come together (reverting back some to the more savage Hulk) would be explosive!

Last edited:
I still want him in a legit MCU Defenders, with a return of a more Savage Hulk.
If you're doing that at least include Valkyrie too. She needs something to do outside of Thor and I don't think they'd do an all-male team anymore.

I'm not interested in a Defenders movie because its basically like the Avengers, under a different name.

I still want him in a legit MCU Defenders though, with a return of a more Savage Hulk.

65qj19.jpg

And then the Netflix group could then be rebranded as "Heroes for Hire" if they bring most of them back.

A world war 2 series would be really fun. I guess they could use Bucky and maybe just have a deepfake of cap in the break ground somewhere

I wonder if they would include him in a 616 Illuminati.

Don't see why not. Ultimately the Illuminati are a sinister organization that is morally ambiguous at best, thus this version of Namor fitting right in.

( Yes, I know many of the members of the Illuminati are at least theoretically heroic. This really doesn't tend to show in the Illuminati storylines; when the lot of them are together they tend to bring out the worst in each other. )

Don't see why not. Ultimately the Illuminati are a sinister organization that is morally ambiguous at best, thus this version of Namor fitting right in.

( Yes, I know many of the members of the Illuminati are at least theoretically heroic. This really doesn't tend to show in the Illuminati storylines; when the lot of them are together they tend to bring out the worst in each other. )

There's a reason Black Panther told them all the whole thing was a terrible idea and refused to have anything to do with it.

tho, I didn't mind the changes to the character

an can appreciate the use of cultural lore, to establish a new backstory

I almost wish they didn't go the fails God route...
in a world where we have met literal Gods (where recently, Thor:Love&Thunder, even went out of it way to confirm that the Gods of ever cultural actually exist)

seems like a step backwards

but, maybe that can even be a plot point in a future appearance of the character, the Real K’uk’ulkan shows up challenging Namor and his people or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"