Nathan Fillion to Star in ABC Crime Series The Rookie

Disappointing that no one took her complaints seriously or swept them under the rug. I'm kind of curious who the guest star was that was harassing her.

Williamson names names.

Afton Williamson Identifies ‘The Rookie’ Guest Star Who Allegedly Harassed Her

It’s not unusual (unfortunately) that a male actor would harass/assault a female actor. More curious is the charge that a white, female hairdresser (who’s, apparently, been in the biz for several years) would direct racist comments/innuendo towards one of the main stars of the show. I’m clueless as to the power hierarchy in Hollywood productions. But I assume that a hairdresser (even the head of the department) is lower on the totem pole than a lead actor. So if said hairdresser wants to keep working, she checks her private racism (if any) at the door. Even more curious: this female accused allegedly graduated from racism to sexual assault.

:thf:

As it happens, this last charge may have corroborating evidence (independent of Williamson). According to Williamson, this female hairdresser was finally exposed when she committed a sexual assault at the season 1 wrap party. :wow: Whereupon, she was fired. One would think, therefore, that there’s some HR documentation of both the assault and the dismissal.

Sallie%2BCiganovich%2B%2528Nicole%2529%2B2013.png.jpg

images

Williamson names names.

Afton Williamson Identifies ‘The Rookie’ Guest Star Who Allegedly Harassed Her

It’s not unusual (unfortunately) that a male actor would harass/assault a female actor. More curious is the charge that a white, female hairdresser (who’s, apparently, been in the biz for several years) would direct racist comments/innuendo towards one of the main stars of the show. I’m clueless as to the power hierarchy in Hollywood productions. But I assume that a hairdresser (even the head of the department) is lower on the totem pole than a lead actor. So if said hairdresser wants to keep working, she checks her private racism (if any) at the door. Even more curious: this female accused allegedly graduated from racism to sexual assault.

:thf:

As it happens, this last charge may have corroborating evidence (independent of Williamson). According to Williamson, this female hairdresser was finally exposed when she committed a sexual assault at the season 1 wrap party. :wow: Whereupon, she was fired. One would think, therefore, that there’s some HR documentation of both the assault and the dismissal.

Was alleged assault against Williamson or someone else?

Just gets more an more bizarre.

From what I've seen being said, the wrap party incident was not involving the actress. She's accusing the hairdresser of racial abuse... and the actor for sexual harassment

From what I've seen being said, the wrap party incident was not involving the actress. She's accusing the hairdresser of racial abuse... and the actor for sexual harassment

It doesn’t sound like Williamson was the victim at the party. But she does accuse the female hairdresser of assault at that venue.

“Throughout the filming of the pilot, I experienced racial discrimination/racially charged inappropriate comments from the hair department and bullying from executive producers.” “… During the season, it continued along with sexual harassment from a recurring guest star and the racist commentary & bullying from the hair dept. head escalated into sexual assault at our wrap party.”

Obviously, women can sexually assault. But it’s rare. And it seems doubly odd for the hairdresser to choose a gathering of professional colleagues (most of whom are probably her superiors) to commit her crime. More info needed.

I hope justice is amicably found here.

At the same time, and I admit I'm being selfish here, but I don't want the show to get tossed because of this. Ideally, I wish Williamson could return to the show. I doubt that's even a possibility now, but if there's any truth to these allegations it sounds like they weren't handled properly.

After months of being in renewal limbo (due to the twin strikes), The Rookie: Feds has been cancelled by ABC. Also: ABC is not moving forward on The Good Lawyer (The Good Doctor spinoff).

Apparently, this fairly standard police procedural continues to get decent ratings. Good enough for another renewal.

I watch this show from Day 1, but I can't believe this could potentially last longer than Castle. Though Castle already had more episodes by season 4 or 5.

I watch this show from Day 1, but I can't believe this could potentially last longer than Castle. Though Castle already had more episodes by season 4 or 5.
I think Castle ended so abruptly because of the relationship between Nathan and Stana. I like watching The Rookie, but think it's starting to get a little stale.

He's been a Rookie for 7 seasons now. :eheh:

He's been a Rookie for 7 seasons now. :eheh:
True, but time moves slow in TV time.

Now he's training rookies. Sooooo....how about

The Rookie
The Next Generation

giphy.gif

Hopefully it will get cancelled before we get

The Rookie Commissioner

I think Castle ended so abruptly because of the relationship between Nathan and Stana. I like watching The Rookie, but think it's starting to get a little stale.

Not that the rest of the cast of Castle didn't have it, but it's really the chemistry between the cast in The Rookie that carries it.

Wife and I loved Castle, but we also love this show.

Hmm personally, I have never been that hooked with The Rookie same with the other 1hour scripted shows in ABC for several years now. ABC had better days when Lost, Desperate Housewives, early days of Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Castle, Brothers/Sisters, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Scandal were on the air. The programming in broadcast TV isn't really interesting anymore.

Like Grey's Anatomy, I'm just waiting for this show to end.

Not that the rest of the cast of Castle didn't have it, but it's really the chemistry between the cast in The Rookie that carries it.

Wife and I loved Castle, but we also love this show.
I think Nathan Fillion is a rather charismatic person and he really makes both of those shows.

Hmm personally, I have never been that hooked with The Rookie same with the other 1hour scripted shows in ABC for several years now. ABC had better days when Lost, Desperate Housewives, early days of Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Castle, Brothers/Sisters, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Scandal were on the air. The programming in broadcast TV isn't really interesting anymore.

Like Grey's Anatomy, I'm just waiting for this show to end.
I liked the first season or 2 a lot. After that, it sorta lost the appeal that made it funny and interesting.....an aging rookie as the central character.

Is he really still a rookie? I thought he wasn't anymore. The one thing I like about the show, is I've seen the other three cast members in other stuff too, especially Iceman from the X-Men movies.

Station 19/The Good Doctor are ending neXt month with its 7th season. So I would be surprised again, if this gets a season 8 neXt year (like Castle). I think Scandal/Once Upon a Time ended with their 7th season too.

Is he really still a rookie? I thought he wasn't anymore. The one thing I like about the show, is I've seen the other three cast members in other stuff too, especially Iceman from the X-Men movies.

Station 19/The Good Doctor are ending next month with its 7th season. So I would be surprised again, if this gets a season 8 next year (like Castle). I think Scandal/Once Upon a Time ended with their 7th season too.
No. That was my point.

They could have titled the series differently. This turned out to be more like cops version of Grey's Anatomy. Even though there's a clear lead, the other regular cast members have their own story arcs and most ofthe episodes aren't centered on a single case.

I also remembered this show had a spin off show - The Rookie: Feds, was canceled last year. I didn't watch that show.

The Rookie isn’t groundbreaking television. But I’d call it serviceable network fare with a likeable cast. “Comfort food.”

Will Trent is maybe a bit better. I started watching Elsbeth. Carrie Preston is fun. But IMO, the “howcatchem” mysteries aren’t as clever as Columbo or even Poker Face. Though… Elsbeth has just been renewed for a 2nd season; so the ratings must be decent enough.

I watched the first 5 episodes of Will Trent this week (since the other shows are on a 3 week break) and I just didn't find it interesting.

I feel like ABC has mostly prodecural dramas now, compare to years ago when they had Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Scandal and those 1-2 season wonders. Now its just doctors, crime solvers, first responders. Its very samey. Its not as samey as CBS' dramas, but even ABC's pilot pick ups (Dr. Oddysey/High Potential) fall into the prodecural category.

I feel like a lot of more interesting Tv premise are on streaming now.

Reactions: Dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"