NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved seeing how excited AD was when he hit that dagger 3. You can tell that he's smelling that championship.
Yeah. Dude ain't afraid to take some big shots. Ya gotta give him that. Let's see how the Heat fare next game. I think they'll keep fighting, but I think the writing is on the wall barring injury.

EDIT: Still wishing it was the Celts. I'd like to see that 17th championship rubbed in their faces. Would have been an easier series too IMO.

Yeah. Dude ain't afraid to take some big shots. Ya gotta give him that.

Davis is finally reaching his potential. He's always had MVP-level ability, but he struggled with his lack of size early in his career, he's worked through a plethora of nagging injuries, and he finally had to cut ties with the ongoing crap storm that is the NOLA Pelicans (and I say this as a Pels fan) before we could see what he truly has to offer.

Davis is finally reaching his potential. He's always had MVP-level ability, but he struggled with his lack of size early in his career, he's worked through a plethora of nagging injuries, and he finally had to cut ties with the ongoing crap storm that is the NOLA Pelicans (and I say this as a Pels fan) before we could see what he truly has to offer.

He's definitely one of the top 5 players in the NBA IMO. Davis hit that huge 3, but KCP, Morris, Green, Rondo, etc. all played a role in a game the Lakers could have easily lost. I don't see Miami winning 3 in a row, but don't think they are going to roll over.

Oh well. IF the Lakers win we probably don’t get the Celts. Dude didn’t have a great game tonight but, like Clue, beware the butler, on the court, with the rock.

I said this......

I don't know who's gonna win this game, but Miami can't play any better than this. Butler and James are gassed and are fine with a TO after KCP's 3. Man.....this game is unbelieveable. No one is giving up. Props to both.

LeBron did his job tonight. He was fantastic. AD disappeared in the second half, and the amount of crappy shots from random players on the Lakers were painful. That said, I think the Lakers win game 6 easy enough if AD is able to play. Like with 4, Butler will be gassed after a night like this.

That was a slugfest. Jimmy Butler is fortitude personified.

Reactions: B
I’m going to watch this latest match. Glad to see the finals are getting some drama and staying alive for longer.

I really hope Jimmy starts getting his proper respect. He IS a star player. Period. Perhaps not a "superstar", he's one of the few that says he doesn't care about numbers and really means it, but he's a gamer. When it's go time, he's gonna be there. I thought AD was pretty vertical on that last foul call though. He did drift some, could've went either way I guess.

This year my playoff rule of not winning a series when you surrender winnable games is all out of whack. But I'm gonna say this right now: IF Miami gets this to a game 7 somehow...I like their chances. And being the Lakers fan that I am, I'm not mentally ready to have this snatched away in some game 7 nonsense. They need to end this Sunday...

I really hope Jimmy starts getting his proper respect. He IS a star player. Period. Perhaps not a "superstar", he's one of the few that says he doesn't care about numbers and really means it, but he's a gamer. When it's go time, he's gonna be there. I thought AD was pretty vertical on that last foul call though. He did drift some, could've went either way I guess.

This year my playoff rule of not winning a series when you surrender winnable games is all out of whack. But I'm gonna say this right now: IF Miami gets this to a game 7 somehow...I like their chances. And being the Lakers fan that I am, I'm not mentally ready to have this snatched away in some game 7 nonsense. They need to end this Sunday...

I told everyone about Butler during the last series with the Celts even though he hadn't had a great game. That dude is tough, clutch, and doesn't know how to give up. Hats off to him.

End of 1st half. Miami is pissed. I expect them to make a run and there's no way they are giving up. That Laker D in the 1st half was nasty. If they rotate like that in the 2nd half, there's no way Miami digs their way out of this hole. Jimmy looks gassed. Rondo looks like a Hall of Famer.

After this game is over, I have a take on NBA finals that I think is appropriate, but, for now, more hoops.

The Heat are done. They don't have the legs left for this. Butler has had no impact. Hope LeBron doesn't get robbed of the MVP. He came out tonight driving, meaning business.

The Heat are done. They don't have the legs left for this. Butler has had no impact. Hope LeBron doesn't get robbed of the MVP. He came out tonight driving, meaning business.

Not a chance.

LeBron James is the GOAT. 3 teams, 10 finals, 4 titles, 4 MVPs, 4 Finals MVPs, 17 all NBA teams including 13 first team selections. He's the best player in the NBA at 35 years old, after starting when he was 18. Good lord. He has built 3 different championship teams, and two are the "best" championships with beating an all time team and winning the bubble title. :bow:

In the mean time, Kyrie is still trying to figure out who the coach is in Brooklyn, while KD realizes he made a big mistake. :hehe:

I already gave you your respect LeBron. Just look up a couple of posts. :D

When you get 2 really good teams (ie those in the finals) facing off, 2-0 looks good, then 2-1 is uncomfortable, then 3-1 looks good, then 3-2 looks uncomfortable, then.......

BTW, Fyou-AdamSilver. If he gave a hot F inHades about social justice, he'd have spoken out years ago. Love the gals and guys in all sports and everywhere else who supported the BLM/Social Justice/Women's Rights and so on.

This has been a Fupped up year and this only helped make it about .5% better. Let's fix our world.

Love y'all who are supporting a real change in this world.

Best to you all.

When you get 2 really good teams (ie those in the finals) facing off, 2-0 looks good, then 2-1 is uncomfortable, then 3-1 looks good, then 3-2 looks uncomfortable, then.......

BTW, Fyou-AdamSilver. If he gave a hot F inHades about social justice, he'd have spoken out years ago. Love the gals and guys in all sports and everywhere else who supported the BLM/Social Justice/Women's Rights and so on.

This has been a Fupped up year and this only helped make it about .5% better. Let's fix our world.

Love y'all who are supporting a real change in this world.

Best to you all.
So Cali is enjoying the wine! :D

Martinis....

Nutty Queen sized olives with a blue cheese aftertaste.
Hope you are enjoying them. :yay:

So the Sixers ditching Butler. I feel like it actually worked out for Jimmy, because no one there is ready to work the way he does and that is why they are, where they are. That entire environment was wrong for him and he would have been worse for it. The Heat match up much better imo.

Hope you are enjoying them. :yay:

So the Sixers ditching Butler. I feel like it actually worked out for Jimmy, because no one there is ready to work the way he does and that is why they are, where they are. That entire environment was wrong for him and he would have been worse for it. The Heat match up much better imo.

I don't know about salary cap issues, but Miami is likely to continue to cause some damage down the line.

Next time some moron says "shut up and dribble".....

In the mean time, Kyrie is still trying to figure out who the coach is in Brooklyn, while KD realizes he made a big mistake. :hehe:

Did the Lakers luck out when they "lost" the Kawhi sweepstakes?

I’m going to watch this latest match. Glad to see the finals are getting some drama and staying alive for longer.

I watch/listen to various sporting podcasts & I think it's kinda disrespectful how dismissive some analyst have been about Miami regarding how good they are, probably because half them picked the Clippers to waltz to a title & some will say anything to try & disparage LeBron James, Anthony Davis & the Lakers achievement this season.

If you make it to the finals, particularly when you've to go through the type of series NBA teams do, the best 2 teams from each conference always make it to the finals. You can get lucky in a 1 off game, but you can't get lucky 2, 3, 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"