• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Umbrella Academy Netflix Orders 'Umbrella Academy' Adaptation

87ce539ee8f327f19b6df94c9bd91c5a73e7f097.gifv

And right when I'm in the middle of rewatching it.

Great news indeed now that its actually official. I'll be even happier when they start filming though and hopefully they take all the safety precautions they need to so it doesn't get delayed. I would hate to see this end up in a similar situation as The Witcher: Season 2.

Great to hear. Pretty much any show on Netflix these days is incredibly stressful to get attached to. I think they're being very short-sighted, honestly. Once they've lost all their network content, how are they going to draw people into their original series when they keep refusing to give them proper endings?

Great to hear. Pretty much any show on Netflix these days is incredibly stressful to get attached to. I think they're being very short-sighted, honestly. Once they've lost all their network content, how are they going to draw people into their original series when they keep refusing to give them proper endings?

This is so true, especially after they just cancelled great shows in which we got no satisfying endings for like Glow and Mindhunter. The Society getting cancelled after just one season really bothered me as well because I really enjoyed that show and the direction they were going in for Season 2 had a lot of potential IMO.

It's just hard getting too attached to any Netflix show these days, but with shows like Umbrella Academy I'll just enjoy them while they last, so I'll be less disappointed when they do get cancelled.

Finally finished the 2nd season last week, really enjoyed it and Lila was a great addition (also damn Ritu Arya is hot). But I gotta ask am I going crazy or was it kind a revealed that Sir Reginald is an
alien
?

yup he is one in the comics too as far as I know

yup he is one in the comics too as far as I know

Interesting, then I have a theory, but please don’t tell me if This is the case as I don’t want to be spoiled, but I think
Sir Reginald is responsible for all of the kids who were born with powers

Also, you may want to put your answer in spoiler tags for some who don’t want to be spoiled.

Finally finished the 2nd season last week, really enjoyed it and Lila was a great addition (also damn Ritu Arya is hot). But I gotta ask am I going crazy or was it kind a revealed that Sir Reginald is an
alien
?
is that really a season 2 spoiler... wasn't it already suggested in the first season?

giphy.gif

So I have to switch... her from best actress to best actor in my best list? Thats confusing. I hope she will get lucky with this and wish her all the best.

Wonder what, if anything this will matter to Umbrella Academy. Not like they can't find some way to gender swap after they pulled the timeline switcheroo where the dead are alive and the alive are dead.

I wonder if they'll recast the role because the character on the show isn't transgender.... (But that would probably cause some outrage) Guess it also depends on if Page will physically change, and if he's willing to still portray as a woman on screen.

Anyway, good for him.

He is an actor afterall so if he still feels comfortable playing the character as female, it shouldn't be a problem bts. The character was never overtly feminine in the first place.

He is an actor afterall so if he still feels comfortable playing the character as female, it shouldn't be a problem bts. The character was never overtly feminine in the first place.

That's true. And especially in this show they could find a way. It would be different if the character was someone like Wonder Woman.

Page seemingly has input with his character on the show. If this isn't a conversation they have had, I am sure they will have it now. Considering the general progressive nature of the show and those that work on it, I would hope that whatever happens, everyone will be happy with it.

Good for him! Can't wait to see what he does moving forward.

Reading more, it seems that while it is not in the letter, Page is apparently non-binary. If this is correct and isn't new outlets jumping to conclusions, I could see him continuing in the role of Vanya playing the character as a woman. Off the top of my head, Liv Hewson, who is non-binary, played a woman on a television show (haven't seen) and the film Let It Snow.

Forgive my ignorance, I am really lost when it comes to this stuff having never experienced it.

But does it mean Page identifies as a man, but still have, well, lady parts for lack of a better phrase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"