Umbrella Academy Netflix Orders 'Umbrella Academy' Adaptation

bLjBIKl.jpg

UMBRELLA%2BACADEMY%2BEp7%2B01%2Bon%2BTOYSREVIL.png

images

dsgI1un.jpg

Did not know these were out, these do look like the in-universe set that psycho Leonard Peabody(Harold Jenkins) was collecting, as sold on the back of his UA comics, and are on display in the Hargreeves mansion.
31781b06-88f0-4859-876f-42dba4db7657_450_250.jpeg

Although accurate, the in-story purpose of the set is to emphasize it excludes Vanya.
Not sure if they'll release a followup Vanya & Reginald Hargreeves (As Monicle) set?
Although I'd rather have a set of them all in their adult likeness.

Then there is these, I like the set idea, but didn't think it was possible to make anything more hideous then Funko Pops
I was wrong...!

91z-xHt1u7L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Didn't anyone pick up the actual action figure licence?

Edit: Interesting if legit-

V8hCxkx.png

UA-GROUP.png
Number-7-Vanya-Version-1__scaled_800.jpg

Diego-The-Umbrella-Academy__scaled_800.jpg

uHQ0GwR.jpg

GGyvkQg.jpg

OAtpQp7.jpg

aZBrHke.jpg

Season 1 figures - Apparently 4" "scale.
I like that they'll have swapable poseable hands, Vanya causal and holding violin. Diego knife holding.
Some swapable heads; masked, and different expressions.
Some character appropriate accessories; Umbrellas (for all) , violin & autobiography, knives & case, removable vest, whiskey & flask.

If they are doing 4 per wave,
maybe ?
Wave 2
#1 Luther /Spaceboy
#3 Allison /The Rumor
#5 Five / The Boy
Hazel

Wave 3?
#6 Ben / The Horror
Sir Reginald Hargreeves / The Monocle
Pogo
Mom / Grace Hargreeves

Wave 4
The Handler
Lila

Last edited:
Ok so I’m on episode 5 of UA S2 and man what in the **** took me so long because this season is fantastic so far. The character development is so damn great and man whoever the music supervisor is they did their damn thing with season 2 because the music choices are so on point. Going to finish the last 5 tomorrow but truly just good stuff.

God Diego why you got to break my heart. David played that perfectly.

Last edited:
Felt so odd that none of the siblings thought to look out for Allison since it was 60s Texas. And how did Diego never encounter any form of prejudice?
I guess the writers figured best to avoid it beyond the scenes directly featuring Allison.

rhR4xQS.jpg

Hmm, not much to go by, and I know they are not doing a one-to-one, but more of a reinvention.
Would have thought Rodriguez or David, yet Britne Oldford with those shades and presence there, could she be channeling something like the one who turns into a Sparrows?
a40badd9075a3213edd7e0f9bf334a6911c4aafa.jpg

Oldford - Fei, aka Sparrow #3, sees the world in a special way. She comes across as a misanthrope who would rather be alone than spend even a second with you. But truth be told, Fei wishes she had a friend. Most of the time, Fei is the smartest person in the room and willing to work things out. But if you cross her there’s no looking back because Fei won’t stop until the job is done.

Although "sees the world in a special way" the shades and the markings around her eyes, suggest she might have some kind of vision power?

Last edited:
two german titles...interesting

V8hCxkx.png

UA-GROUP.png
Number-7-Vanya-Version-1__scaled_800.jpg

Diego-The-Umbrella-Academy__scaled_800.jpg

uHQ0GwR.jpg

GGyvkQg.jpg

OAtpQp7.jpg

aZBrHke.jpg

Season 1 figures - Apparently 4" "scale.
I like that they'll have swapable poseable hands, Vanya causal and holding violin. Diego knife holding.
Some swapable heads; masked, and different expressions.
Some character appropriate accessories; Umbrellas (for all) , violin & autobiography, knives & case, removable vest, whiskey & flask.

If they are doing 4 per wave,
maybe ?
Wave 2
#1 Luther /Spaceboy
#3 Allison /The Rumor
#5 Five / The Boy
Hazel

Wave 3?
#6 Ben / The Horror
Sir Reginald Hargreeves / The Monocle
Pogo
Mom / Grace Hargreeves

Wave 4
The Handler
Lila
So these came out with some tragically clunky sculpts, and heavy paint aps. Although at just 4" still a fun likeness, in a retro sort of way.
Could have gone to a more acclaimed manufacturer, although it's remarkable anyone picked it up at all, being a pretty niche license.
Might get a set, I would want confirmed, or to see how Luther, Allison and Ben come out before I pull the trigger.
KlauswithAccessories_large.jpg

DiegowithAccessories_large.jpg

Vanyawithaccessories_large.jpg
UAGroup2_5be37240-4ba7-4031-bd65-0df7ef00888b_large.jpg

If they released a Wes Anderson type cutaway shelf backdrop of the Hargeeves home, i'd display them each in their own space.
5isdqi.gif
(yeah It'd essentially be a doll house, I know :funny:)

Last edited:
It took me ages to watch this but it has been quite delightful so far. Season 2 was a blast. Will have to rewatch before season 3 starts.

I'm curious to see how the show will move forward with Vanya in light of Elliot Page's transition. Considering Vanya's story so far, I think it's a reasonable progression for the character alongside the actor. If they chose to do that. A delicate situation to portray perhaps. In any case, I'll be glad to see Page again. It's such a great cast.

While the cast was their usual adorable selves at this Netflix event thing, the lack of actual footage was evil! Show me, damnit! :argh:

wtf was that? They answered just randomly questions…This could‘ve been the cast being guests at floor is lava.
It had nothing to do with Umbrella Academy

I hope the Sparrows in season 3 have as much personality (or not too far off) as the original crew. This show could get even better if so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"