New Sam Raimi interview

Same reason he mentioned Dr Strange in the second movie. To make fans smile.

Because Avi Arad talked him into it.

Yeah, because he has so much to gain by pretending to hate the character.

LMAO! Gotta' love the fan boy way of thinking ;)

Funny how you didn't quote my whole post or respond to my post. You took out pieces of it in order to spin it and fit your argument.

IF he didn't want Venom in there, why include him? He could've simply said no and moved on with the film. I don't care how hard the fans or Avi pushed him into putting Venom in the film. In the end the decision was his for him to make and he made the decision on his own. No one put a gun to his head and told him "PUT VENOM IN THE MOVIE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY."

Again, a perfect example is look how hard fans screamed, begged, and demanded that Cyclops be given a much bigger role in X3 and not be killed off. And we all know what Fox, Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg did with those very complaints.

So yes, I do believe Raimi secretely likes Venom and is just putting up a front. Not saying he has anything to gain or lose, but that he's either joking, simply putting on a front, or a combination of both.

Funny how you didn't quote my whole post or respond to my post. You took out pieces of it in order to spin it and fit your argument.

What did you want me to respond to?? Your hoopla about him saying no and that would be the end of it?? He said himself that Arad told him that the fans really want to see Venom. So he felt obligated not to let them down. So he squeezed Venom in with his two other chosen villains.

Where do you get that he likes the character from that?? He left Ock out of Spider-Man 1 because he said he didn't feel he would do Ock justice by having his origin in with Spidey and Goblin's. But he has no problem doing it to Venom by leaving him to the final act of the movie.

IF he didn't want Venom in there, why include him? He could've simply said no and moved on with the film. I don't care how hard the fans or Avi pushed him into putting Venom in the film. In the end the decision was his for him to make and he made the decision on his own. No one put a gun to his head and told him "PUT VENOM IN THE MOVIE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY."

As I said above, Raimi said himself he felt obligated not to let the fans down. Nothing to do with liking the character.

Again, a perfect example is look how hard fans screamed, begged, and demanded that Cyclops be given a much bigger role in X3 and not be killed off. And we all know what Fox, Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg did with those very complaints.

Yeah, that's Fox and Ratner. Not Raimi and Sony. Big difference there.

So yes, I do believe Raimi secretely likes Venom and is just putting up a front. Not saying he has anything to gain or lose, but that he's either joking, simply putting on a front, or a combination of both.

No offence, but that is deluded thinking. I mean seriously, the man has said several times he never wanted Venom in it. He's even saying he still doesn't understand the character and is hoping he will when he sees the movie.

And you think he's just pretending........just because??

Yeah, ok dude.

Once again, Raimi casting a 100 LB soaking wet vanilla midget as Venom is proof he hates him.

He's giving the finger to Venom and Venom fans. To Raimi Venom doesn't exist since the person that plays him is too skinny to be noticable.

Once again, Raimi casting a 100 LB soaking wet vanilla midget as Venom is proof he hates him.

He's giving the finger to Venom and Venom fans. To Raimi Venom doesn't exist since the person that plays him is too skinny to be noticable.

Toby is much thinner and shorter than the comic book Peter Parker, as well as the Animated Series PP. It's all proportional I guess. If they had cast a 250 lbs body-builder, and pit Tobey against him, it would be rather silly. If Tobey were taller, and with a little more body-mass, then I'd understand your pain, but since our Peter Parker is a lil boy himself, Venom is, as you said, "too skinny to be noticable". Nothing wrong with it, imho.

Man, you've been "VINO"-bashing for a few days now.

That is soooooo 2005! :)

Let it go, let it go......

(Comics Venom is a stupid character anyhow. Looks as cool as feck, but ultimately became annoying and over-used).

maybe he is joking but even if he wasn't he still put venom in the movie and i gaurantee that venom will be great. sam put venom in the movie because of avi arad and because of us fans.

we have a director that loves making these movies and that is preety much all he does. he takes him time and effort to make us satisfied and happy. that is what i think even if sam is not huge fan of venom. sam said he dues not have full understanding of the character so he probably does like him but since he doesn't understand venom that much he probably doesn't like him as a huge villian but maybe when the movie comes out and he hasd a full understanding of venom he will like venom alot.

Toby is much thinner and shorter than the comic book Peter Parker, as well as the Animated Series PP. It's all proportional I guess. If they had cast a 250 lbs body-builder, and pit Tobey against him, it would be rather silly. If Tobey were taller, and with a little more body-mass, then I'd understand your pain, but since our Peter Parker is a lil boy himself, Venom is, as you said, "too skinny to be noticable". Nothing wrong with it, imho.
Venom has to have a lot of muscles to be Venom.

:p

Man, you've been "VINO"-bashing for a few days now.

That is soooooo 2005! :)

Let it go, let it go......

(Comics Venom is a stupid character anyhow. Looks as cool as feck, but ultimately became annoying and over-used).

He's only joking.

Venom has to have a lot of muscles to be Venom.

:p

I'd have preferred brock be a little buffer, but it doesn't really matter that much. It's like two cents out of a dollar.

But Venom? He better have a lot more muscles than what I saw in the leaked trailer, or I will be extremely hartbroken.. I wasn't impressed with what I saw.

I was impressed with the leaked sketch, and the concept pic with the webbing. Although the face was a little lacking, it was still better than his face in the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"