New Star Wars film Opening on the day as Dragon Ball. Will it effect it Negatively ?

It is hard to tell. With Animated movies being popular right now & combine a full length Animated Movie with Star Wars the kids will definitely flock to it & most of the fans will definitely be seeing Star Wars while most are not to sure about the Dragonball movie. Both movies have Super World Wide audiences so it is hard to tell. But I can see the kids flocking to Star Wars then Dragonball

The Star Wars movie, though, is three episodes in row, not a real movie. I'm sure it will do really well but it seems to have a "look at me!!!" feel. If it were a real movie slated for the big screen, then I would be tempted.

You mean I could watch this for free right now? It's things that already aired? Lame.

You mean I could watch this for free right now? It's things that already aired? Lame.

:huh: no one ever said it's alread on tv. why would they release something in theaters if it's alread on tv? use your head man...

people are speculating that a star wars movie will not affect a db movie just because it doesnt look that good? dont forget a trailer for db hasnt even been released yet, for all we know it may look like the DOA movie as of now db is not on my top "must see" list this summer. And the new star wars movie IS A REAL MOVIE with a story, when the movie ends the story will pick up in the tv show.

Star Wars could pose a threat to the DB, but it Star Wars is something that has been seen before. This is the first time that we are getting a big budget DB film, who knows, it could possible draw in alot of people.

Star Wars could pose a threat to the DB, but it Star Wars is something that has been seen before. This is the first time that we are getting a big budget DB film, who knows, it could possible draw in alot of people.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Your seriously saying DB is something no ones seen before? I doubt adding make up to characters is gonna sway people from thinking it might just be some new kung fu movie. Im still thinking to myself the trailer is going to make it or break it for many people

people are speculating that a star wars movie will not affect a db movie just because it doesnt look that good? dont forget a trailer for db hasnt even been released yet, for all we know it may look like the DOA movie as of now db is not on my top "must see" list this summer. And the new star wars movie IS A REAL MOVIE with a story, when the movie ends the story will pick up in the tv show.

I thought it said that it was the first three episodes of the series in succession? I could be wrong. If it's an actual movie then it could be interesting, but still feels a little like a gimmick. Regardless, it will have an effect on DB, but no one can really guess what kind of an effect until DB starts marketing and we see some photos and teasers.

Oh my god. You're going to compare Dragon Ball to this piece of **** cartoon flick? It's rediculous. I would be embarassed if I went and saw that in theaters.

I don't think it's going to effect Dragon Ball at all.

I wouldnt pay to see this Star Wars movie in theaters and most people I know wouldnt either...I`d rather see DB and MAYBE rent this Star Wars movie when it comes out on DVD

Oh my god. You're going to compare Dragon Ball to this piece of **** cartoon flick? It's rediculous. I would be embarassed if I went and saw that in theaters.

I don't think it's going to effect Dragon Ball at all.

Lol where were you earlier? :wow:

Yeah, it'll affect it negatively. I think parents will take their kids to see Star Wars more so than Dragon Ball.

That and people will go "hey, that Dragon Ball thing is a lot like that Jackie Chan and Let Li movie that came out earlier this year..."

when it all comes down to it...no one is really seeing these movies for the character development or the stories. they're seeing it for the action and battles. which ever "movie" puts out trailers and tv spots that feature the better, more intense action is gonna draw the action nuts to watch that movie first. however...Star Wars is basically a force of nature as far as the entertainment world is concerned.

Okay affecting weekend opening sales and affecting the actual amount of money is quite different...

Will it affect opening weekend? Maybe, but hopefully not much. Will it affect sales after the opening weekend? No. DVD and Blu-Ray sales? No. Foreign sales? No.

Ironic, isn't it? A traditionally live-action story gone animated, against a traditionally animated story gone live-action :woot:

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before)

I`d say most kids ages 10-17 in America know or have heard of Dragonball and most probably dont like Star Wars because their parents like Star Wars

I try not to like the same things my parents like...lol

Frankly, the animation looks like crap. If the story is just as equally bad, I can't imagine it affecting anything.

Well I don't know...I aggree with the post beneath , Craigdbfan has a good point. Star Wars has a large following, the force is strong with anything Star Wars just becasue it comes from a highly successful franchise.

not to mention, that art may stink, but it may be conceptual work...(Kind of like when they released the TMNT art concept than later changed it to make it better)

Personally I would see DBZ over this, due to the fact that it is live-action vs. animated.

but there is no stopping SW fans

--dk7

This is true. But just let alone it being part of the Star Wars franchise gives it a lot of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"