New Star Wars sitcom to be Return of the Jedi sequel?

RetroNaz

Bom Bom Bom
Reaction score
Steve Sansweet confirmed at C2E2 that LucasFilm plans to revisit the original cast of characters from Star Wars in post Return of the Jedi adventures.

However, it will be in the same animated format as The Clone Wars series running today.

He did not elaborate, and I couldn't knock Cheaz out of the way in time to get to the microphone before the panel ended. Otherwise, you can bet your sweet bippy I'd have asked some follow-up questions.

So there it is folks. We will definitely be seeing Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy again in new adventures.

I have no idea if this will be all original material or based on the expanded universe... so don't ask. This is all I know.

Oh, there was one ominous thing he said though... not everyone who dies in sci-fi stays dead. He continued by stating we'll see what he means in 3 to 4 years.

Now, let me be clear, this wasn't in direct response to the post ROTJ question. This was just a little tease he threw out BEFORE he told us about the new animated adventures of our favorite rebels.
To me, this is one great step forward. It's not full-fledged films, but if this turns out well, who says we won't get them?

original article located here

GG_Statue_LeiaAnimatedLS.JPG

Enough time for people to get over the bitter taste of the prequels? hehe...

Good. I'd rather see original trilogy era characters in action than prequel trilogy era characters.

Sounds interesting. Not really sure who'd be the main villian or focused. My guess is Palpy will make a return. It'd be cool to see Mara Jade make an appearance.

Now I'm looking forward too this if it's post ROTJ.

You know what would make this the greatest? If they have Jar Jar interract with the OT characters. That is a fanboy wet dream! :p

So there it is folks. We will definitely be seeing Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy again in new adventures.

I have no idea if this will be all original material or based on the expanded universe... so don't ask. This is all I know.

>>>>Oh, there was one ominous thing he said though... not everyone who dies in sci-fi stays dead. He continued by stating we'll see what he means in 3 to 4 years.

Now, let me be clear, this wasn't in direct response to the post ROTJ question. This was just a little tease he threw out BEFORE he told us about the new animated adventures of our favorite rebels.
To me, this is one great step forward. It's not full-fledged films, but if this turns out well, who says we won't get them?

original article located here

Please, please, please bring Mace Windu back.

Please, please, please bring Mace Windu back.
Actually, when i read that whole not everyone who dies in sci-fi stays dead bit, i got the feeling they might mean Boba Fett.

Boba and Palpatine both survived Jedi in the expanded universe.... infact, way back when reading the script of ROTS, it was quite clear that ROTS and the Dark Horse series: Dark Empire would fit together flawlessly (ie. the Jedi and Sith are both seeking immortality, the Jedi figure their trick out first, and come back as ghosts. Palpatine figures out that he can jump into a younger clone of himself (that was what exploded when he got tossed down the hole by vader). The two stories lined up nicely, with the Otrilogy in between.

If they did Dark Empire, I'd lose it. That'd be awesome.

I was actually more hopeful they'd retell some of the novels instead of a "sitcom".

Imagine Tales of the Bounty Hunters, or Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. The New Jedi Order series, or even some stories based on a young Jaina, Jacen and Lowie.

Sitcom... I don't understand. Am I going to see Han walk into the Solo household to a laugh track? I just don't get it...

Two Guys, a Girl and a Millenium Falcon

One Droid at a Time

Sitcom... I don't understand. Am I going to see Han walk into the Solo household to a laugh track? I just don't get it...

'sitcom' is a classification that is very broad though. It doesn't necessarily mean comedy proper. It mostly means irony... which doesn't have to outright, laugh track style, comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"